• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Brick Bronze Reborn [Beta 0.1.1]

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
Years
Also, there's this weird bug where Caterpie and Metapod keep not evolving. I brought Caterpie to level 9 from level 5, and then it didn't evolve. It did when I brought it to level 10, though. Now I've brought Metapod to level 11 and level 12, and it still won't evolve. Edit: 13 now, still not evolving. Edit 2: 14 now. I'm gonna give up on it for now.

welp... this is odd...

Also, unless I'm the luckiest person alive, Pikachu's encounter rate in Gale Forest is way too high. It's hard to find anything that isn't Pikachu.

Ok... I think I see why now... the encounter rate for Pikachu is 10%... It will be half when the next update arrives...

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
To answer that question, you can only get another starter after defeating the 4th Gym and progressing a bit through the story. For most trade evolution Pokemon, you will need to use a specific evolution stone called the Mysterious Stone (I can't think of a better name😅). Not only that, items like the metal coat and dragon scale can be used as evolution items. However, I do want to make an NPC for the Karrablast and Shelmet evolution as it just a cool concept and the only reason why I am ok with Gen 5's introduction.
So we won't be able to complete the entire Pokedex with all the starters? Aw man.

TBH, I actually have no idea... I just feel like the alolan Pokemon are being a bit left out in the early games...
I meant like what are all the Pokemon you added to the routes that the wiki doesn't have.

It has all abilities up to gen 8, however most of them are not functional yet (also some moves don't have their unique functionality yet.)
Does the ability Pickup work? Because depending on what generation it follows, it could be possible to get evolution stones to complete more of the Pokedex at this stage of the game. Edit: I've just confirmed that Pickup does actually work, and now I really need to know what generation it follows.

Well... due to the amount of times I have to redo the PBS file, I am guessing no... (for now at least)

Edit: Judging by that I just changed the Pokemon PBS file to silverlime's Gen 8 PBS, the items should match the current gen 8 games (those unobtainable in gen 8 will remain the same as gen 6 or 7). Since PBB has the similar move learnset and held items, I am guessing they would be the same in the next update
I feel like PBB had some custom held items tbh. I'll have to double check that, though. Also, does that mean the movesets for everything will match gen 8 next update? Edit: Lookas like it mostly follows OR/AS and uses the most recent game before that if OR/AS doesn't have it. Like Yamask uses B2/W2, but everything else up to that point uses either OR/AS or X/Y. Edit 2: I found a Numel with a Rawst Berry and a Blitzle with a Cheri Berry, both of which are gen 5 held items. Interesting.

Thanks for answering all my questions. I'll be sure to post more here when I have them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
It seems that Caterpie and Weedle have had their evolution level changed to 10, while Metapod and Kakuna have been changed to 15. Might wanna fix that lol

DarrylBD99

Years
So we won't be able to complete the entire Pokedex with all the starters? Aw man.

Well... for now at least not until Anthian City is out. That update will bring many game changing features.

I meant like what are all the Pokemon you added to the routes that the wiki doesn't have.

YEAH... I really didn't know why I wanted to do that... I think it was because I really didn't want to introduce the Lost Islands or else I might have to add z moves into the game...

Does the ability Pickup work? Because depending on what generation it follows, it could be possible to get evolution stones to complete more of the Pokedex at this stage of the game. Edit: I've just confirmed that Pickup does actually work, and now I really need to know what generation it follows.

I feel like PBB had some custom held items tbh. I'll have to double check that, though. Also, does that mean the movesets for everything will match gen 8 next update? Edit: Lookas like it mostly follows OR/AS and uses the most recent game before that if OR/AS doesn't have it. Like Yamask uses B2/W2, but everything else up to that point uses either OR/AS or X/Y. Edit 2: I found a Numel with a Rawst Berry and a Blitzle with a Cheri Berry, both of which are gen 5 held items. Interesting.

I will double check on both the Pickup ability and the held items...

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
Well... for now at least not until Anthian City is out. That update will bring many game changing features.
Wait, so will Anthian allow you to get only one other starter or every other starter?

YEAH... I really didn't know why I wanted to do that... I think it was because I really didn't want to introduce the Lost Islands or else I might have to add z moves into the game...
Gimme a hecking list of all the changed ones dangit. Unless it's just Pikipek, Grubbin, and the for now hidden Yungoos.

I will double check on both the Pickup ability and the held items...
Alright, thanks. If it's gen 7 or 8 for Pickup then it will actually let you get Moon Stones which can be used on the Nidorans.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
I'm not sure how I got here but I can't get off help. Think I might have to reset. RIP my happiness that I was getting on Golbat and Eevee. Edit: Nvm I got off, the tile to the right side of me there isn't solid lol
unknown.png

DarrylBD99

Years

DarrylBD99

Years
118013697-951316232048265-9185253630789151088-n.jpg
I get this error when trying to battle the rival after getting a starter

You can find your answer here, it will properly be fixed.

To fix that, go to graphics, and then find the battlebacks folder, then copy and paste any one of the battlebacks, and name it "Lab"
Also, this game currently goes up to the second gym.

DarrylBD99

Years
Originally Posted by TheMatrixNet [ Original Post ]
To fix that, go to graphics, and then find the battlebacks folder, then copy and paste any one of the battlebacks, and name it "Lab"
Also, this game currently goes up to the second gym.
Nothing changes for me, i'm still getting the error no matter what I do

Did you name of of the copied BattleBacks in the BattleBacks folder to specifically "Lab"?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
I'm getting the same bug with Hoothoot as I did with the Kanto bugs, it's at level 21 and still not evolved. Hopefully it will evolve before reaching level 25.. Edit: It evolved at exactly level 25. Hmm

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
I feel like I remember a changelog mentioning that the electric field in Route 3 was active and worked for Vikavolt, but it didn't evolve and I can't find that message so maybe not. Vikavolt and Nidoqueen/Nidoking (if Pickup allows moon stones) are the last Pokemon I need to complete the Pokedex though.

DarrylBD99

Years
Alright, thanks. If it's gen 7 or 8 for Pickup then it will actually let you get Moon Stones which can be used on the Nidorans.

I just checked and it follows the ORAS Pickup chart, here is the loot table. Basically, the same as Seedonator's Pickup chart.

2020-08-28.png

TBH, I am pretty sure that essentials V17.2 by default contains all content from gen 6 script wise.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Oct 14, 2021
I just checked and it follows the ORAS Pickup chart, here is the loot table. Basically, the same as Seedonator's Pickup chart.
Ah dang it, no Moon Stones for a while then. We'll probably be able to get them normally by the time the level cap goes to that. RIP. Thanks, though. What about the magnetic field on Route 3? Does that actually work?

Back