• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 815 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 19, 2015
I only had to watch the demo to fall in love. I have been a Pokemon fan all my life. Pokemon started to bore me, it felt like all the nostalgia was being taken away with these new things coming out almost all the time. When I watched this demo, saw the cute Pokemon, awesome graphics and heard the AMAZING music I fell in love with the world of Pokemon once again. This time though, it's the world of fan-made Pokemon. Great job on the game! I love it!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 31, 2022
Alright, I've been playing Ethereal Gates for some time now, and I figured it was high time I actually made an account here and said something about it. Except when I tried to do so, it said my username was taken, which annoyed me, but I switched to a different one anyway. And then it told me that the email I gave was already in use, which clued me in to the fact that I was in fact already registered here. Oops. Well, anyway, now that that's all sorted out, on to what I think of this game; it is awesome. :) Great graphics, amazing Pokémon, and that box-breaking puzzle in the lighthouse was, IMO, a stroke of genius. I already have a team of six Pokémon (Volpant, Barilbil, Abdoscus, Polbee, Magnut, and Barcush), and I haven't even gotten to the second Gym Leader yet! Oh, and bringing back the Call feature from Colo/XD, that was nothing short of brilliant. Just a few minor issues;

1: THE LAAAAAAAG. I mean, I know it's been mentioned here, but IMO, it bears repeating.

2: I noticed that Maggona's base HP is absurdly low. I think it actually has lower HP than Setik. I mean, maybe it's just me, but in the first Gym, I was healing up Fernling, Barilbil, and Polbee with Super Potions and Fresh Waters and Soda Pops, while all I needed were basic Potions for Maggona.

3: When selecting a move to delete in favor of a new one, the cursor's position is way off.

4: Attack animations like Leech Life, Acid, and Bubble Beam seem to appear on the wrong part of the screen- it looks like the Bubble Beam is coming from some point above Barcush instead of directly from Barcush, y'know?

5: Sometimes the text for item descriptions shrinks down to a ridiculously small size.

6: The Pokédex- a lot of the entries are cut off, the species is replaced with question marks when the entry is shown for something you just caught, and it lists Jinkai as a pure Ghost-type.

7: Dunno if this one was intentional or not, but the mechanic on Route 4 won't heal your Pokémon anymore once you deliver the Machine Part. I mean, it's not a big deal, it just kinda threw a wrench in my initial plans for grinding for the second Gym (bad pun fully intended :P).

But I want to be clear about this- those minor issues are just that- minor. Overall, I love this game, I think it's great, and I'm looking forward to future updates! :)

EDIT: Just made it to the end of the demo (with my Polbee evolving into Allerglen along the way). Maybe it was all the grinding I did, maybe Magnut is just that good, but either way, Beckett wasn't too hard to beat.

Last edited:

vzk

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
I love the game, graphicaly insane and nice interfaces design.
Keep it up, i'm at starting zone, let's hope the game will have a strong storyline as good as the graphics.

P.S: 1 month after the announce on twitter and still not Screen Resolution in the options yet ? :/
I changed my resolution manually via the scripts but it's a big issue for other people.

Last edited:

Huseyin

Not positive, not negative
Years
I came across a bug that When I beat august at the 1st battle the game saved by itself and the script was hanging. I restarted the battle and i had to battle him again with my low health level 6 kittorch.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
The game looks hot af, and Id like to give a better feedback after I play the Demo. But what I can say right now which is a crucial point for every graphic dude like yourself is the OW's.
The Professor for example looks as tall as the kids. How old are they? around 10 to 16 or even 18 from the art. Its a little nitpick I know but its a thing for me. The OWs of older people should always be taller then the kids.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Just started playing a bit of this last night. I'll echo what I said on Twitter here; this demo is a sublime piece of work to go through. From the music, to the artwork to the presentation; I can really feel the love and effort put into this game. Even if it's at 20% so far, this game will go far and turn out to be proof of your team made a great product. Even the mouse implementation, if a bit wonky sometimes as you've already stated, is a wonderful and convenient addition.

As far as bugs and oddities go, I haven't notices anything too major, I think except when you catch new Pokemon and their dex entries screen appears the text lines seem to be moved one line under than what they should. I didn't have the chance to take a proper screenshot for proof, but I do remember seeing that oddity when I caught Polbee and Eearr.

Oh, and I'm just going up against the Masked Stranger character, and their Opaby isn't animated at all hahaha. Which actually bring me to a point about the Fakemon themselves:

Their designs are so damn spot-on to the real ones; from what I've seen so far clearly been though out in regards to their concepts and sprite work. Shows there's a real good creativity at work in designing these creatures.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
Hey, awesome game! I just finished the demo after like 22 hours of grinding (glad to hear that's getting fixed...) I commented on youtube but I figured now i finally made an account I'll do it here too/

In the auklet library, I can go through the wall on the southwest of the 2nd floor, the first time I did it I wound up in the room on the first floor bottom left, but havent figured out how to do it again since. I wasnt able to go back through the one time I did it though.

the first gym took 3 tries to beat, with 1 lv 16 and 2 pokemon that were about level 13. Another piece of advice is that maybe instead of blocking off all of route 3 with the rocks, maybe just block off part of it. Most of the Pokemon I wanted were accessible on that route so I only had 3 so far and it would provide better training for the gym leader as well.

By luck I narrowly beat the 2nd gym leader on my very first try with a level 19 starter (fire/electric) and lv 17 water/flying bird, who ended up not doing as much as I thought. The gym leader knocked them both out with his Mosachuset and ko'd my Earr (lv 18) even though it had brick break, I narrowly beat it with my Magonna. Then his final pokemon ko'd my Magonna (lv18) and Jinkai (lv16 ) I got lucky though and he didn't use any potions on his final pokemon. I used my Mosachet's new rock blast move and rollout until I ran out of pp due to him depleting my accuracy. then finished it off narrowly with his absorb attack.

Oh and a question since this is my fist emulator/rom/type pokemon game. Are you going to be releasing multiple version later on or have multiple save files so I can have one file for each starter? Or how does that work? I'd like to try the others out but I don't wanna lose my first team.... this is as addictive as a real pokemon game. and the designs are better than most of the pokemon we've had since gen 3 in my opinion. The possum is the ugliest pokemon I've seen but it's design is awesome, and possums are supposed to be ugly. I do prefer the look of /vp/'s grass/flying starter but your's is still ok looking at least.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 6, 2016
Greninja got nerfed. Poor thing... Just because it's the best Gen 6 starter (competitively) it doesn't deserve what you've done.

Years
Looks cool .I wanna try But I can't download as mega site is banned in my country.. Is there any other link to download?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
This is a bug report for 1.1. There are no move animations. Even when it is selected on in the options they remain off.

Years
Demo version 1.1 is great. I'm satisfied that I get to evolve Hunber. Lol I already completed the demo so now I'm just waiting for a update for progressing through the story.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
https://twitter.com/EtherealGates/status/651097485037989888
Seems that v1.1.1 is up.
CQkuqh8UsAA1qGv.png

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
Yeah....about one of those bugs...

So I mangaed to catch Jinkei and save the little girl...but the scene afterwards locks up here:

b4Hdqs1.png

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
That was an error with v1.1! We caught it extremely quickly and updated accordingly.

Best advice in this scenario is to update to 1.1.1! The correct link is on the first post of the thread!

Back