• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    ah sorry must have misread what people wrote.

i take it the eevee in the tunnel is pretty rare..?

i havent been able to find one and been looking for a good twenty minutes...

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    ah sorry must have misread what people wrote.

i take it the eevee in the tunnel is pretty rare..?

i havent been able to find one and been looking for a good twenty minutes...

Should be about 1 in 15. If not you might not be in the right tunnel.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    What levels do Lickitung, Piloswine, and Togepi evolve?

Lickitung doesn't evolve in this game.
    Piloswine I am not sure about, probally not. Level 58 :)
    Togepi Evolves at level 20, use Shiny stone for Togekiss.

Last edited:

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
  • thunderstone, if you have found a togepi in the rijon naljo connector, you should find eevee, because togepi is much much more rarer. I found eevee in like 7 minutes. It took me a good 20 minutes to find togepi.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    got one this morning and have added espeon and umbreon to my team... :)

gonna start a new save file and trade them over and level them up through the game there, i think it will be quicker and less dull than elite 4ing constantly

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • It's coming...

July 28th

Goodbye Pokemon Red's engine, I'd say it's been swell... but... no.

You MUST have a good team if you want to survive. I advise you all start training during the wait. Don't worry though, there WILL be places to heal inside the dungeon as well as a mart to restock your much needed items.

2md4ap4.png

Once you have caught all the Pokemon, talk to the Koolboyman NPC to receive instructions on how to let me validate you caught them all LEGALLY (meaning I can tell if you've used gameshark or not, so please don't cheat and waste my time.) Once I validate it, I will send you your prize. I can tell if you caught them all regardless of the Pokedex trading glitch. It's not a prize in Pokemon Brown, its something else entirely, but you WILL be happy with it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Once you have caught all the Pokemon, talk to the Koolboyman NPC to receive instructions on how to let me validate you caught them all LEGALLY (meaning I can tell if you've used gameshark or not, so please don't cheat and waste my time.) Once I validate it, I will send you your prize. I can tell if you caught them all regardless of the Pokedex trading glitch. It's not a prize in Pokemon Brown, its something else entirely, but you WILL be happy with it.

You mentioned you didn't need to catch all of the pokemon in the pokedex, but I believe I've caught about 2 pokemon with the gameshark, would you be able to tell which were caught with gameshark and which weren't? Or could those be ignored and I could still get the prize for catching the total number of pokemon even without those two?
    If that made any sense, because I would really hate to lose all my progress in the game and have to start over due to those two illegitly caught pokemon. One I found later on, which was Lickitung, I was searching in the Slowpoke Well when instead he was outside of the Ilex forest on the bike trail.

EDIT: And also I needed to use it for my solo run.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013

Would you just be checking if there's ANY gameshark codes that have been used, or only specific ones that relate to the adding of pokemon into the pokedex? I used 1 to get extra cash to get enough items to battle the Elite Four over and over for training purposes and coins at the game corner.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
  • A week from now. I can't wait. I can start back from where I was when it comes out.

P.S. Is Tangrowth going to have a sprite?

I forgot some questions.
    1. Exactly how many pokemon are there going to be total?
    2. Can you give me one example of one of the pokemon added in?

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Would you just be checking if there's ANY gameshark codes that have been used, or only specific ones that relate to the adding of pokemon into the pokedex? I used 1 to get extra cash to get enough items to battle the Elite Four over and over for training purposes and coins at the game corner.

Well I don't really like cheating, but there's nothing I can do about that. I won't hold it against the person unless the player made a million masterballs or something.

A week from now. I can't wait. I can start back from where I was when it comes out.

P.S. Is Tangrowth going to have a sprite?

I forgot some questions.
    1. Exactly how many pokemon are there going to be total?
    2. Can you give me one example of one of the pokemon added in?

Yeah Tangrowth will have a sprite. I made a mistake of not putting it in before.

1. There will be a few more, not 20 or something. But these are REALLY good Pokemon that I doubt you'll care. Quality over quantity. Plus, you'll finally be able to evolve Porygon2 and Magneton, as well as get the remaining Dusk Stone.
    2. Sorry nope. I'm surprised someone didn't leak that information either. If they did though, I would NOT be happy.

You mentioned you didn't need to catch all of the pokemon in the pokedex, but I believe I've caught about 2 pokemon with the gameshark, would you be able to tell which were caught with gameshark and which weren't? Or could those be ignored and I could still get the prize for catching the total number of pokemon even without those two?
    If that made any sense, because I would really hate to lose all my progress in the game and have to start over due to those two illegitly caught pokemon. One I found later on, which was Lickitung, I was searching in the Slowpoke Well when instead he was outside of the Ilex forest on the bike trail.

EDIT: And also I needed to use it for my solo run.

I can tell if a Pokemon is legit based on the RAM's memory, looking at variables and data nobody else can understand but me. And if you cheated catching two Pokemon, you don't have to start over. Just recatch the Pokemon legally and you'll be fine. If it comes down to the wire where I can't tell if it's legal or not, I'll ask the person questions based on the Pokemon that was caught.

-----------
    I just remembered, TGB-Dual has a netplay feature. I haven't tried this myself, but if it works, you can trade with your friends and complete the Pokedex that way. TGB Dual can run Visual Boy Advance Sav files, so you can use both emulators and trade around the world with Brown and all the other GB/GBC Pokemon RPG's.

Last edited:

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
  • I was looking through my pokedex and found out a couple more questions.
    1. Will heracross be in the final quest?
    2. Will murkrow and misdreavus be in the final quest?
    3. Will there be a second metal coat?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2020
    Cool!! I can't wait ^_^ !!

Here is something off topic but should be interesting: One day I was bored and tested something: seeing if rom hacks can work on a Pokemon Stadium game on an N64 emulator (I tested on Pokemon Stadium 2) I only tried 2 rom hacks (both of them are yours) here were the results:

- Prism Version (Gold hack): Game does not recognize it as a Pokemon Game.
    - Brown Version: Depends on what version you're playing:
    - - Version 1.0: Game sees it as Red version and you can use your Pokemon from the game, but an error will happen when you try to play the GameBoy Tower.
    - - Version 2.0 (this version): Game does not recognize it as a Pokemon Game.

Neat huh?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    Hi coolboyman, I just stumbled upon your hack the other day, and I'm very impressed with it. Started playing it today and its very fun :).

Unfortunatly I've experienced a bug, I was playing away happily with no problems, I reached the city next to the entrance to the bike road with the daycare centre (sorry i cant recall the name). I was just about to save and take a break but decided I may aswell explore the houses in the city a bit first, that was a mistake..

I entered a small house just south west of the poke mart, and talked to the male sprite to the right, where the glitch happened. Lots of dots came up and a random selection of music started to play over each other, I went away for a while to see if it would mabye sort itself out.

But an hour later, its just looping a song ( i think its the bike music) and stuck in conversation.

I did not use any cheats etc. so that wont be the issue, I also tried to re-patch a clean rom incase it was a rom-side error, but no luck there either.

I havent read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been reported before. Just want to make sure your aware of it, I wish I saved more, looks like im going to have to start again from the beginning :( .

I've also taken a screenshot of the glitch in case its of any use, Although i cant post the link as i have under 15 posts, let me know if you need it and ill PM you it or something :). (also have a save state on VBA of the glitch if its of use). Also sorry if this is the wrong place to post bugs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Hi coolboyman, I just stumbled upon your hack the other day, and I'm very impressed with it. Started playing it today and its very fun :).

Unfortunatly I've experienced a bug, I was playing away happily with no problems, I reached the city next to the entrance to the bike road with the daycare centre (sorry i cant recall the name). I was just about to save and take a break but decided I may aswell explore the houses in the city a bit first, that was a mistake..

I entered a small house just south west of the poke mart, and talked to the male sprite to the right, where the glitch happened. Lots of dots came up and a random selection of music started to play over each other, I went away for a while to see if it would mabye sort itself out.

But an hour later, its just looping a song ( i think its the bike music) and stuck in conversation.

I did not use any cheats etc. so that wont be the issue, I also tried to re-patch a clean rom incase it was a rom-side error, but no luck there either.

I havent read the whole thread, so sorry if this has been reported before. Just want to make sure your aware of it, I wish I saved more, looks like im going to have to start again from the beginning :( .

I've also taken a screenshot of the glitch in case its of any use, Although i cant post the link as i have under 15 posts, let me know if you need it and ill PM you it or something :). (also have a save state on VBA of the glitch if its of use). Also sorry if this is the wrong place to post bugs.

Yeah this has been mentioned before, just ignore that house in this version, I think he already said he was going to fix it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back