• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon you used to like, but no longer do

Years
  • I still love Zangoose! It definitely looked a lot cooler in sprite form though.

Swellow for me used to be really cool, especially in RSE. Great cry and very sleek, tough-looking sprite. Then it got flight in the 3D models and I'm...a bit meh on it. Not as much a fan anymore.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    I have a hate/love relationship with shuckles. Massive defensive stats and I would like to make it work but his moveset is kinda meh

Years
  • I can't think of a pokémon I used to like but don't anymore. I am more like sticking to those I like (Charizard and Gardevoir being my 1st and 2nd top favourites), no matter what Internet, the games, series, Nintendo, ... make of them!

Years
  • I really wanted Electivire to be good. Design wise he's top tier, but I just wish he was part fighting. STAB bonus on cross-chop would have been rather cool in my opinion, and he learns other fighting type moves. Sadly by the time a good physical electric type move was added in Gen 5 (wild charge), Electivire fell out of favor against other pokemon I liked.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Now it's time for something you have all been waiting for: an explanation on why I have such intense resentment towards the Grass/Dark typing.

I was doing a randomized run of a game I can't remember anything other than there was Physical/Special split, and ended up with Shiftry that I immediately added to the squad. Beforehand, I assumed it would be awesome since, well, it looked cool, and had a cool premise, and I was excited.

Now, let's take a break to discuss something: balanced stat mons. Can something that is evenly good at more or less everything but nothing being particularly high work? Absolutely! Feraligatr and Nidoking are like that and I have always had fun using those. Shiftry is also somewhat like that where everything is pretty even but evenly good, so it has to be as good as thouse guys, right? Right?

Being weak to virtually every coverage move is good, right? Dying to a surprise Fighting attack is good… right? Or a surprise Bug attack? Grass/Dark is weak to way too many things, and many of those are common coverage! And that is not good for Shiftry due to it not excelling at anything.

And I'm pretty sure it was only the specific Shiftry I had was bad, but mine didn't just suck, mine was just abysmal. Mine didn't have any particular niche, I constantly added team members and adjusting my team JUST for it, and it did nothing but hold us back. If I recall, it was the reason I quit that playthrough altogether.

And of course every reliable leaker I have seen claims the gen9 Grass starter is going to be Grass/Dark, and it's doing nothing but remind me of the awful Shiftry I had. I do NOT want to deal with that again. I plan to pick the Grass starter for my first run through the game and had always had hoped that it would end up being the strongest of the 3 new starters because I thought it would be interesting for the Grass starter to be the most useful for in game playthrough again since gen1.

That Shiftry was undeniably the WORST thing I had ever used in a long time. I have used early game bugs, 2 stage normal mons, gallons of mons I have seen other people deem underwhelming, and I had significantly more fun using ALL of those over Shiftry. Just those weaknesses… I just can't. I really don't want to say I hate Shiftry now, since I still kinda think it has a somewhat cool idea, but this ordeal genuinely made me lose respect for it, which is an acheivement.

Years
    • Age 19
    • she
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    Igglybuff was my first favorite Pokemon way back in 2010. Nowhere near my favorites list 12 years later

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    I used to love the Fire/Fighting types because it would wreck gyms in every game I played. I don't like this type combo anymore because it got boring and I need a bit more variety.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I used to love the Fire/Fighting types because it would wreck gyms in every game I played. I don't like this type combo anymore because it got boring and I need a bit more variety.

It's still a great offensive type-combination and can be very useful in the meta game if the Pokémon is good.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I used to specifically really like Gliscor, Palpitoad, Floette, and Phantump. I grew out of that phase years later for reasons I can't explain. I guess my tastes just developed.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I used to love Squirtle, but it's been ruined for me by association with my sociopathic ex-girlfriend. It was her favourite Pokémon, and I grew to love it too. I'd always liked it, but her absolute love for it was infectious and rubbed off on me. Then I saw her true colours and now I just can't stand to ever use or even look at Squirtle again. Sorry, Squirtle, it's not your fault.

Back