• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    So, guys, when your trial ends, do you plan on continue keeping PokéBank by paying subscription fee, or are you done with transferring all your Pokémon already and going to cancel it?

I'll probably pay the $5 and keep the subscription for a year and see how it goes. $5 isn't much in the grand scheme of things and the boxes will be useful for when I'm doing a bunch of breeding.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    £5 is extremely good. Anyone who plays Pokémon even on a somewhat irregular schedule should buy it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'll probably pay for at least one more year of the Bank. If they come out with Z in the next year or so, it'll make it a million times easier to transfer pokes from my Y to Z.

Years
    tl;dr: Yes, you can use Digital Deluxe Promotion points to accumulate the $5 you need to spend on Pokémon Bank.

Also, people should seriously be able to afford $5 for a year. A mere $10 or $15 eShop card will give you at least two or three years' worth of Bank. If you choose not to spend on anything else on the eShop, that is.

While I can afford it, when it comes down to actually paying for it I can always think of something better to spend the £5 on.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I'm the kind of person who'll get things just to have them, so i'm going to by it, maybe pick up some of the older games and move things around. Plus whenever i want to start a new game down the line, i don't have to lose everything i did before.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm so glad for Pokemon Bank (and Poke Transporter too!~). Was able to transport all of my mons from my White copy, especially my shiny Sceptile, my Meganium that I got as a gift, and a female Chikorita whom I just hatched and just added to my X team as a grass figure. I might be able to start a new save for White now that I stored all of my Pokemon in the bank.

I'll buy the year after my trial ends. It's worth it. I know for sure my Pokemon will be in a shiny safe place.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    So, guys, when your trial ends, do you plan on continue keeping PokéBank by paying subscription fee, or are you done with transferring all your Pokémon already and going to cancel it?
    I'll probably pay the fee, as it's really not that much money considering it lasts a whole year. Besides, I do remember GF stating that the Bank will be compatible with any future games, so if that ends up being true it will be useful to still have the Bank when the third version comes out, or even when the Gen 7 games come out several years from now.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Mmm, quick question: does anyone know why Leavanny with Overcoat would be blocked in Poke Transporter? I mean, this was a legit Pokémon that I caught in a Hidden Grotto, so I just assumed it'd be allowed through. For one reason or another, Pokémon Bank removed it from the transport box when I tried to send it over... >.>

In any case, I'm very satisfied with Pokémon Bank and Poke Transporter, so I'm definitely going to buy a year subscription when my trial ends.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    Mmm, quick question: does anyone know why Leavanny with Overcoat would be blocked in Poke Transporter? I mean, this was a legit Pokémon that I caught in a Hidden Grotto, so I just assumed it'd be allowed through. For one reason or another, Pokémon Bank removed it from the transport box when I tried to send it over... >.>

In any case, I'm very satisfied with Pokémon Bank and Poke Transporter, so I'm definitely going to buy a year subscription when my trial ends.

Are you sure about the legit of your Leavanny? Some ppl are complaining about the same problem like u, by the way they are editting pkmns in pokegen.
    I saw a lot of then having the same difficult to transfer dittos 6 IVs 31, my ditto 5 IV was allowed without problems. Try check the pokeball and place that this levanny was caught.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

What is the full info on the Leavanny? We'd need to know everything.

OT Number and Name
    Nickname
    Ability (Over Coat)
    Level
    Stats
    EV spread
    IV spread (if you have it available)
    Pokeball used to catch
    Attacks

There are a number of faults that the game can find with a Pokemon.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    just thought I'd update my progress
    currently got 161 Pokémon across all generations sat in my bank with a further 20 awaiting egg hatches and ten more that are middle evolutions that need hatching and training.

anyone else working on a living dex? Will be nice for next game!

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Are you sure about the legit of your Leavanny? Some ppl are complaining about the same problem like u, by the way they are editting pkmns in pokegen.
    I saw a lot of then having the same difficult to transfer dittos 6 IVs 31, my ditto 5 IV was allowed without problems. Try check the pokeball and place that this levanny was caught.

MY Leavanny was caught with a Repeat Ball in the Hidden Grotto in the woods just east of Nimbasa and HAS NOT under any circumstances been edited in anything. However, the fact that other people have been is probably the reason why I can't get mine through. Thanks to them, they've ruined it for me. Even if I knew the EVs/IVs, which I don't, it would probably still be blocked because other people have hacked theirs. Thanks for answering my question.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    <p>other people have successfully used pokegen (,i believe?) to generate an identical copy of their Pokémon and the bank has accepted it. I believe its some kind of error with a decimal bit on the end of the EVs that isn't displayed and causes banks EV checksum to error it.</p><p>based on my experience in programming / computing. I believe battle-earned IVs could be non-integer values but don't count to the total until they add up to a full 1. This means you could have 6 EVs ending in 0.9 which could be an additional 5.4 EV points detected in the Checksum and flagging it up as hacked.</p>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    just thought I'd update my progress
    currently got 161 Pokémon across all generations sat in my bank with a further 20 awaiting egg hatches and ten more that are middle evolutions that need hatching and training.

anyone else working on a living dex? Will be nice for next game!

I will be doing so as soon as I get reliable WiFi access (my phone won't cut it for a big project like that). There's plenty of time to do it before the next generation is out, so I'm not too bothered about getting it done right now.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I am wondering if anyone here has an idea of how I can pay for Bank after my one-month trial. I registered my game in the US but I live in the Philippines. So yeah, any ideas? :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I am wondering if anyone here has an idea of how I can pay for Bank after my one-month trial. I registered my game in the US but I live in the Philippines. So yeah, any ideas? :P

Hm… well, do you have relatives living in the US? If so, then hopefully they trust you enough; perhaps you could ask them to lend you their credit card info? (:

Back