• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
  • but it is nintendo and they should just go ahead and release it world wide.

Trouble is, Nintendo has proven time after time again that they have no idea how to manage anything close to a modern online system.

At this point, though, I'm about ready to just predict that PokeBank never comes out stateside.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2014
    Hi guys.
    Does anyone have any news about pokemon bank? Have already Nintendo voiced about some date?
    Maybe pokemon bank never back again. Sad moment.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hi guys.
    Does anyone have any news about pokemon bank? Have already Nintendo voiced about some date?
    Maybe pokemon bank never back again. Sad moment.

Nintendo has given us zero information about the Bank since stating that its delayed, which was more than 2 weeks ago.

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    i'm just hoping that they'll extend the trial cut-off date... it may only be $5, but still....

frankly, i think building up so much hype about it should be after they've made sure it works like they want it to. it's tough to get the release date to line up precisely when everything's finished, and companies often push up the release date partway through the project. this is far more difficult for the people actually working on it. imagine if you were still in school, and you had a big report due at the end of the month, then the teacher says "oh, hey, i've decided that should be due next week". that's sorta what it feels like, except projects like these cannot possibly take such a short amount of time as in my example.

why dont they open up the servers to specific regions of the U.S. and other countries? this is taking far too long and its frustrating me. Nintendo has tons of money! spend it on something that can get you even MORE money! nintendo is about to loose some fans.

they still have the QR code on their website but its has no download but its on the eshop

while it is inconvenient for all of us, they can't just release to specific or limited regions. people outside those regions would voice their displeasure at not being 'the chosen ones' etc. i think that would have more repercussions than not releasing it altogether until they're sure it can handle region-wide loads.

but i digress... my main point is i'm effing frustrated too. >:(

Years
  • i'm just hoping that they'll extend the trial cut-off date... it may only be $5, but still....

frankly, i think building up so much hype about it should be after they've made sure it works like they want it to. it's tough to get the release date to line up precisely when everything's finished, and companies often push up the release date partway through the project. this is far more difficult for the people actually working on it. imagine if you were still in school, and you had a big report due at the end of the month, then the teacher says "oh, hey, i've decided that should be due next week". that's sorta what it feels like, except projects like these cannot possibly take such a short amount of time as in my example.

while it is inconvenient for all of us, they can't just release to specific or limited regions. people outside those regions would voice their displeasure at not being 'the chosen ones' etc. i think that would have more repercussions than not releasing it altogether until they're sure it can handle region-wide loads.

but i digress... my main point is i'm effing frustrated too. >:(
    they could do it by time zone.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    3 weeks*

But aside from that, I'm treating as if this is cancelled anyways.

can't really cancel a product that's already out, just be nice to know what they're actually doing, there's no way it should be taking this long, they manged to patch X and Y pretty quick after it's release, and servers aren't really an issue that takes weeks to resolve.

Years
  • can't really cancel a product that's already out, just be nice to know what they're actually doing, there's no way it should be taking this long, they manged to patch X and Y pretty quick after it's release, and servers aren't really an issue that takes weeks to resolve.

Obviously it's not cancelled, I'm just treating as if it is at this point.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • There's no need for compensation, nor do we need anything for it.
    Not everybody thinks the same way you do, so please don't say "we". I think they should throw in another event exclusive, like Mew or Jirachi as an apology, it costs them nothing.

Obviously it's not cancelled, I'm just treating as if it is at this point.

I decided to do this today as well. And by that I mean I put X and Y in a drawer and went back to Gen 5 and 4.
    I don't know if I'm the minority here, but I don't like X and Y that much to begin with, and with Pokémon Bank and Transfer in limbo, that means I can no longer work on my National Pokédex in those games (which I like to do entirely by myself) . So until the bank is released, these games are pretty much worthless to me.

I just went to the official Facebook page of Pokémon and looked the comments to the recent posts. I love this one:

Pokémon said:
    The Legendary Pokémon Zygarde has officially been revealed! [...] Have you met Zygarde in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y yet?
    A subscriber said:
    I have met Zygarde. Have YOU released Poke Bank?
    432 likes, well deserved. Some other comments to other posts just say "Pokébank" and have top numbers of likes. At this point it seems like Nintendo is deliberately ignoring the outcry of the fandom. Either that or... I hate to throw the word "incompetent" around, but... yeah.

I also see people creating petitions, which aren't getting many signatures. And while this one: We want the App to come as soon as Possible! is plain ridiculous, I wholeheartedly aree with this one: Make Poké Transporter a completely free service that can be used without subscribing to Pokémon Bank, but not for the same reason: at this point, I'm no longer annoyed at the feature being paid, I'm annoyed at Pokémon Transfer not being released on the grounds that it depends on Pokémon Bank, while there was absolutely no need to make Pokémon Transfer an online-only feature (I already explained how it could work offline in another post, I'm not repeating myself here).

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I also see people creating petitions, which aren't getting many signatures. And while this one: We want the App to come as soon as Possible! is plain ridiculous, I wholeheartedly aree with this one: Make Poké Transporter a completely free service that can be used without subscribing to Pokémon Bank, but not for the same reason: at this point, I'm no longer annoyed at the feature being paid, I'm annoyed at Pokémon Transfer not being released on the grounds that it depends on Pokémon Bank, while there was absolutely no need to make Pokémon Transfer an online-only feature (I already explained how it could work offline in another post, I'm not repeating myself here).

online petitions don't really do much but bring attention to something, and they already know. No amount of online anything will get it out before they want. and the whole point is for your pokemon to be saved on a cloud, so no matter what happens to your copy of the game, the pokemon stored in the bank are safe and sound, and using servers cost money.

I do agree with the transfer part though, taking that away just so people would use the bank was a dick move. But Nintendo is struggling so anywhere they can get money i guess...

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    What if they were actually working on redesigning Pokémon Bank and making it so it stores everything locally on the SD card instead of relying on cloud servers?

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    people seem to be forgetting about the cafe's across kalos. they may not have all the entries, but it gives you 'dex entries without having to trade for the pokemon. this includes many that are unobtainable in x and y--including legendaries from previous games.

they could do it by time zone.

that would be just as bad for people outside those time zones.

What if they were actually working on redesigning Pokémon Bank and making it so it stores everything locally on the SD card instead of relying on cloud servers?

that is extremely unlikely.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    people seem to be forgetting about the cafe's across kalos. they may not have all the entries, but it gives you 'dex entries without having to trade for the pokemon. this includes many that are unobtainable in x and y--including legendaries from previous games.

Not everyone wants the Bank for the sole purpose of Pokedex completion. Some people, like me, have a large number of Pokemon we've spent time and effort raising and would like to use them in the new Generation. Others want the Bank so they have a way to save all their Pokemon before starting a new save file.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Today, I just found out that my Mew (has Fire Blast) which I had a feeling was a hacked Pokemon I got from GTS in gen V didn't go through Pokemon Bank. :( It is a illegal Pokemon which disappointed me, but oh well. I was able to get Latios and Grovyle transferred over. I can't even trade Thunderus nor Kyurem to get them over to X and Y. I have to un-transform them and retry the normal Kyurem and Zekrom to see if it lets me.

I had this Japanese guy from another forum helped me out; since, he's the very few who has Pokemon Bank still working.

Back on topic though, I'm afraid it's not gonna be out anytime soon at all nor will it ever gonna come out.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I'm wondering if the delay isn't as much about server issues than it is about fixing their hack checks. I was reading about how badly they were working with the original version, and I'd prefer them take a year to release PokeBank with good hack checks than release a shoddy program that allows totally ridiculous Pokemon to come flooding in.

That being said, they should say something about it if that's the case -- keeping us more updated would be the best thing they can do. For now, I have been able to get some of the Bank exclusives and I'm hoping that I can breed those to trade for the ones I'm missing. I'm not expecting it any time soon.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm wondering if the delay isn't as much about server issues than it is about fixing their hack checks. I was reading about how badly they were working with the original version, and I'd prefer them take a year to release PokeBank with good hack checks than release a shoddy program that allows totally ridiculous Pokemon to come flooding in.

That being said, they should say something about it if that's the case -- keeping us more updated would be the best thing they can do. For now, I have been able to get some of the Bank exclusives and I'm hoping that I can breed those to trade for the ones I'm missing. I'm not expecting it any time soon.

That's my theory too. If it is, it makes sense that they're keeping it under wraps, because they'd probably prefer people don't know that there could be a bunch of hacked Pokemon floating around the cloud.

The most frustrating thing about this whole thing is their sorry excuse for "updates". "We're working on it gaiz. Be patient, kthanks!" does not an update make, Nintendo :(

Years
  • I'm wondering if the delay isn't as much about server issues than it is about fixing their hack checks. I was reading about how badly they were working with the original version, and I'd prefer them take a year to release PokeBank with good hack checks than release a shoddy program that allows totally ridiculous Pokemon to come flooding in.

kinda of late for that since if people really wanted their hacked pokemon they would find a someone to transfer their hacked pokemon for them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I hope all the problems are resolved soon so I can transfer my Pokemon and play with them in Pokemon Amie. ;~;

Back