• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokecommunity Game Jam!

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
I think I know why the link worked for Java's Missingno and not for you guys; I send him the link in a private message, in which it most likely got shortened, and then copied it from there in this threat. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The link below should work.

DL Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/tqnn82k8m8mx8n0/Gym+Game+Jam+Badhaas.zip

Alternate DL Link (same source, yet somehow it gave this url as well):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tqnn82k8m8mx8n0/Gym_Game_Jam_Badhaas.zip

Edit: In this post the links also got shortened. The full link without "http" is "://www.mediafire.com/download/tqnn82k8m8mx8n0/Gym_Game_Jam_Badhaas.zip", in case anyone needs it.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey everyone,
Once again, thanks to our three competitors - you guys should be proud of what you made, our three volunteer judges - thanks so much for stepping in to help me, and to our non-competitors - I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you to join in on the jam, but this was by no means meant to be a source of stress for you, so thanks for your interest.

The deadline for non-competitive entries is approaching, and I don't see any indications that any will be submitted, so it's now time for the relatively quiet period - Umbreon, Kyain, dragonnite, and I will each take some time to play through your games and deliberate on who wins first, second, and third place. (Despite having only 3 entries to judge, that's not to say that third place is undesirable; these entries are all amazing experiences on their own)

After this quiet period, I'll post here with an announcement on awards and a link to a gallery where your entries will be hosted for everyone to see exactly what we found interesting and exciting about each game.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This was fun, if you're planning on hosting others, or are on the fence about it, you can count on me to join. I'd like to see this become a common thing.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Oh I didn't mean I was going to use anyone else's things 0_0

Anyhow, judging still in progress?

Even still, feel free to use the better looking tiles or red sprite, or anything really, I wont need it

Also yeah, it's been a week (almost)
What's the news on the results?

Last edited:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Current word on the results is that we're still deliberating a bit; we've got 8/12 evaluations done thus far, and should have the results(hopefully?) By Monday night.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Awesome! I have no problem waiting, at least now we know what's going on instead of being left in the dark. Can't wait to see the results!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Hey everyone! The time has come, we've got some announcements for our results.

We've got 7 awards to deal out here; the best for each category(Theme, Engagement, Challenge, and Gym Leader), and then first, second and third prize(though there are three of you, don't think of third as undesirable; you all did amazing jobs with your entries!)

First of all, the prize for Best Theme goes to Saving Raven, for his temple motif in his Dark-type Gym!

Secondly, the prize for Most Engaging game goes to Ephraim225, for the exploration and problem-solving necessary to get through his Normal-type Gym!

Third, the prize for Best Challenge goes to Saving Raven for his mid-level Pokemon Gym and its Trial of Conviction!

And finally in the categorical prizes, the prize for Best Gym Leader goes to Badhaas for Althorn, the hard-hitting and boisterous tree-puncher!

~(Extra lines added for dramatic tension)~

Spoiler:

Congratulations to all three of you for a job well-done. All three entries have been added to a curated gallery page for posterity, and I'll be sending each of you the forum code for your respective awards and the full blurbs written by judges via private message.

Last edited:
Years
May I remind that you all did a great job, I can't say how wonderful each gym was. Honestly, there was a few tie breakers I had to choose from since I couldn't decide who's was the best at certain categories, so all of you had a pretty close match in my opinion.

I just hope that all of us will get together again sometime soon for a new event!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I can't say how much fun this contest was, and I can only hope that this is a recurring thing. More game jams would be a lot of fun to have and might help get people more involved in Game dev, or help to gt people involved and have practice using Essentials.

All in all, this was a great experience and I'd like to thank the judges for their nice comments, and congratulate the contestants for their great entries! They were so much fun to play, I enjoyed them so much. ^^

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Everyone, no matter what your place in the the end was, did great. These entries were really fun to play. Next time, I hope we have more entries!

I had a little trouble deciding who was the best at a certain category, etc. but either way everyone did their best!

I hope to see everyone in the future at another one of these Game Jams! :D

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Ah, to bad I got third place, yet awesome I got the prize for best gym leader :D.

I had a blast participating and I'm definitely in for another game jam. Thanks to the judges for your judging and feedback (though I was wondering if you also had some feedback Java's Missingno?), and thanks to the other participants for creating awesome entries.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
Ah, to bad I got third place, yet awesome I got the prize for best gym leader :D.

I had a blast participating and I'm definitely in for another game jam. Thanks to the judges for your judging and feedback (though I was wondering if you also had some feedback Java's Missingno?), and thanks to the other participants for creating awesome entries.
Hey, don't feel bad for getting third place; your entry was only third because we had to assign 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Really, everyone involved should feel proud for participating :)

Back