• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Digital Network

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
  • sorry for double post but:
    Well, I got back from my holiday 2day- (it was awesome) and i have an update for you.
    The first of which is just a slight update- the pokemon names appear when they attack (like in the text)- since before, (cause i was using common events) it just had "enemy attacks..."

Another update is I've done a few more maps. Heres a screen from a town called : Rustywood town.
    screen2rustywoodtown16kq.png

screen2rustywoodtown28nd.png

screen2rustywoodtown34bn.png

And finally. heres the region map, as you can see, I've renamed the map to:
    Shikoku Region
    shikokuregionmap4ys.png

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
  • Neo-Dragon said:
    sorry for double post but:
    Well, I got back from my holiday 2day- (it was awesome) and i have an update for you.
    The first of which is just a slight update- the pokemon names appear when they attack (like in the text)- since before, (cause i was using common events) it just had "enemy attacks..."

Another update is I've done a few more maps. Heres a screen from a town called : Rustywood town.
    screen2rustywoodtown16kq.png

screen2rustywoodtown28nd.png

screen2rustywoodtown34bn.png

And finally. heres the region map, as you can see, I've renamed the map to:
    Shikoku Region
    shikokuregionmap4ys.png

Great Work Neo! *claps*

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • More screens for you. This is showing how you get your first Fusion (Umbreolt) -
    Its events that are happening at Bills house (not the bill from Kanto- although same sprite :P)
    As you can see from the 2nd screen, the Team member aint on the platform right...
    **FIXED**

Heres the screens:
    billshouseevents14pp.png

billshouseevents27ip.png

billshouseevents38vu.png

AbareMax

Your Italian Pok?mon Fan!
    Years
  • Oh my! These screens are nothing short of amazing! I love the event where you get your first fusion! Nice touch. Glad to see that you're back.

AbareMax

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • thanks you 2 :) - i know I always say this but, its a huge help tp get positive feedback on a game I'm working hard on.

I bring you a update of both good, and bad news.
    Good news first. I've finished all of the mapping (and linked them up) of the maps needed for the demo (i've added a few more then I had planed)
    Oh, and I've recoloured the Hiro/Hero sprite.

Bad news:
    Since the CBS is in a Overlay system, it means I have to use common events for the battle events- where as in silk (or the old style CBS of this game for that matter), I could have each battle unique. Well, before I go any futher, I bet you've guessed it... Since i am using common events all the wild pokemon battles will be pretty much the same- meaning they will only do 1, maybe 2 attacks (but at least there HP is different)- but for big battles, I'm working on having each of the pokemon in big battles to have their own common event for their attacks......
    Its kind of a bummer though... And i was thinking of stoping and going back to silk... But i'll stick with it.

Ok, heres just a random screenshot (not sure if I posted this) - its a cave I'm working on...
    cavescreenshot3fr.png

and ofcourse- comments would be help as to keep me motivated.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • The screenshot?
    Awesome, just AWESOME!!!

And for the battles, well, they are so COOL and very GOOD,so, in my opinion, the common events usage would be very much worth it. Try to find possible, easier ways to do battles. But, the current one, is VERY GOOD!

Keep up the Brilliant work!!

Edit:
    OFF TOPIC ->
    300th Post!!! *PARTIES AGAIN*

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey guys. I just wanted to post - since I normally give an account at what I'm doing by now. Well basically, I'm coding up events- to do with Storyline and NPC talk. I've edited lines, Added lines, and taken away lines from the speechs.
    I'm also working alot on the CBS.... I'm still having some problems...

Heres a screenshot just showing some text I've added in, as I am adding some ideas.
    itemsaredigital9xi.png

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
  • Cool!!! Items are digital now, eh?
    How about pokeballs, do they still exist in Digital Network?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • lol, yeah, it looks kinda odd, but i hated the small size of the text bouble... So i did strech it.

By the way, I need your opinion on this battle background window (never mind the battle thats happening)
    Should I keep it?

testbattlescreenlook3kd.png

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
    Years
  • Hmm, that screeny looks weerd shomehow. it has 2 different eye-views, main is from above and the backgrounds is from below. Oh well, nice job. Just one thing. It would be cool if you hade the "hero"-Pokemons Hp also in numbers, like 19/20 or something.

keep up the good work

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I'm going to stick with it. Thats what wild battles look like.

To funnybunny: I am doing that for Pokemon Silk (my other game)- I'm going to put it in when I get back working on it. - but I'm working on Digital N. now, and I'mjust going to leave it with just a HP bar for now.

Oh and slight update. The pokemon names now appear in battles :) yay..

comments please..
    whatthecbslookslike4hi.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    Its looks great!
    I'd love your game , awesome!

Thanks Matt;)

Back