• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon AncientEmerald

A devamp of Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • YES this is finally up, and everything i expected. I'd seen a single pic about it, and finally the thread is up. Brilliant idea, a de-make, or whatever you'll call it. Kudos! Well done!

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Ah. that looks better. you still have two screenshots the same though :P

and perhaps putting the last 5 screenshots on a new line?

Alec_

Years
  • I admire this hack!. The graphics are amazing, :PP. Love it. :DDDD Great job by the way. XD;;. Hope that you would sucess in this hack!. Good-luck!

~Fairytales.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Will you be including a worthless cameraman in Slateport that follows you? JK

But, what are you doing for the clock and bag scenes? I could see the time set from gsc being for that, but the bag, idk.

Years
  • Eh, i'm not sure, but did you mis-spell Poochyena?
    Oh, yeah, there, you put in an extra ''e''.
    ''POOCHEYENA''. That bold ''e'' shouldn't be there. Minor flaw, but everything else is great. :D.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • All right, still glad I'm getting a lot of support. Here are some useless bits of information...

1. The original G/S/C game only had 251 Pokemon in it. It is possible to add in one more (According to Coolboyman), so you actually could have 252. You can only catch 200 Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire, so I'm just going to leave it that way. However, the other 51/52 slots will be used, I can tell you that much.
    2. Emerald is the most popular choice, so far anyway, so I will insert the Emerald graphics, instead of the Ruby graphics. I will also change the name of this thread sometime soon.

New screenshots will be released soon.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Yes, Jirahci and Deoxys will be added in. You will be able to get the Eon Ticket in this hack, and be able to catch any Pokemon that you could only get through trading, and whatnot. As soon as the votes get up to 20 for Emerald, this WILL officially be a devamp of Emerald, not Ruby.

Years
  • Will you be able to implement running shoes into this hack?
    and btw, i'm really looking forward to this, great job so far!!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Hey Melash, this is beautiful! You've really progressed from before! Can't wait to try this out ;)

P.S. Since this is a Ruby hack, have you found a way to edit the connections?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I thought the GBC Hacks can make room for all 493 Pokemon. So there's no need to remove any.

I was wondering, how will you do the Red Orb animation?

uhh... actually without asm, there is only room for 255 pokemon. And one of them is the egg. I guess it COULD be possible to somehow use slot 00 (the trainer back sprite) for an additional pokemon, but maybe not...

Anyway, is the rollette in the game corner in? Are you going to finish the 3rd game corner game (the one that was unfinished in gsc)? Are you going to make the teru-sami that used to be the pokeflute (in rby) into the flute that wakes pokemon up? Why not just add more cities and routes in hoenn instead of a new region, I'd think it'd be hard to cram a new region into the same map as half of hoenn.

By the way, the ruby tiles look better then they did in ruby. Weird huh?

All right, still glad I'm getting a lot of support. Here are some useless bits of information...

1. The original G/S/C game only had 251 Pokemon in it. It is possible to add in one more (According to Coolboyman), so you actually could have 252. You can only catch 200 Pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire, so I'm just going to leave it that way. However, the other 51/52 slots will be used, I can tell you that much. .

I heard cbm was using all 3 glitch pokemon, but then again, he may have had to use asm, like he did to add the new pokemon in brown.

How will you make wynaut and azuril obtainable? Are you going to make azuril only obtainable in the wild somewhere, and wynaut only catchable on mirage isle?

Check it out, I made a user bar.
    rsgs.png

how do you like it?

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Okay, time for some responses to some questions....
    1. I really would like to add in the running shoes, and have it possible to hold down "B" to use it, just like in Ruby, however, I'd need someone to help me out with some ASM...
    2. Cooley, this is a Silver hack!
    3. I'm not sure about the unfinished card game in Gold, but I really haven't taken a look at it yet.
    4. Once again, I haven't looked at the Teru-Sama that functions as a Pokegear, or the one that functions as a Town Map.
    5. It won't be a full region, you'll be able to take a ship-ride to a part of a region. No more information for now...
    Thanks for the support!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    wow this is great Melash!
    hope you can get this finished so we can relive Ruby...Silver style!

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • 4. Once again, I haven't looked at the Teru-Sama that functions as a Pokegear, or the one that functions as a Town Map.
    Thanks for the support!

I meant poke-FLUTE. you know from rby.

Anyway,

I'd think the hardest parts would be the contests, how certain pkmn evolve
    (nincada/feebass are examples)

A thing you should change is slaking's stats. It would be way too powerful for a regular pokemon without it's terrible ability.

About the sinnoh pokemon you're adding, are they going to be the evolved formes of hoenn pokemon (Roserade is an example) and possibly regigigas (the 4th regi)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back