• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    People do this sort of stuff to save time and energy and such; it's nothing new. I personally don't have any issues with that. It doesn't matter if the Pokémon's hacked or not, but as long as it looks legitimate, I'm fine. :] By the way, we already have a thread going on about Pokémon Bank; I'm merging your topic with that. Hope you don't mind!

Merged.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Actually, it IS happening with legendaries. Earlier today I was hunting on the GTS for an easy-peasy Dialga. Sure enough, I saw a Level 1 Shiny Dialga labelled "SUPER-DUPER-PERFECT" or something like that. I didn't go for it, since it was hacked and was asking for a Darkrai (something noone has for some reason...) but yeah. Servers are acting a little fishy if that got the A-OK.

lv 1 Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina ARE legitimate though! (there's one of the games that you take an Event Arceus to some place or another and it creates Dialga, Palkia or Giratina at level 1. People REALLY need to stop just assuming EVERYTHING is a hack, although with that name, it likely is, but level 1 IS legit) and the reason why no one seems to have a darkrai is because all the legitimate ones cannot be traded on the GTS. They're like the Event Torchic, basically.

I've seen hacked Pokémon, too. Level 5 Jirachi on GTS and in trades caught in a Master Ball. Hopefully, patches will be added soon to eliminate the ability to transfer hacked Pokémon.

The master ball is suspicious, but since 2003 it's ALWAYS been released at level 5 (except for the 2013 event) https://www.serebii.net/events/dex/385.shtml so again, the level is not an indication of it being hacked. The master ball on the other hand, okay, I'll give you that one.

People do this sort of stuff to save time and energy and such; it's nothing new. I personally don't have any issues with that. It doesn't matter if the Pokémon's hacked or not, but as long as it looks legitimate, I'm fine. :] By the way, we already have a thread going on about Pokémon Bank; I'm merging your topic with that. Hope you don't mind!

Merged.

I personally used to do it simply to get the pokemon I can't go to events for, or to get pokemon that were given out before I owned the games. Now, however, with wifi and the GTS, I have been getting legendaries left and right with shinies, and yesterday I got a Reshiram and Zekrom for two of my 6IV Zoruas, and then a Registeel for a 5IV Naive Zorua (everything but SpDef had 31 IVs) and none of those 3 were shiny, so if you're patient enough you can get all the legendaries eventually

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thus far only a Deoxys I got in a trade got blocked...didn't even know it had an issue...still don't know what it is...

Also my Pikachu named Picha got renamed Pikachu, and today I just realized my Kyogre named Kairi got renamed Kyogre during the transfer due to those names being apperantly bad words 0_o.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Thus far only a Deoxys I got in a trade got blocked...didn't even know it had an issue...still don't know what it is...

Also my Pikachu named Picha got renamed Pikachu, and today I just realized my Kyogre named Kairi got renamed Kyogre during the transfer due to those names being apperantly bad words 0_o.

can you tell us info about it? what region it was found in, ability, maybe it's simply in a form that can't be transported over in? (you can't transport Kyurem Black or Kyurem White when merged, you need to separate them, so maybe if your Deoxys is in Speed, Defense or Attack form you can't transport it and have to do it in normal form?)

Also, Picha is a foreign language word for a part of the female anatomy, (no idea which language) and Kairi I have no idea, there's a character in Kingdom Hearts named it, so I have no idea what the problem is there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    What do you think pokemon bank will do in the future?

Pokemon bank came out on 2/6/14!!! 2 Days ago!!!
    Tell my what you think will happen with pokemon bank in later months and days!

~Turek13

Sub here!
    ( youtube.com/turek13doesroblox )

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Easy. It will keep crashing every now and then until the end of the week. Then it will work properly because everyone will have transfered all their Pokemon, so noone will be really using it anymore. That is until the next game comes out (Pokemon Z, or whatever it's gonna be called), when a whole bunch of people is gonna be using Pokebank at the same time again, so it will probably start crashing again. Well, at least the crashes are now generally being resolved quite quickly, so we probably won't see another Dec 27 fiasco.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I think it'll remain in use for every generation of Pokemon made on the 3DS, I'm sure we've got plenty more mainstream games on the way.
    By then they would have hopefully got their servers set and right so crashing won't happen at all or at least not as often.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It was Normal form. I don't think that's the issue as Rotom can be transferred in any of it's forms and doesn't require an item like Giratina (which drops the items when transferred due to the item rules) or fused with another like Kyurem's...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It was Normal form. I don't think that's the issue as Rotom can be transferred in any of it's forms and doesn't require an item like Giratina (which drops the items when transferred due to the item rules) or fused with another like Kyurem's...

Need more info about it. Met at location. Level met at info. Pokeball its in. Need to know every little aspect about it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2015
    my personal bank is set to become a living pokedex

I am hoping to actually do the same thing! However it's been a bit hard to pull off for me. :D
    As for the bank itself, I'm sure it'll get good use since we all waited so long for it!!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Now that the Poke bank is out, I would like to know if the celebi you get has set IV's or you get them random and if it's the same with the nature?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Now that the Poke bank is out, I would like to know if the celebi you get has set IV's or you get them random and if it's the same with the nature?

Everything is random, except I believe you get at least two or three perfect IVs like the other legendaries in XY (don't quote me on that though).

Years
  • So I just transferred my team from Black 2 earlier. I fought the Kalos elite 4 with them without using a potion or a revive and OHKOd most of Diantha's Pokemon. It's not as if they're over leveled either; they're all on par with the the elite four (level 63).

Anyway, what I'm wanting to say is I am so happy I get my 6 from Black 2 :)

Muk is so fun when petting him on Amie!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Has anyone been able to hack in Pokémon on third/fourth/fifth gen using GameShark/XPLODER/Action Replay and had them slide through the PokeBank legit checker?

Years
  • Good thing a friend of mine helped me sort my problem, looks like my router's the problem -_-, good thing he has a pocket wifi and now I transferred my pokes, problem is that's just half of the pokemon I'm planning to transfer O_O

Back