• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeballs

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
  • Pokeballs

A Poké Ball (Japanese: モンスターボール Monster Ball) is a type of item that is critical to a Trainer's quest, used for catching and storing Pokémon. -Bulbapedia

Are there any particular balls that you have taken a liking to? Which balls do you find the most useful? Be sure to justify your choices!

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think the Moon Ball, Dive Ball, and Quick Ball all look really cool in the OP art. The Great and Ultra Balls will always be two of my staple favorites due to their design and usability, but I wouldn't say they are my top favorites. I really love the Quick Ball in terms of usability, I always make sure to have a couple on hand whenever I get access to them!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Call me boring, but I prefer using the original Pokeball for catching team members. Having said that obviously I prefer the designs of other Pokeballs such as the Luxury Ball, Moon Ball and Love Ball.

Years
  • For appearance I like the luxury ball the best, very sleek look I appreciate. Same goes for the premier ball
    The quick ball is my favorite to use when catch large quantities of pokemon (like for the dex or whatever) and the ultra ball is the most reliable (besides the master)

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • I have to go with the dusk ball. While it doesn't have my favorite exterior design, it does have my favorite animation (when sending out a pokemon) and since I mainly play at night, they get a lot of use from me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Appearance-wise, I'd say good old Poké Ball is my most favorite. It's simplistic, elegant, and is generally the most known type of ball there is. Chances are, those who are not exactly a fan of Pokémon would still know how Poké Ball looks, as they might've seen it somewhere before.

In terms of mechanics, I'm actually pretty fond of Master. With this, you're able to capture any Pokémon with only one throw (even legendaries), which, if you ask me, is a very powerful thing. You're given this ball throughout your journey only one time in each game-play (you could still win them by drawing lottery and whatnot, but chances aren't always very likely), which I believe also helps explain its importance.

Alongside above, I also like Dusk Ball, as they make it easy to capture Pokémon in dark places such as caves (use them when encountering legendaries, since that's where they usually reside).

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I absolutely love the Cherish Ball that's packaged with some event Pokemon, or most if I'm not wrong. I'd like the idea where there could be a limited giveaway where everyone would get one cherish ball, because even though it has the same catch rate as a Pokeball, the fact that it's event only and special makes me like it a whole lot. Timer Balls are definitely one of the most useful balls when catching legendaries, second only to Ultra Balls and the like, and also the fact that they're cheaper than their Ultra counterparts, though I wish that it had a better design. :(

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • My favorite as far as looks go is the Repeat Ball. Something about the little loopy design just clicks with me. The Heavy Ball is my second favorite, because it looks like it has eyes and little ear nubbins, and that's just adorable.

As far as what I find most useful...Quick Balls or Ultra Balls for regular usage, and Timer Balls for legendaries. I like to use plain ol' Poké Balls for Pokémon I plan on using on my team, because I always keep my starter and I like everyone to match if I can help it. *cough*

Controversy

Drink The Kool-Aid
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2015
    What kind of Pokeball is the yellow one on the second last row? Design wise that one is my favourite, even though I don't actually know what one it is.

I personally try to catch all my pokemon in the standard pokeball, although I do like the function of the Ultra and Dusk Balls for difficult to catch pokemon

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • My favourites are the Dusk Ball and the Quick Ball. Since I mostly play at night and since a lot of Pokemon, including legendaries, can be caught in caves, Dusk Balls are very effective for this purpose. As for the Quick Ball, all you have to do to get an almost instant capture is to throw it right at the beginning of a battle. It's satisfying to hear that resounding click. Design-wise, I prefer the Luxury Ball, the Premium Ball and the Dive Ball the best.

Years
  • Dusk Ball and Luxury ball.

I usually play at night when the dusk ball works out it's effect, plus it looks really cool.
    Luxury ball looks awesome, I usually use it for rare or shiny Pokemon.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I like to use the classic PokéBall a lot just because it is what it is. I do like the Dusk Ball and the Net Ball for design, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I always always always was in love with the Lure Ball. It's so luring... *shot*
    But seriously, it's such a cool looking ball and I love the colors on it. Teal and red really work together.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • I have taken a liken to luxury balls since I first saw them because I thought they just looked awesome. In terms of usage, I prefer the poke ball for team members because in the anime, most trainers only use poke balls so I get really technical with that on playthroughs for some reason. The Net Ball though is so good for me because I do a lot of water type solo-type playthroughs and in my first playthrough of Sapphire, I caught Latias with a Net Ball because it was the only ball left in my bag.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sven said:
    Dusk Ball and Luxury ball.

I usually play at night when the dusk ball works out it's effect, plus it looks really cool.
    Luxury ball looks awesome, I usually use it for rare or shiny Pokemon.

I forgot to mention, but Luxury is also one of my favorites, haha. It's too bad that they're pretty tough to find in some games.

Years
  • I like the Quick Ball, because it's useful late in the game when you're team is super strong, and you're trying to catch a weak Pokemon quickly. Design-wise, I like the Cherish Ball, just because it is totally red.

Back