• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayselipera

Welcome to the Pokemon General Daily Chit-Chat! Where we talk about Pokemon ~generally~

Before you all start chatting away there are a few rules we all have to go by.
    1. All of Pokecommunity's basic rules apply here as they do throughout the forum. To review these rules look here.
    2. Any discussion about the Anime, Manga, ROM Hacking, Trading Card Game, or Roleplay belong in their respected forums.
    3. Any discussion primarily about the games goes under one of the suitable categories in General Pokemon Gaming Discussions.
    4. All discussion should be about Pokemon. If you want to talk about something that doesn't involve Pokemon then Other Chat's Daily Chit-Chat is the place for you.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM either Serene Grace or myself (Ayselipera).

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Lets start this discussion off, shall we? What do you guys think of all the new Pokémon introduced in generation five? Love 'em or hate 'em?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I like a majority of designs I like. There is probably a handful I am not satified with mainly do too the concept of what they are.

Yabukuron & Dasutodasu - I don't know if I can ever get past the fact that these are trash bags. I mean really trash bags, and now I know why people say they are running out of ideas. I just don't want to go around with Pokemon Trash Bags myself...

Klink Family - There does not seem to be much progression from the starting stage to the final. Overall just too bland of a line for me.

Furiijo - Eh, I don't know what it is about this. I just don't care for it atm. Its a snowflake not a bad design, but not great either. Intially I was baffled at to what this thing was.

Maggyo - What is this I don't even. As many people call this thing Derpfish, I can see why. Seems like a forgettable pokemon that won't go any were. It seems like a fish that got flattened with roller.

Kami Trio - I like this about the Pixie trio, but there doesn't seem to be too much different about these. Its not that I don't like them its just the impression I got of them right now is they seem too similar.

Out of everything else I can honestly say I really like or have no problem with.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    Klink Family - There does not seem to be much progression from the starting stage to the final. Overall just too bland of a line for me.
    You must Hate Dugtrio and Magneton for being "Bland".
    I Like most of the new pokemon, but some of them are kinda bland or ugly, like the Fighter duo. Just don't really stand out.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    You must Hate Dugtrio and Magneton for being "Bland".
    I Like most of the new pokemon, but some of them are kinda bland or ugly, like the Fighter duo. Just don't really stand out.
    Being part of the original 151 Pokémon, I've always been under the impression that Pokémon like Dugtrio (even though I find Dugtrio to be the most mysterious Pokémon of all, due to what all the speculation is behind those three heads) and Magneton, though simple, were incapable of being labeled as "bland" after new generations started being introduced just because they are part of the originals, so they therefore earn a status of being above any new Pokémon that are introduced. It's like remaking a movie, or adding a sequel to a classic that's been around for years. You just can't compare it with the original because the original is always going to be superior. I'm still under that impression.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yes actually I do, same with Voltorb and Electrode. Then the transition from Koffing to Weezing where it just added another head. I agree the fighting duo does like mah. Like they are Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street.

Ayselipera

One of my new favorites is Sigilyph. It reminds me of a cross between Claydol and Xatu personally. I'm not sure why I like it so much. I think it might have a bit to do with the fact that I find Latin American history really interesting and since Sigilyph is based upon the Nazca lines which are apart of Latin American History I've been hooked.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes this little guy though. D: No one else expresses any love for it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I too like Shinbora as well. I love the color pattern, it is like living pottery with a sense of a other worldness being(don't know if that is the right word for it). I hope they draw from Latin American and Native America cultures, like this did with this pokemon. Pokemon like this are great example of complexity of the new pokemons design imo.

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
    I was disappointed when I looked at all the new pkmn and they were all original because I like all the old ones and was hoping for some evolutions from pkmn that lack like dunsparce. When they introduced the gen 5 starters I was thinking I'd pick the fire one, but when I saw their evolutions it became obvious to pick water. Daikenki is siiick

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Daikenki is a Samurai over course he is sick. I know people were miffed that there was no evolutions. But then again there was also people at the same time complain there were too many or there should not be any at all. Pokemon co. can't seem to please everyone. I was a bit disappointed when it was announced though, since Alomomola shouts Luvdisc evolution.

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
    Yeah, a lot of the new pkmn look like just altered forms of the originals but maybe that's what they were going for with the whole new region. Like there might be caterpillars in a lot of countries but one might have a totally different species than another so the fact that they have similarities doesn't bug me too much.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I agree, some people see that and say they are direct cast offs of previous pokemon. I see it as either a variation or a completely different entity. Sure there are Pikachu knock offs so to speak like Pluse & Minun, Pachirisu, and Emonga. The thing is they all share similarities like Electric, but they are also different in species.

AustInsane

Breeder
    Years
    werd. All these new pkmn tho it's gonna take a while for me to get used to some of them. I'm an originals guy but I was surprised how much I've actually enjoyed pkmn BW.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Most of the pokemon I love, but some of them do not appeal to me. The Dokkora family; ehh I have no idea what the creators were aiming for. It just doesnt...speak to me.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes this little guy though. D: No one else expresses any love for it.

Shinpora lost my love a long time ago. I fear it more than I hate it. It looks like its going to pop out of my screen and chew my face off ;~;

What about the Tesshiido family?

I absolutely love them :D

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I really like the new Pokémon. Especially Reuniclus, for some reason. For me, it's like Reuniclus represents the direction to Pokémon's promising future.
    I support your appreciation for the savior to the Pokémon franchise.

Ayselipera

I absolutely love them :D

This was the one new grass type family that took me the longest time to warm up to, but now I love them and I'm really looking forward to using them. I think my main problem was that Ferroseed resembled a Pineco rip off and I couldn't get over that till recently.

Although my favorite new grass type so far is Maractus.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think the only Pokemon I really dislike in generation V are...okay, it's just like...Crimgan. Seriously, it's just...something about it. :( Shouldn't exist. Can't even be bothered to go get its sprite, Crimgan might eat me.

My favorites are obviously Seed bby (Churine/Petilil), Mijumaru, Victini, Riguree, and Dokkora. :3 Um I should start learning these English names, right?

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    My favorite grass Pokémon is still Snivy, though I still like to refer to it as Smugleaf. Not many of the Gen 5 Pokémon have appealed to me too much, though Doredia is a close second.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
    I'm starting to get use to the new Pokemon in generation 5. So far my favorite Pokemon in Generation 5 would have to be Wargle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back