• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2015
    I just got my First Shiny ever :pink_love: , Then i had an idea to do Shiny Hunting for this game ^^

Here is my #1 :

Spoiler:

Nice! :O Congratulations! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2015
    Okay, so i tried the demo, and i have a few things i think should be worked on. Number One, the music. there should be some way to shut it off. it's kinda bad. well not kinda, it is bad. the only music i kinda liked was at the title screen. Number two, lag. Now i am sure this will be worked on as the game is developed, but still work on it, and fast. Number three, i hope this game comes out on other platforms, mac, linux, etc. I'm sure many people would agree with me in that sense. Number four, the gui. it's not very good. when i open the menu, it's a struggle to get to where i want to go.(i know you can use mouse, but come on, that's kinda leim) when i am in a battle, the guy is also bad. i don't know why i think this, but it feels, wrong. Number five, the design of Pokemon. Some are plain, some are unappealing, and some are just ugly. some of the designs definitely need some work. Im not gonna complain about the names because, well it's hard to think of them so, there fine. number six, characters. when you see there you know, full pictures(you get what i mean)there ugly, like they make me wanna puke ugly. when i first saw the professor, i nearly shit my pants. seriously that guy is UGLY. Now hear me out. I'm not trying to shit on your game, I'm just saying what could be improved. Before the hate rolls in, i do like this game, like a lot. it's a good fan-made game. There's just a few things i disliked. You don't even have to listen to me. In the end, it's your game not mine, who gives a crap what i say? i just gave it my review and what i liked to see changed, thats all. so don't take this to heart, this game is great, but there are a few flaws. well, that's the end of my rant, that took me, like i dunno, an hour to write maybe? sorry, if i wasted your time, considering your probably working on the game as we speak. Ps. i am sorry for my excessive use of commas, and other grammar mistakes i may have made.( i rushed this)

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    A quick heads up for those wanting to play the game on a Mac, if you are able to play the game with wine and such, before you start, I recommend going through the audio files and deleting everything that ends with ".mid" If you don't, the game will crash when you try to heal your pokemon.

Thank u soo much broooo

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    i cant find the download link
    like the font download i click on it but then nothing happens

im having the same issue

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Ok now I'm disappointed, I downloaded all the files for this game and it still won't open. Please help

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    How do I adjust the screen size ? Its impossible to play with that game screen size

THIS, CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS?

Its been posted 4 other times just to be ignored, i would like to know if its meant to be played with a mere fraction of my screen size or if theres some way to maximize the screen resolution like the youtubers.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    First feedback: Window too small, sound much too loud (Had to bring its sound level down to below half what i use for anything else), and many battle animations are floating above the battle instead.

Loving the Fakemon designs and the music (Especially overworld)

One question i have: What is the Shiny rate? I got a Shiny Bambouse on route 2 and I'm definitely not the only one to have gotten one already.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2019
    For everyone who has been mentioning screen size, they will add an option to make it larger in a future release.

From their twitter: Screen size options will also be added sometime in the future, based on popular demand.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I'm LOVING this demo! OMG the Fakemon are so great and the sprites too! The music is just beautiful and I love the fact that you can use the mouse in some menus! *-*
    I would like to say more things about the game, but I'm in a hurry right now!
    Great Job guys! I totally love your work!

RandomSpinda

You Spinda Right Round...
    Years
  • One question i have: What is the Shiny rate? I got a Shiny Bambouse on route 2 and I'm definitely not the only one to have gotten one already.

afaik the devs said on their tumblr that they set the rate to 1:1024.

Also, to all the ppl complaining about the screen size: The best fix for that seems to get Open Broadcaster Software and just previewing the game with OBS on fullscreen. It makes the screen display way bigger. However, I am certain that at least in the finished game there'll be a way to choose the screen size.

Years
  • Is there any way of getting more than one starter? I really wanna try them all but I don't want to delete my save and replay everything. I'm only on Route 4 right now.

RandomSpinda

You Spinda Right Round...
    Years
  • How do I make the screen bigger??? It's really small :P

Also, to all the ppl complaining about the screen size: The best fix for that seems to get Open Broadcaster Software and just previewing the game with OBS on fullscreen. It makes the screen display way bigger. However, I am certain that at least in the finished game there'll be a way to choose the screen size.

people don't even look at the post nearly right above theirs, smh

Back