• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 815 40.4%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Will it be possible to import custom sprites in the final game?

Not entirely sure what you mean...if you want to make your own sprites and have them in the game, I don't think that will be possible, no.

Just making sure, I have to pay 50 bucks to get RPG maker to play this, correct?

OH GOD NO. OH MY GOD THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE!
No, RMXP costs a bunch of money, but that is only a fee you have to pay if you want to MAKE fangames. This will be entirely free to download and play--no purchase necessary at all!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Beautiful game you're making here! By the way, where does the name 'Haibril' originate from? Just curious.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
I wonder if there is a site/blog or anywhere which I could follow the progression of this great work?

ZaoMonichi

Armored Dino
Years
Any way I can help/apply to? I actually do spritework/pixelart, and this project looks very interesting.

Last edited:

JBro63.9

JBro63.9
Years
What program do you guys use to create the music? I'm making a project myself and would like to see what I can do with a program like the one you guys are using :P

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 3, 2024
Oh I can't wait for these project to be finish so I can start playing it. It looks amazing and the storyline sounds great. I also love the designs of the fakemon shown.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 17, 2015
I cannot wait for a mobile emulator version if you will make one cause i cannot play .exe emulators on my chromebook ;-;

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2021
Just got linked here, it sounds pretty great! Just curious, did you release teasers of the starters' evolutions yet? :)

PerihelionProductions

Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Hello!

Welcome to the Pokémon Ethereal Gates demo. On behalf of Perihelion Productions (our team) as a whole, I hope you have a wonderful time playing through our game. We had a blast making it, and we hope you have a fun time playing it.

Naturally, because this game is, at the moment a demo, only about 20% of the game is done, and in saying that, the engine is not completely at 100% running capacity. We did our best to get it into running shape as good as we can, but there will be a bunch of bugs. In addition, a few of the animations are not finished, so look forwards to those.

I'll save you some time by listing the known ones out here:

- Pokemon doubles in size for a split second upon entering battle
- In bag and for items in general, é character doesn't work, so 'e' is used instead
- Sometimes in the bag screen [and possibly other menus] the text becomes impossibly small.
- "Whiting Out" at a gym leader doesn't trigger a black screen
- A bunch of animations are not yet in--LOOK FORWARD TO IT!

We'd also like to mention that most of our menus have mouse functionality, but some of them don't. If you try to use your mouse
on a certain menu and the mouse isn't doing anything, odds are that menu lacks the mouse functionality. Should be easy to figure out.

There isn't too much else to say, the controls are as follows:
C - the general A button
X - the general B button but also opens the menu
Z - eventually is used for running once you have running shoes
K - to use a registered key item if you choose to register one.
Arrow Keys - Should be self explanatory
Mouse - used to interact with some of the menus.

Have fun, and if you have any questions, ask us on any one of our social media sites:
http://twitter.com/EtherealGates
http://reddit.com/r/EtherealGates
http://facebook.com/EtherealGates
http://PokemonEtherealGates.tumblr.com

Enjoy!
- Perihelion Productions

[PLEASE install the fonts by right clicking on em in the fonts folder and clicking install]
Download link below.
http://goo.gl/aofX2k

Ilse

I can't think of anything.
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
A quick heads up for those wanting to play the game on a Mac, if you are able to play the game with wine and such, before you start, I recommend going through the audio files and deleting everything that ends with ".mid" If you don't, the game will crash when you try to heal your pokemon.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 1, 2019
Quick question, is Kittorch more of a physical or special attacker? v.v I keep resetting for a neutral nature since I'm not sure.. but I just keep getting lowering attack or special attack natures xD

Back