• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Argentum Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Looking good, Visual. Some of those custom tiles look a little out of place though...

The new palletes are nice but maybe you should try going in the other direction, instead of the making it lighter why not make the trees a bit more grundgy and dark? I think that that would offset the new grass tile very nicely. And what about blue flowers? Haven't really seen many blue coloured flowers in hacks.

I think you've got the tree shading wrong in some places, isn't it only supposed to have a shadow if theres a tree in front of it?

I haven't finished the shadowing, I need to cut off the shadows on the outside if you know what im talking about :S It's only been done in the first town and route 1. I think i'll try and make the tiles a bit more saturated and darker, but I don't think i'll have blue flowers, unless I make some more small fillers that could be small flowers? But we'll wait and see. :)

Years
    Nice hack like that you're gonna keep the standard tiles and changing a few I was planning to do that to for my new hack to:)
    But I feel a little disappointed about the storyline it's a little uhm plain nothing really to look forward of wanting to play...
    But I like that you're gonna find out mysteries sounds nice but a little bit more info about what kind of mysteries would be nicer..
    The new features are nice to :) BOL!

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    You said theres nothing to look forward to? What about the mysteries of Pokemon? You answered that for me :)

Update, you know meet Prof. Arch after you exit the cave in Camberwidge City, he explains to you that his Pikachu ran through the cave and he couldn't go in because he had no Pokemon. I haven't finished the level script, so far he just dissapears but you can still talk to him on a random block, i'll fix that up before the beta.

Pokemon Argentum Version

I'll be updating as soon as I can, as much as I can :) Now onto fixing some bugs. But I do have one to report if anyone has encountered it, it's not a gameplay problem though.

You know the blue textbox that opens when you press start? It's all stuffed up and i'm wondering how to fix it.

Also, it's not that much of a problem but it is annoying, when you exit the cave you start off in a pond in the middle of the map, any ideas people?

Years
    You said theres nothing to look forward to? What about the mysteries of Pokemon? You answered that for me :)

Update, you know meet Prof. Arch after you exit the cave in Camberwidge City, he explains to you that his Pikachu ran through the cave and he couldn't go in because he had no Pokemon. I haven't finished the level script, so far he just dissapears but you can still talk to him on a random block, i'll fix that up before the beta.

Pokemon Argentum Version

I'll be updating as soon as I can, as much as I can :) Now onto fixing some bugs. But I do have one to report if anyone has encountered it, it's not a gameplay problem though.

You know the blue textbox that opens when you press start? It's all stuffed up and i'm wondering how to fix it.

Also, it's not that much of a problem but it is annoying, when you exit the cave you start off in a pond in the middle of the map, any ideas people?
    Alright you got me there:P but I meant something more than just mystries of pokemon it's so obvious maybe something else:) But it still is in it's beginning fase so you can always make a sudden plot change ;) And nice update :D

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    New glitch ;<.
    This is always the reason I restart cause I don't know how to fix it, whenever im about to exit route 2 the game restarts.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    maybe a level script is causing the problem?
    dunno, but my bro got the same problem once with FireRed...

The only solution we did was remap the map in a different map... :\

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    New glitch ;<.
    This is always the reason I restart cause I don't know how to fix it, whenever im about to exit route 2 the game restarts.

I hate when that happens.. I usually just creat a new folder and put the rom in that.. I think it's caused by having ips patches with similar names in the same folder as the rom..

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I hate when that happens.. I usually just creat a new folder and put the rom in that.. I think it's caused by having ips patches with similar names in the same folder as the rom..

It didn't make any difference, thats why there are no updates, this hack is on a stop until I found out whats wrong, cause theres no more room for any events at the moment, I need to get past the route :P

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    It didn't make any difference, thats why there are no updates, this hack is on a stop until I found out whats wrong, cause theres no more room for any events at the moment, I need to get past the route :P

Hmm.. I think your rom may have corrupted somewhere, try using a fresh rom, and import maps and scripts...

Or go to a backup, and see if you suffer the same error..

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Im gonna have this closed for the time being, don't worry im still working on the hack, just until I am completely sure the rom wont mess up. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back