• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon Diamond is.. slow?

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    Heya, I started playing Diamond yesterday and noticed that between Pokemon attacks, it like, slows? I mean, there's a short pause between text e.g 'Chimchar used Scratch!' *pause* 'It's not very effective..'

Also, the HP bar is slow as well, when it goes down, as well as up.

This does not happen in Platinum, or Heart Gold & Soul Silver.

Just wondering.

Toa Hyro

master of shadows
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    I actually notice that while playing my sisters pokemon pearl that its really slow compared to my platinum and heartgold.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    To right mate! For me it was my first game so i didnt know what slow was. got platinum and BAM! I thought there was a fast settin i i had just hit it! Platinum is SOOOOO much better! ^-^

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Yea diamond is slow. I got diamond first and I played it almost all the way through. Then I got heartgold and I thought that something was wrong with my diamond game because it's so slow. Glad to know that nothing is wrong with it!

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I know exactly what everyone here means...I gad finished P{latinum and I decided to start a new game on my Pearl, but gave up after a while because the slowness just got to annoying. I figured it wasn't really fun when half the time I spent playing was watching HP bars empty and fill. Reallllly slooooooowly. >__<

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Everything about the games is slow. Platinum was a little faster. Hg/Ss is faster still.

However, due to the 3-d, the whole generation runs slower. And apparently Gen III is faster than I and II too.....

But B/W are going to be faster again!

You get over the slowness though....

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Oh god it was slow. I swear, it would take forever for my blissey's hp bar to go all the way back to full health when I use softboiled xD

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    They all seem slow compared to 3rd gen, IMO.

Never really thought/noticed HG/SS was any faster than D/P. :pink_disbelief:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    You might want to set the Text Speed under option to Fast, it might help that wee bit, but even when I feel my Platinum and HGSS's so slow even on Fast, it doesn't help a lot to me.

Sparky1232

Agile Beast
    Years
    I didn't notice its slowness until I went back and played FireRed. It doesn't bug me a huge amount. Sometimes, though, when I'm fighting a Pokemon with high defense, its HP goes down really, really slowly, and that gets kinda annoying.

Pikadance14

Mudkip Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2010
    I liked the speed of Emerald, especially if animations were off. D/P/PT were slower, but it didn't get annoying. But saving in Platinum is soooo slow! I could go get a drink of water and my game would still be saving.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    I liked the speed of Emerald, especially if animations were off. D/P/PT were slower, but it didn't get annoying. But saving in Platinum is soooo slow! I could go get a drink of water and my game would still be saving.
    yea i agree. the savin speeds tooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooow. on my r4 though, the little clock thing doesnt even go round the circle once and it saves. its so good!

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    this whole slow thing is partly what got me off the pkmn games, so maybe when I try the new ones I will like playing again.
    yea i agree. the savin speeds tooooooooooooooooo slooooooooooow. on my r4 though, the little clock thing doesnt even go round the circle once and it saves. its so good!
    I know what you mean. on my m5 saves go lickety-split, but now I mostly just use that chip as an mp3 player. I use the easy flash chip now, but It's all mostly the same thing.

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
    I thought it was only my mind playing tricks on me. I've played Platinum so much, I noticed a pause before an attack and the speed of surfing was really slow in Diamond.

Back