• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon AncientEmerald

A devamp of Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
  • Hey just wanted to say I like this hack's idea and I wish you good luck! Need any banners/graphics that don't have to do with the actual hack itself you can ask me. I make banners and userbars in photoshop.

I also do spriting but I kinda fail at that. XD

Anyway, good luck again, and hope this project succeeds!!

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Yes, I will edit the trainer card sometime soon, but it might be awhile before I post it up. Also, I've run into a slight roadblock. I've repointed some text blocks in the introduction, and now I continue to get errors when I reach certain points in the introduction. Basically put, there's ASM involved, and I really don't know any ASM. If anyone out there knows ASM, please contact me via PM, so the introduction can be fixed.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    hey, im checking all the days to see the beta because it looks very cool because i maybe can play it in my phone
    but, did this hack will have double battles (4 example in liza&tate, u will battle solrock an lunatone together of one by one?)
    anyway great job man

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • This is very interesting idea... remake 3rd gen into 2nd gen game... I never thought that could be possible xD
    I have to say you're great graphic since ya were able to put sprites like that :)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Hmm...I have a question for all of you. That is, should I release a Demo before I release an actual Beta? A Demo would probably only go up until the end of Route 102, but it would still give everyone a taste of what this hack will be like. To tell you the truth, you've still got a while before a demo, but I'm just asking.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hmm...I have a question for all of you. That is, should I release a Demo before I release an actual Beta? A Demo would probably only go up until the end of Route 102, but it would still give everyone a taste of what this hack will be like. To tell you the truth, you've still got a while before a demo, but I'm just asking.
    Yeah Demo sounds like a good idea ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2011
    Well, an hack with the same idea of my hack, but my hack its a devamp of Pokemon Platinum.In the future I will make a thread of my hack here.Hey, I see your tree in Littleroot and it is equal of real tree, you use the cut tree tile too for this?

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, I have decided that I will be releasing a short Demo before I release an actual Beta. In the Demo, you will be able to travel from Littleroot Town up until the Route Gate at Petalburg City. (Yes, I added a Route Gate in because of problems with map connections....)

However, in Beta One, you will be able to travel up until Dewford Town. When will the Demo or Beta One be released? Keep watching this thread....

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • If I was to do all the the first Beta all the way up until Mauville City, it would take MUCH longer. That's two very large towns that would have to be added in, plus several Routes, and other stuff, including the Trick House. Also, just as a side note, I finished working on a script that will allow you to travel underneath the Cycling Road on Route 110. G/S/C never had the ability to allow tiles to be overlayed on top of sprites through a regular script, but it was possible to do. Maybe I should post a video of it...

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Well thats cool that you found out how to walk over and under stuff in Silver. Good work figuring that out!
    Actually, if you must know, you're technically not walking over or under everything. I actually have to have two maps for that Route, the first one for going on the Cycling Road, and the other for taking the land Route. Through ASM, you probably could have a more direct method, but I really don't know any ASM....

Sleepwalker

Some Kind Of Monster
    Years
  • Oh, I think I understand. So when you enter the houses on that route that enter and exit the cycling road, you enter a different map for the bike ride, and if you don't enter those houses, your in a walking map?

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • wow im slow, melash im really happy to see the thread finally up, also i just got my computer back (it broke right when finals were over...just my luck) so im ready to start spriting whatever it is you need!

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Oh, I think I understand. So when you enter the houses on that route that enter and exit the cycling road, you enter a different map for the bike ride, and if you don't enter those houses, your in a walking map?
    Yep, that's basically how I'm doing it. Seems to be the quickest and easiest way.

KageX said:
    wow im slow, melash im really happy to see the thread finally up, also i just got my computer back (it broke right when finals were over...just my luck) so im ready to start spriting whatever it is you need!
    All right, I'll get to you as soon as I need some sprites done.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    Hey dude
    i have a big doubt, will this game have double battles or just singles (because i dont know anything about hacking), and it have the cries of the hoenn or johto pokemon???

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hey dude
    i have a big doubt, will this game have double battles or just singles (because i dont know anything about hacking), and it have the cries of the hoenn or johto pokemon???
    Imo it's impossible to put double battles, thing that was presented in 3rd generation, to 2nd generation game... but cries should be working.
    But it's my opinion and it doesn't have to be right one

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back