• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Eruption

What Pokemon should the Girl (Player) have?

• Magby

Votes: 54 23.5%
  • Ponyta

Votes: 104 45.2%
  • Growlithe

Votes: 56 24.3%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 16 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Well if its the pre-alpha then thats supposed to happen.
    if its Beta then make sure the rom is clean.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    this looks like fun i really hope you finish it im gonna try it out tonight!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • When in the fire cave, the rockets are invisible...is this suppose to happen?

No. It is not suppose to happen. It's a glitch since I occured this as well.
    There are some glitches I found in the game.
    1.The Team Rocket Bully event is still happening after I rescued the little boy.
    2. After I beat Gary, he said some text then It saids"Silver put the Master Ball in the ball poket.
    3. Not really a glitch, but it's kinda weird. The battle music against the leader Kronka is the normal trainer battle music.(It should be Gym Leader Battle music, right?)
    4.Not really a glitch, but it's kinda weird. Kronka's OW sprite and battle is not changed yet.
    That's all the glitches I found so far.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    i patched the beta to a clean leaf green rom, and tried loading it, as soon as it gets past the short battle intro scene, the screen goes black and broken music plays, ummmm. help please?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • i patched the beta to a clean leaf green rom, and tried loading it, as soon as it gets past the short battle intro scene, the screen goes black and broken music plays, ummmm. help please?
    I can't post any links to Romsites but, Yo should try the leafgreen Rom with the
    1637 Pokemon Leafgreen (U) (Inependent) or something like that...
    No. It is not suppose to happen. It's a glitch since I occured this as well.
    There are some glitches I found in the game.
    1.The Team Rocket Bully event is still happening after I rescued the little boy.
    2. After I beat Gary, he said some text then It saids"Silver put the Master Ball in the ball poket.
    3. Not really a glitch, but it's kinda weird. The battle music against the leader Kronka is the normal trainer battle music.(It should be Gym Leader Battle music, right?)
    4.Not really a glitch, but it's kinda weird. Kronka's OW sprite and battle is not changed yet.
    That's all the glitches I found so far.

I'll fix those tommorow, and Its Koron not Kronka.

I thought I changed his sprite, oh well, I'll re-change it again in the Bug Fix Patch.

this looks like fun i really hope you finish it im gonna try it out tonight!
    I hope I do finish it...

When in the fire cave, the rockets are invisible...is this suppose to happen?
    Not really, Its happend before to me, and all I did was remove the numbers from the people ID, but then the don't really dissapear...
    So cooley am i in?
    I like this game and i want to help it so can i be a mapper?
    I want to see this through to the end.

Can you post the maps here, because I can't see them in the Srapbox.

Suggestion: Should I change to FireRed? Because Leafgreen Is too glitchy as you can see, and when I try to fix some Others come up (Titlesreen for example)

Also I want to change some things in UNLZ-GBA, but I can't find them in Leafgreen, So Should I change to FireRed? I know I would like to...

EVENT POSSIBILITY: Maybe you will see Team Rocket in the forest and they are trying to open up the cave that needs a Special Key (not a real key) to open, but you were given the key from Prof. Oak because he found it somewhere, so you battle the rockets (double battle) and they realize they are no match for you, and steal your key and Run inside the cave leaving you with nothing (the door is still open though), Luckily Entei passes by and opens the cave for youThen you go inside find them trying to capture a Rare Pokemon (not too Rare), then you battle them again, then you have an oppurtunity to Heal and then capture that Rare Pokemon.

So what do you think?

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • ^ I think you should switch to fire red but wouldn't that mean you have to start over?

I think that idea is good, any hints on what the rare pokemon is?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • For the rare pokemon thing, Don't know yet...

And for the Firered thing, I won't have to do much other then recompile scripts and insert some tiles and palettes and the Titlescreen. I saved mostly everything I did in Leafgreen, and It is compatible in FireRed too.

New Download links:

Rapidshare

Megaupload

I'll try to get send space...

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • A lot of people in that first town do that to my hero. It stinks because then I have to start all over!

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
  • Woman in Walenton Town does it too. Also, the hero's head goes a little bit under the mountain tiles and after a battle with LASS BRITNEY it says Silver: I'm too pretty for you.
    The guy in Walenton Town does as well. How do I get out of Europa Town? The rockets are still in the game corner. I beat the one upstairs. It kept the text box and music while allowing me to move after beating your rival a second time.

Last edited:

dude120

Rom hacker in training
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2009
    Slugma and Ponyta are good choices, since everyones Voting for it.

Hey, how about Cyndaquil?

So far:
    Ponyta
    Slugma
    Cyndaquil
    Houndour
    Growlithe
    Chimchar
    Charmander

@dude120: Yes It should work on Gpsp or Unofficial Gpsp because I've tried it only on the Unofficial v8 one.

It may just be my ROM, but Ill try your new beta and see if that works.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2008
    Suggestion: Should I change to FireRed? Because Leafgreen Is too glitchy as you can see, and when I try to fix some Others come up (Titlesreen for example)

YES! =D fire red is much more common for hacks anyway, i guess this is the reason =P

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
    Years
  • Hey Guys... cooley is back tommorow, and he has transferred to firered, and its bugless.

...and there are some forums coming soon too...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Hey Guys... cooley is back tommorow, and he has transferred to firered, and its bugless.
    Awesome.
    So cooley do i have the job?
    how far are you w/ the glitch fixing?
    and at least the glitches will be gone even though lg is what makes it unique in its own way.
    Alright GL cooley and see ya later!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Awesome.
    So cooley do i have the job?
    how far are you w/ the glitch fixing?
    and at least the glitches will be gone even though lg is what makes it unique in its own way.
    Alright GL cooley and see ya later!
    If you can post the maps here in this thread, and I like then yes, you're in and i'll make a "Team" banner(For the thread)

*UPDATE

Pokemon Eruption
    - New Entei overworld

Thanks to Nintendo, for making Mystery Dungeon, because I ripped it from the game.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    If you can post the maps here in this thread, and I like then yes, you're in and i'll make a "Team" banner(For the thread)

*UPDATE

Pokemon Eruption
    - New Entei overworld

Thanks to Nintendo, for making Mystery Dungeon, because I ripped it from the game.

Amazing Cooley ;P

This is one of the hack's that I want to play the most

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back