• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Only place I have ever seen the leaf was on the Forest Guardian Shrine. All I had to do was hit my A button next to it as if I was going to read a sign and I recieved a Gold Leaf.

Also, TMs. Where can I get some good TMs for my team that aren't in the Dep. Store or Game Corner, or is that it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2021
    Only place I have ever seen the leaf was on the Forest Guardian Shrine. All I had to do was hit my A button next to it as if I was going to read a sign and I recieved a Gold Leaf.

Also, TMs. Where can I get some good TMs for my team that aren't in the Dep. Store or Game Corner, or is that it?
    Just find an auto fire button on your emulator and use the turbo in the game corner. You'll gain tons of coins!

Also, I saw a walkthrough of pokemon brown on youtube and it looked like a yellow rom. Can you patch the game to pokemon yellow?

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • Just find an auto fire button on your emulator and use the turbo in the game corner. You'll gain tons of coins!

Also, I saw a walkthrough of pokemon brown on youtube and it looked like a yellow rom. Can you patch the game to pokemon yellow?

No, but Brown has been modified to show colours under the right settings.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • I was hoping you'd like to see the first development stage of this dungeon.

When making an area with multiple rooms, I just don't make it up as I go. I draw it out to make sure what will work or not. I also have notes to place items, trainers, and various special events.

Here's the very first draft of the final dungeon I drew in January 2009. I wouldn't worry about spoilers, at this stage, it's very vague, and some of the things didn't make it to the final version anyway. I replaced and added onto the dungeon.

If you're worried about spoilers, don't click this until you've played through!

http://i32.tinypic.com/2r58ack.jpg

I accidentally stepped on it a few times and it's gotten wrinkled up as you can tell. I've censored out what I can deem as spoilers, or various parts of profanity. At the top, you can notice an TM count list. This is because everytime I put a TM into the game, I check if it's already in the game or not. If it's in the game according to my list, adding that particular TM is optional. If it isn't, I'll most likely add it. I've made sure that you can get all fifty TM's. According to my list after finishing the main game, there were still 11 TM's you couldn't get, so I've decided to put them in here.

I've built on this, and drew a few new layouts, which were more specific (Like which TM's were for each room, actual pathways, etc.) and eventually ended up with what we have now. Also the levels are higher in the final versions, so no it's not that easy. Feel free to compare and contrast this first version with the final version in a few days.

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I hope I can get a Johto poke by then........

Looks good. I wonder how's its gonna look in a few days.

(Catution to others: Spoiler alert.)

E3DaMeX

Wow, you really do put a ton of effort in this game. o.0 Maybe that's why this is my favorite hack ever. =P Keep up the great work.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Your hand writing is about as good as mine! It is good to see that you planned out the final dungeon so it wouldn't be nearly as hard and messy as it would have been without sketching out a blueprint. I can tell you put your heart into finishing this game, it's like you took the greatest hack ever and made it better, oh wait...you did!

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • Cool!! I can't wait ^_^ !!

Here is something off topic but should be interesting: One day I was bored and tested something: seeing if rom hacks can work on a Pokemon Stadium game on an N64 emulator (I tested on Pokemon Stadium 2) I only tried 2 rom hacks (both of them are yours) here were the results:

- Prism Version (Gold hack): Game does not recognize it as a Pokemon Game.
    - Brown Version: Depends on what version you're playing:
    - - Version 1.0: Game sees it as Red version and you can use your Pokemon from the game, but an error will happen when you try to play the GameBoy Tower.
    - - Version 2.0 (this version): Game does not recognize it as a Pokemon Game.

Neat huh?

I think it's to do with the Header. The original Brown had Pokemon Red still as the header, but with brown and prism it's changed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back