• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Amazing hack, loved every part of it. I was wondering if psyduck and golduck could be made water/psychic dual type.

Also I noticed a bug with the pokemon contest: it says congratulations and the message is stuck on screen.

Years
  • Amazing hack, loved every part of it. I was wondering if psyduck and golduck could be made water/psychic dual type.

Also I noticed a bug with the pokemon contest: it says congratulations and the message is stuck on screen.

No idea what's causing the bug with the contests...having never entered them myself...
    Psyduck appears to have been unchanged in regards to its typing...but Golduck is confirmed to be Water/Psychic...according to the hack documents...

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Just to be sure, this IS playable on VBA, right? Because I only got it to run (and it kept crashing) on NO$GBA; VBA whitescreened every time...

Did you patch the file to the correct ROM base? I find it helpful to have multiple on hand when it comes to patching.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    This was enjoyable. Defeated the league in 40:19 (in fast forward mode). I was surprised though because I only used 3 Pokemon to beat the Pokemon league.... In my first try

Level 83 Jolteon
    Thunder
    Thunderbolt
    Bite
    Shock wave

Level 77 Typhlosion
    Flamethrower
    Fire punch
    Brick break
    Swift

Level 76 Swampert
    Ice beam
    Surf
    Hydro pump
    Earthquake.

My only question is what house is the unofficially elite four rematch in at the battle frontier I could not find the house after searching lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2015
    Blissey is so unbelievably lame in this game. Give him a Modest or Bold nature, max out Defense and Spec. Attack EVs, make sure it has Serene Grace as an ability, give it Body Slam/Dizzy Punch, Softboiled, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt, and you got yourself one absolute god of a Pokemon...With Serene Grace Body Slam 60% stun chance, Dizzy Punch 40% confusion chance, Ice Beam 20% freeze chance, Thunderbolt 20% stun chance....and Softboiled. Unbalanced as hell...

My Blissey at Level 50
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Att)
    EV: 252 Def, 252, SpA, 4 SpD
    Attacks: Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Dizzy Punch, Softboiled
    Hp: 321
    Attack: 63
    Defense: 106
    Spec. Attack: 102
    Spec. Defense: 129
    Speed: 51

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    hi i just downloaded expert emerald.
    i want to get some pokemon early in the game, (at least before i have 3 badges), they are :
    Charmander
    Totodile
    Aerodactyl

if these guys are not obtainable by then would gameshark codes for the base emerald work here? i don't know about you guys but i hate having to wait till 60% of the game is done before i get my full teams, and having to catch-up leveling from level 5 when the rest of my team is lvl 45.

-------

also could i trade from expert emerald to my fire red version? i could just hatch a charmander egg from there and my aerodactyl is ready to trade too.

i found you cannot trade from here to FRed. i thought the national dex fixes that?

this mod is broken. Norman's team stated to be lvl 48 yet their stats are closer to level 60. i know this because i traded groudon and kyogre from a different emerald save and kyogre just got crushed by normans' team.

https://youtu.be/UZ8HRn0scVI

to bulldoze the champion on first challenge match.

and also

https://youtu.be/8sMlChGbJdI

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Beta 1.5 has been released to address some of the few issues in game.

• Moltres is no longer missing from Ever Grande City
    • In-game trades have been fixed accordingly
    • Several teams have been altered to fit in with the level curve; particularly Norman
    • Decapitalization has been added to the game
    • Infinate TMs are now available and work as they do in Generation V
    • More stat changes have been made to balance out some disadvantages
    As usual any problems that come up can be reported in this thread.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Beta 1.5 has been released to address some of the few issues in game.

• Moltres is no longer missing from Ever Grande City
    • In-game trades have been fixed accordingly
    • Several teams have been altered to fit in with the level curve; particularly Norman
    • Decapitalization has been added to the game
    • Infinate TMs are now available and work as they do in Generation V
    • More stat changes have been made to balance out some disadvantages
    As usual any problems that come up can be reported in this thread.

Really glad to see you getting back to ROM hacking. Keep it up and this is probably one of my favorite Emerald difficulty hacks!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2015
    I'm getting an error message while trying to download for windows phone. When I go to the Vba it says "Error object reference not set to an instance of an object" Does anyone know what's going wrong?

Zetsubou Johnny

He once drank an entire bottle of windex
    Years
  • Wow look at this game now. I remember when this project first started and now look at it. You've done great work Blue. I'm downloading it now, can't wait to see how far it's come.

Back