• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon with no eyes/face

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There actually are some. Firstly in gen 1, with Staryu and Starmie. Misty had them and seemed to be buddies with them, but she couldn't really tell... If they were happy or not. They just flickered their gems at her and that was that. I still really like Starmie though - it's my best fighter in Pokémon GO :D

Are there more pokémon without proper faces? There's bound to be some with no mouths or no eyes. The regis come to mind; they lack mouths (and eyes?). Deino and Zweilous have no eyes, but they have the rest of a face, pretty much.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
The Magnemite line has no mouth to my knowledge, it makes quite some sense. They are the earliest mons I can think of with no mouths. Solrock and Lunatone migh also be it, I can't really say I can see anything that works like a mouth.

As for eyes, there's Lileep and Cradily's "eyes don't go there" / fake eyes thing, but I can't really think of any other line that has no eyes. On the other hand, there's Klink with four eyes if I'm not mistaken?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Mmm, they still sort of have faces though. Staryu and Starmie really don't have faces at all.

Klink probably has plenty of eyes, as does Magneton (: well, three at least. And Binacle has... Maybe 2 or 4, I'm actually not sure.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I took your challenge and tried to find other pokemon without facial features (eyes or mouth)

All I could find were the regis and roggenrola. Everything else either has a mouth, at least one eye, or a pattern that serves as a face even though it might not actually be its true face.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Well, there is a theory where the Wobbuffet's body is a decoy and the tail is the "true" Pokemon...

If it is true, this Pokemon only have two eyes...

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Wobuffet scares me. :c

But personally, I always found it so cool how the Regis don't technically have a face. Although it's creepy at the same time because you can't really tell how they're feeling; they're just beeping like computers and even when you "damage" them, they don't appear to really feel much of anything. :<

Darn it! I was gonna say the Regis.

Pretty sure there are still many more, like Barbaracle (its limbs, specifically), and Hitmonlee (HOW DOES THIS THING EAT?!). Sableye still has its eyes, right?

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 26, 2017
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Sableye kind of...has eyes. I think those are its real eyes, anyway. @_@;

And you know what this thread also reminds me of? This guy:

250px-436Bronzor.png

It has eyes, I guess, but no real face otherwise, and no limbs, and no apparent mouth?

What's even weirder? Its evolution, Bronzong.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
not sure if its been said, but does sabeleye even have a face?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
Nihilego! It has no eyes and no mouth. Zubat lacks eyes. Voltorb doesn't have a mouth.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Solrock and Lunatone migh also be it, I can't really say I can see anything that works like a mouth.

For Lunatone's case maybe the mouth is supposed to be that beak-like thing in the middle of it's face?

Personally, I'm wondering about this question more: How do mouthless Pokemon eat? By absorbing food? Maybe get nutrients from the soil like plants? Or maybe they just inject food into their body?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I think we concluded that before the Ultra Beasts, Staryu/me were the only pokémon without any sort of facial features altogether. Now several UBs lack them too!

Back