• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen today
    I was using BGB at first for Gameboy Color emulation, but when it started getting audio blips and skips, I kinda had to start using mGBA to not have to experience that dissonance when playing.

That's strange, I've never had audio issues with BGB in the past. But mGBA should work just as well, its GBC emulation is pretty accurate from what I understand, and it's also my go-to emulator for GBA games.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    That's strange, I've never had audio issues with BGB in the past. But mGBA should work just as well, its GBC emulation is pretty accurate from what I understand, and it's also my go-to emulator for GBA games.

It's strange, because it wasn't an issue I had with BGB when I first got it to play Prism. But over the last couple of years, it's been cropping up and I've since backed away from it, even though it's still the one folks swear is the only one to use for Gameboy emulation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    Hey, just figured I'd pop in here to say...considering the not-zero-percent chance that the next main series game to come after S/V will likely be Unova-focused in some form...given the concerning amount of Gen 5 merchandise being made over the last few months, and Ingo being mysteriously in Arceus...it might be better to release the game like...sooner rather than later. IE...not three years or so from now, tbh. You know how jumpy Nintendo got when they realized people still made GBC Pokemon games when GSC got rereleased. I'd die a little inside if I saw this get C&Ded to death at like 95% completion or whatever. So please...whatever you do OP, just...I'd definitely try to release this while Scarlet and Violet are still considered 'new', is all I'm saying. 😊

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, just figured I'd pop in here to say...considering the not-zero-percent chance that the next main series game to come after S/V will likely be Unova-focused in some form...given the concerning amount of Gen 5 merchandise being made over the last few months, and Ingo being mysteriously in Arceus...it might be better to release the game like...sooner rather than later. IE...not three years or so from now, tbh. You know how jumpy Nintendo got when they realized people still made GBC Pokemon games when GSC got rereleased. I'd die a little inside if I saw this get C&Ded to death at like 95% completion or whatever. So please...whatever you do OP, just...I'd definitely try to release this while Scarlet and Violet are still considered 'new', is all I'm saying. 😊

That is definitely something I've thought about! I'm still plugging away at it, I finished 3 of the 4 Elite Four rooms this last weekend, so it is getting there. Aside from the last few maps, I've also got some polishing to some areas, like trainer/npc text and overworld item pickups, and stuff like finishing up the custom cries.

Years
    • Seen today
    Update for the last few weeks, and unfortunately it's a lot of stuff that I can't show previews of very well, but there has been progress. The biggest things are that the custom cries are all finished, so no more re-using Gen 1/2 mon cries for newer Pokemon. Big thanks to Celedonk of Pokemon Fool's Gold for sharing some of his custom cries as well. I've also composed and added in all of the trainer encounter themes from Gen 5, so when you meet a trainer, it won't just play the same generic Gen 2 themes. Finally, I've finished up the last of the Elite Four rooms. I can post the static pics here, but they're much better looking with their background animations, like lights, fire, etc.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Big thanks to Celedonk of Pokemon Fool's Gold for sharing some of his custom cries as well.

It's strange to see that he's helped you in the making of this hack (the Pokemon cries at least).

I've gave him some suggestions and he's rejected almost all of them, saying that it goes against the "experience". I don't think he understands what makes a ROM hack a GREAT ROM hack.

I know that this hack will be able to stand out because it makes an experience truly unique and not just become another Fakemon hack like FG.

Years
    • Seen today
    Most recent update, just recently finished re-vamping the Hidden Grotto items to have a lot more variety, with different tiers of items based on which Grotto is being checked. These same item lists are also used for gifts that are given after each trainer rematch. Also did some work spiffing up some of the older, more plain maps from the early game, and put a lot more colored shards in the overworld to help with Move Tutors.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    im just checking this thread everyday, i played the demo already 1 year ago, and can't wait to the full release

Years
    • Seen today
    I just tonight finished adding in the big secret spoiler end-game boss, so at this point, I've just got the final battle cutscene stuff to finish, plus a ton of various dialogue and some various polishing here and there. The list is finally starting to get checked off, lol

Years
    • Seen today
    Big news, I just finished adding in the final battle scenes and Hall of Fame, so technically it's now possible to reach the credits! There's still things left to do, like actually making the credits scene, as well as more missing music and a lot of missing dialogue, but the end is finally in sight!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Big news, I just finished adding in the final battle scenes and Hall of Fame, so technically it's now possible to reach the credits! There's still things left to do, like actually making the credits scene, as well as more missing music and a lot of missing dialogue, but the end is finally in sight!

This is exciting news! I'm so pumped for this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Hi, I have seen that there is a mapping error in the pokémon center of Lacunosa town. I attach screenshot.

Attachments

• Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)
      Error_map_Lacunosa_town.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 22
    Years
    • Seen today
    Finished mapping Twist Mountain, which was the last area left to complete. At this point, I still need to add the content to the whole Twist Mountain area, as well as some minor missing text, some sprite touch ups, and one more post-game event. Then all that's left is playtesting to find bugs and balance difficulty, and then the game will be ready for release!

Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Back