• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: PokeHearts: Fragmented Hearts

Which Organization XIII Member should Appear in PokeHearts?

• Xemnas

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Xigbar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xaldin

• Lexaeus

• Vexen

• Zexion

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Saix

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Axel

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Demyx

• Luxord

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Marluxia

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Larxene

• Roxas

Votes: 21 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rize

The XIII Observer
Years

• Hack Name
    PokeHearts: Fragmented Hearts
    Part One of the PokeHeart's Triumvirate

A Hack of Pokémon
    (The English US Version = AXVE)

Across the stars
    Thru the Void
    Shall come a child
    To save us all
    From a dark evil
    And one lied to
    To seal the Door
    And destroy that man
    Who hath caused us suffering and pain.

Author's Note
    This is the second time I've worked on PokeHearts; the first was started a few months ago but went unnoticed and was eventually lost due to a data crash on my computer recently. I have thus started a new hack with a totally redone storyline. This hack gives me two things; first, to get back into Ruby, which I haven't played since I got Emerald, and to give back to PC for all of the wonderful hacks and resources that I have gotten from here. You guys ROCK!

Story
    It has been exactly six months since you defeated Stephen and rose to the CHAMPION of the HOENN REGION. One night, as you sleep, you hear the voice of Wallace calling out to you to wake up. When you do, you find yourself, not in bed, but in a truck that you recognize as the one you moved in six months ago. When you get out, you actually jump from the ground onto the ruins of a once mighty temple. Wallace greets you and tells you to play out your memories, which you soon learn means that you must play out your adventure again. However, once you save "Birch", Wallace reveals himself once again and explains things.

According to him, deep below the Cave of Origin, lies a place called THE END OF THE WORLD. It is here where a large door, the Door to Darkness, resides. Beyond that door lies Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds, and that Darkness stops at nothing to claim it, as Kingdom Hearts is said to be a place of infinite power and knowledge.

Wallace explains that he used the WORLD TERMINUS, a place within THE END OF THE WORLD, in tandem with the LINK VOID, a mysterious void that spans the space in between realities, to transport you here; i.e. you ain't In Kansas anymore.

Listening to him, he says that it is his duty as the guardian of the CAVE OF ORIGIN to protect other worlds and realities. He says that this reality, ORRIN, is quickly falling into the Darkness. This is due primarily to TEAM DARKNESS, an organization that threatens to use Kingdom Hearts to plunge the world into Darkness and reshape it as they see fit. Wallace cannot, however, tell you who runs it, as they are that secretive.

He tells you, though, that there is a legend that a boy from another place can seal the Dark Door, cutting off Darkness's advance, by gathering the scattered fragments of the Princesses Hearts. The Princesses of Purest Heart, eight maidens with no darkness in their hearts, as most people do, died long ago, but remained together with the world as their hearts later fused into one and shattered into eight pieces. It is these pieces that Darkness wishes locked away, as they are the only thing that can seal the Door. These pieces are said to be guarded by eight Sages of Light, who reside in eight Light Temples, awaiting the legendary hero.

While all this time, the Dark seeks the key to grant them passage to the END OF THE WORLD; Celebi. With its powers, the Pokémon has the ability to reveal the path to the final door. Coupled with the DARK, it would be unstoppable.

Wallace thus leaves you with three tasks; to stop TEAM DARKNESS, to RECOVER the HEART FRAGMENTS, and to bring back your RIVAL; they are too involved, but the memory relapse of reality switching has caused your friend to be stuck in a mind loop that only you can break.

And so, onwards in the next adventure.

Features

Two Teams merged into one- TEAM DARKNESS
    Gyms replaced by Light Temples, E4 with The End of the World, and Champion with final Boss Battle (Guess who).
    Leaders Replaced with Light Sages, E4 with the Final Guardians, Champion with Final Boss
    Inclusion of KH Characters and ideals.
    Custom Sprites/Scripts. Possibly custom tiles.
    Sages can be played by PC members, see below.
    More to come…

BASIC INFORMATION

ORRIN Region
    An alternate version of HOENN that is accessible thru the Cave of Origin. It is filled with ruins and possesses Light Temples in lieu of Gyms. It is almost the same as HOENN in regards to the basic layout. It has deep connections between the powers of Time and Celebi.

Team Darkness
    An organization that seeks to use Celebi to open the Final Door; the Door to Darkness, and to Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds. They will stop at nothing to claim it and turn Celebi to the Darkness. Its two leaders are unknown, although one of them is rumored to be from another reality like the player.

Tabitha, Matt, Shelly, and Courtney
    All of them remain Team ADMINS, with exceptions that their names have been changed, and of course redone uniforms. I have yet to figure out new names for Courtney and Tabitha.

Maxie and Archie
    They don't appear here as their teams don't, but I will tell you who replaces them.
    Spoiler:

Heart Fragments
    The fragments of the Hearts of the Eight Princesses of Pure Heart, maidens with no Darkness in their hearts. These fragments are said to be the keys to locking the Door to Darkness.

PC SAGES
    As a tribute to the various PC Members who have great other hacks, I am going to allow seven of the "Leader" positions and all four "E4" members to be based off of a hacker here at PC; i.e. they will choose that Sage's Pokémon and Name. Exactly who will get these slots remains to be seen, however, I will be PM'ing possible people as soon as this thread is approved, if it is.

Screenshots – Here Ya Go! - IGNORE THE TILE ERRORS, I'M WORKING ON THEM

What's going on here?​

Former Littleroot Town -----------------------------------Former First Route

Would have more but having some annoying tile errors. Will have more soon.

Videos
    Spoiler:

CURRENT PROGRESS (Note-I'm going kinda randomly here at the moment as when one thing bugs up I have to go do something else and think about how to fix it.)

Working On Completed Bugged Up and Working On Planned New Ideas Under Consideration

Add in New Team DARKNESS Sprites
    Editing of Talks with TEAM MAGMA/AQUA to TEAM DARKNESS
    Editing Littleroot Town into FORGOTTEN RUINS
    Editing Route 101 to RUINS PASSAGE
    Editing Oldale Town to HOUR TOWN
    Editing Petalburg City to include LIGHT TEMPLE (Furthur edits pending)
    Adding in battles with current Team AQUA members, as data is already in there.
    Changing of EVER GRANDE CITY to THE END OF THE WORLD.
    MORE TO COME.

Show Your Support
    To show your support for PokeHearts: Fragmented Hearts, please place the following userbar in your sig.

[h*ttp://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2522/pkhsusertj7.png]
    Give Credit to ME

[h*ttp://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41433&d=1213466769]
    Give Credit to HarryBlue5

Remove the stars

The Team
    I am so far the only person working on this. Please see below for ways to increase that.

Would You Like to Help?
    If you would like to help, I could sure use it. Please PM me the following form.

Code:
    User:
    Position:
    Previous Work: (please include usernames of that project's head, unless you were it.)

I will need help in the following areas.

Overworld Spriter
    Scripter

You are also free to PM me with suggestions, querys, etc. I will
    More positions may be added later on if needed.

CREDITS
    To hackers here at PC for all of the resources that you have; they got me interested in ROM Hacking again.

That's it. Questions, comments, concerns? Post them here.

-TSU

Last edited:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • Awesome story... I just dont get why the character stays in ORRIN instead of traveling to the other "worlds" to get the fragmented heart pieces.

Keep it up though!

Years
  • lol its based of Kingdom Hearts (THE BEST PS2 GAME xD). Good luck in this, maybe you should try and make custom tiles to suit the theme of the game (tiles based off Kingdom Hearts).

Enigmatic Soldier

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    !

Dang i wanted to be the first person to release a kingdom hearts pokemon hack oh well.

a few things

1. Are you going to put heartless and/or nobodies in this game and if you cant could you maybe edit the shiny sprites to look like heartless pokemon.

2. Could you please put axel in this game with his music.

3.Notice how my name is enigmatic soldier which is what terra from birth by sleep was originally known by

Ralor

Ice Climber Andrew
    Years
  • lol its based of Kingdom Hearts (THE BEST PS2 GAME xD). Good luck in this, maybe you should try and make custom tiles to suit the theme of the game (tiles based off Kingdom Hearts).

Hell yeah!!!! KH is ma favorite series ever!!!!!!

If you give up on this I MIGHT kill you..., so don't! I'm already hyped up for it.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Excellent idea, I'm looking forward to learning more about such a game. I support this all the way, keep it up, Shadow Umbreon. (b' ')b

Good luck~

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts? WHAT? Please say it isn't so...

Anyway your story seems like a good story however it's not going to be very different from R/S/E considering it seems that all events are all the same except change badges with 8 hearts and light sages with gyms. In fact you COULD scrap these gym copies and change up events. Not to mention your mapping seems bland and boring. You should really work on that.

But hey do whatever you want.

Spriter of the Century !!!
    Years
  • application: I want to be a spriter a spriter
    proof of work: I made ash ow/sprite,fergus ow, nesha ow & corey ow in pokemon mewtwo strikes back

i made a hero sprite like (1st gen.) sora for you, but not exact cause it needs to be original & air is hard to make !!!

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    The Heartless... you know there's free spaces between two Pokémon... I think it's Treecko and Celebi, they all share the sprite, and some Heartless also share the same face, so my idea is that you make Heartless fill in that space, and use trainers with the Heartless so you can't catch them (I.E. A HEARTLESS would like to battle, A HEARTLESS sent out HEARTLESS).

Also, can I be a Beta Tester?

EDIT: I've just made a new banner. I haven't uploaded it to imageshack on anything like that yet.

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    A brand new banner made by me (I ripped the sprites though, and used your original banner as a base.

Just type: [ima*ge="https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41433&d=1213466769"]https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=41433&d=1213466769[/image] without the *.

~Edo~

Yu-Gi-Oh GX & Edo Phoenix Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Hi...
    change the tiles & palets for Ruby...
    history: good...
    luke!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back