• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black and White- A Sale Whale

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    ... I just hope that GF uses this whale money to make the third game even better ...
    Maybe an extra (small) region, were many pokemon from different regions live.
    Cause I sure as hell don't wan't to "pokeshift" 493 pokemon.
    and or use all kinds of strange methods to catch a few in isshu...

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • A Sale Whale by Team Fail
    I'm not suprised at all by those numbers. With every leak and all the anticipated new features/pokemon/characters, it seems pretty obvious that they would end up with those kinds of numbers.
    One.
    Million.

I hope GF uses that money for R/S/E remakes.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Nintendo recently announced at a press conference that pre-order sales of Pokemon Black and White versions have already surpassed one million units. They also expect to reach 1.5 million. These sales make Pokemon Black and White the fastest selling DS title in history, and proves the franchise is still strong.

What do you think of this? Do you think they will reach their goal of 1500000 games sold? Discuss.
    It already had One million units sold!? wow,thats awesome.
    Yes,I also think they will reach Two million,because of how good there doing right now.

I hope GF uses that money for R/S/E remakes.
    I also hope this,Its like a plan in motion now :)

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    ... I just hope that GF uses this whale money to make the third game even better ...
    Maybe an extra (small) region, were many pokemon from different regions live.
    Cause I sure as hell don't wan't to "pokeshift" 493 pokemon.
    and or use all kinds of strange methods to catch a few in isshu...

Who actually catches all the Pokemon? Very few. Very few.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • While I expected Black and White to exceed expectations and sales, I never expected to achieve the title of the "fastest selling DS title to date." Still, this gives me high hopes on a few things - being a RSE remake, 6th Generation, and one of the most anticipated, a third game for 5th Gen's B&W. With the large popularity from Black and White though, I at least expect some great things to come afterward. One can only hope anyway.

exteradude

Who actually catches all the Pokemon? Very few. Very few.

I do. I have almost every single pokemon, minus a few legendaries (Deoxys, Celebi, and I still have to breed my Manaphy).

I spent a month playing nonstop to do the training and movesets, actually. I decided to catch every single pokemon available right now because once Black and White comes out, that total will be much, much more.

And no, I don't use a gameshark. I never owned one and never will. I just use a lot of Ultra Balls, Quick Balls, Timer Balls, False Swipe and Hypnosis. It really isn't that hard once you get into the niche of things. You check pokedex, find out if you can catch it or spam gym leader battles until you evolve the pre-evolution. You catch/train. You catch legendaries. You use GIANT checklist. :)

I have to agree that yeah, few people get all 493 pokemon, but I've been playing and keeping my pokemon since Ruby and Sapphire, and that's another main reason. (Since R/B/Y/G/S/C doesn't transfer to the future generations at all).

-

Anyway, I'm extremely overcome with joy about this! Just imagine... This is before the game's release in Japan. Simply to imagine the sales once it's released! There may be pre-orders, but there are also people in Japan who go to the store and buy it in the first week for one financial reason or another. Those sales will be HUGE!

And once the game comes out for pre-orders in America and Europe, imagine the pre-orders for those! Especially here, in America... The pre-orders will definately surpass the pre-orders in Japan simply because there's more people.

(America = 310,065,721 as of 08/23/10 at 18:30 UTC (EST+5))
    (Japan = 127,390,000 as of August 1, 2010)

Oh yeah! I can't wait! I preordered it from japan as well.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • And once the game comes out for pre-orders in America and Europe, imagine the pre-orders for those! Especially here, in America... The pre-orders will definately surpass the pre-orders in Japan simply because there's more people.

(America = 310,065,721 as of 08/23/10 at 18:30 UTC (EST+5))
    (Japan = 127,390,000 as of August 1, 2010)

Oh yeah! I can't wait! I preordered it from japan as well.

gamefreak mostly cares about the number of sold copies in japan, and that is their main focus. but i dont know about that sales are going to be much bigger in amreica and europe, after all its japan were talking about, they are just opsessed with games and pokemon :D i bet every japanese person from ages 6-19 will own both black and white :D

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I suspect that a lot of the sales reflects more people choosing to pre-order both games instead of just one, considering the larger differences between versions. I know I'm going to get both, and I haven't done that since Ruby and Sapphire.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • The amount of the members in this forum alone show that the love behind the Pokemon series is still there. I think that they will surpass it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm guessing that this "Reboot" is helping GF sales like they wanted, actually Nintendo said they wanted to focus on international sales in March I think, well I think they are going to hit their goal :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Whoa...one million preorders, already claiming a record, and the games aren't even out yet! RSE remakes, here we come! :cer_boogie:
    I can't wait to hear the sales numbers released for launch in Japan, U.S., and other countries as well (though I'd actually prefer a simultaneous worldwide release...)

I'm wondering if BW will recapture the attention of those who liked Pokemon in their childhood, but shun it now (IMO, though, one shouldn't completely avoid something just because one is growing up...)

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I highly doubt that B/Ws sales in America will ever get that high, I think that, at most, only 30,000 people will preorder the english versions, because Pokemon is not as popular in the states as it was back in 1999.....

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I highly doubt that B/Ws sales in America will ever get that high, I think that, at most, only 30,000 people will preorder the english versions, because Pokemon is not as popular in the states as it was back in 1999.....

You are kidding right?

Sales of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl in Japan exceeded the five million mark in the 29th week of sales (April 9 - 15, 2007). In the United States, over 533,000 pre-orders were taken before release, and one million copies were sold within five days. By the end of April 2007, the US release of Pokémon Diamond had sold approximately 1.045 million copies, and Pokémon Pearl had sold approximately 712 thousand copies.

In Japan, the games sold 1,480,980 units within the first two days of release, topping the Japanese sales chart that week. Within two weeks, the games had sold a combined total of over two million units. By December 18, 2009, the games' Japanese sales totals had surpassed 3,228,000. In Australia, over 50,000 units were sold in one week. In the United States the games managed collective sales of 1.73 million in their first month, with SoulSilver version selling 1.01 million and HeartGold selling 761,000 units. The combined sales of the two games make them the highest selling games of March. As of May 6, the games sold 8.4 million units worldwide.

It is safe to say that Black and White might actually be near the bestselling Pokemon game of all time.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • You are kidding right?

Sales of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl in Japan exceeded the five million mark in the 29th week of sales (April 9 - 15, 2007). In the United States, over 533,000 pre-orders were taken before release, and one million copies were sold within five days. By the end of April 2007, the US release of Pokémon Diamond had sold approximately 1.045 million copies, and Pokémon Pearl had sold approximately 712 thousand copies.

In Japan, the games sold 1,480,980 units within the first two days of release, topping the Japanese sales chart that week. Within two weeks, the games had sold a combined total of over two million units. By December 18, 2009, the games' Japanese sales totals had surpassed 3,228,000. In Australia, over 50,000 units were sold in one week. In the United States the games managed collective sales of 1.73 million in their first month, with SoulSilver version selling 1.01 million and HeartGold selling 761,000 units. The combined sales of the two games make them the highest selling games of March. As of May 6, the games sold 8.4 million units worldwide.

It is safe to say that Black and White might actually be near the bestselling Pokemon game of all time.

Yeah Red and Blue sold something like 20 million copies world wide...I don't see B&W topping that anytime soon. But I agree Black and White are huge and are only going up. I say they'll be the best selling of the modern day Pokemon games (third generation on.)

I'm thrilled about this though!! Pokemon is still the King of Games! (Well besides Mario but he has like 14 years on Pokemon.)

Edit: After reviewing some sales numbers, and seeing that Diamond and Pearl sold around 17 million I'm going to change my opinion. Black and White could just become the bestselling Pokemon games of all time. 0.o

Last edited:

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • I think GF is actually doin some things right. They're managing to keep players of the originals interested and new people to the series! I think it's great that sales are really going up. More money can easily mean more for the games! ;'/ <-- I just hit the keyboard and that epic emoticon was born RIGHT HERE! But they definitely have sold... twice! ;'/

Back