• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemarts

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • We all know what the Pokemart is. But before generation V, Pokemarts were their own separate building, and almost every town/city had a Pokemart, except a couple in each of the gens i-iv games. But, gen V and beyond (except OR/AS and LGPE) changed all this. Pokemarts are no longer their own building, but are simply just part of the Pokemon Center.

Do you prefer Pokemarts are their own building, or a part of the Pokemon Center? I miss when Pokemarts were a separate facility...

Years
  • ehhhhhhhhh

I dunno like... it seems more convenient to me to have Pokemarts and Pokemon Centers merged together because in a pinch you won't have to figure out where the Pokemarts are located relative to the Pokemon Center, which is one thing that infuriated me about past games prior. As much as I love Sinnoh, it's actually iirc one of, if not the worst offender in this regard because some Pokemarts in cities and towns are just extra walking for no real reason. I know this is a super minor thing to complain about, but I never realized how much time I saved once Gen V merged both facilities together.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I liked it when they were part of one building. Much more convenient, and it also makes sense since the healing facility was known as a Pokémon Center, which by name should encompass all sorts of Pokémon things, marts included. Otherwise if it's primarily for healing, you may as well call it Pokémon Hospital or something aha.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I rather like if pokemart is one building because it just making too wide for a small convenient place where you simple look left/right to buy things and not need to go where it located it just rather cramped when combined with pokecenter (the only exception is reaching league checkpoint, where is acceptable) because NPC filled the place is rather too crowded.

Years
  • i also prefer the convenience of having the pokemarts & centers combined. i still feel that there are plenty of npcs to talk to in each one so it doesnt feel like much of a loss to me! it makes stopping in a town to heal up and get any items you need quick and easy. plus i like what theyve done in sun and moon aesthetically, the pokemon centers are really cute!

Years
  • Y'know, I'd actually be cool if there was a little variety- maybe some cities you go to have the one mega building with a Pokemon Center, mart, cafe, etc., while others might have a standalone Pokemon Center, with a small mart elsewhere in town. I understand it's easier to re-use assets for these buildings, but I always felt the Pokemarts themselves gave cities and towns a little more character.

Years
  • I liked it when Poké Marts were seperate, it made towns feel more... populated? Kinda? It's more convenient if everything's together, but it also feels like towns have less character.

Back