• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 9 - Favourite and Least favourite Gen I pokemon?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Pokemon General Poll # 9 - Favourite and Least favourite Gen I pokemon?

Pretty simple poll this time:

What is your favourite pokemon from Generation One and why?
    What is your least favourite and why?

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pokemon General Poll # 9 - Favourite and Least favourite Gen I pokemon?

Gengar is one of my favorite pokemon since the start of Pokemon so of course it will be my favorite of this generation. I have loved Gengar since at least the episode in Lavendar town and I thought it was awesome since it was a Ghost. Gengar always looked super badass to me as well, I just love it <3.

These just seem boring and bland. Like the Klink line there isn't much difference in the Magnemite line and Voltorb line. I just didn't care for either of them period.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My favourite is Raichu or Vaporeon. When I was a kid and gen 1 was all we had, my favourite kept flip-flopping between those two. :3 Nowadays, I might like Vaporeon a bit more if only because it's one of the few water types that I really like, as opposed to electric where there are only a few I dislike.

My least favourite? Maybe Mr. Mime. I didn't like it as a kid and it never did grow on me. But I don't think there are any in gen 1 I seriously hate.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I can't remember which one was my favorite First generation Pokemon. I think it was Arcanine. Arcanine is such a beautiful Pokemon and was one of my favorite fire types back then. As for the least I think I didn't like Nidoking or Nidoqueen. I don't know why maybe because of the design that I didn't like about them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I'm a huge fan of the Eevee line. While most Pokemon had very basic evolutionary lines, no branched evolutions, no highly specific evolutions (see: karrablast/shelmet), Eevee was the pioneer. It had a form for everyone, since it didn't occur to most people that the evolutions would expand even further later. It can be used in so many different situations, and it's one of the cutest Pokemon without going over-the-top with cuteness so it's sickening like Jigglypuff.

As for least favorite...

I always just thought this Pokemon was useless. It looked weird, it wasn't that powerful. I mean it has high Special Defense but I'm not a wall type of girl. Its voice in the anime made me wince and it was only available through in-game trades, and I don't like trading Pokemon. So this is one of the worst in its Generation imo.

Years
  • For me, my favorite would have to be Gyarados. I just like the fact that it evolves from a weak little carp to a ferocious sea dragon, proving its awesomeness to those that deemed it unworthy at first. I don't have a hated pokemon, but Tangela just didn't grow on me. There wasn't anything that made it stand out in my opinion.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    My favorite first gen Pokemon is Mewtwo, with Gengar as a close second. They both appeal to me greatly in their designs, and both have some great power behind them. What really pushed Mewtwo to that number one spot was its backstory really, along with it getting that star role in the first movie. As for Gengar, I've just really come to love that big purple pedo-smile of a ball. It's flavor texts are always awesome too.

Least favorite would have to be Mr. Mime. The design of that thing is just so appalling, I can't stand it. It's got absolutely nothing that can redeem it in my eyes.

Years
  • As a kid, I thought Dragonite was pretty badass, and I still think it is, so I'll have to go with that as my most favourite. But to pick among all the Pokémon from Generation 1 is pretty difficult-they are the originals after all.

As of now, my least favourite has to be Zubat because its design and stuff wasn't very appealing to me.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • FAVORITE:

I've always loved Eevee and the Eeveelutions ;o; They're so adorable, and most the evos. are really powerful (or, in Umbreon's case, tanks).

LEAST FAVORITE:

I have never liked Electabuzz or Magmar, and I never will (though I will use Magmar for egg hatching purposes). Don't really like their evolutionary lines either.

Years
  • My favorite Gen I Pokemon has been, and always will be Golduck! Why? Because it's blue, beautiful and it's Water-type! I loved this Poke cos it made a great HM Slave! I also like Hypno and Pikachu just cos they look cool.

I would hate Zubat and Tentacool - they're so annoying and waaaaaay too common!

smithtism

Blank
    Years
  • My favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:

Wartortle, to me, just screams out: "Come on! I'll take on anyone of ya!" He's also got the power and moves to back up that spirited appearance.

And the worst by far:

Sure he can learn some barrier moves, but other than that he isn't all that useful. Plus, he's a mime. *ugh*.

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
    Years
  • I've never really thought about what my favorite Pokémon from Kanto is. I'll just go with Nidoking for now. However, if I actually think about it, I'll probably change my mind. As for my least favorite, I have to agree with Toujours. I've never really liked Mr. Mime.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Favourite: Venomoth. Also my second favourite Pokemon overall.
    Least favourite: Voltorb and Electrode.
    Bland. Ugly. Useless in casual gaming.

Last edited:
    Years
  • favourite:
    Spoiler:

least favourite:
    Spoiler:

ジャスミン

Steel Type Leader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Favorite? Golem because it looks pro and Electrode for being cute and fast.
    Least favorite? Zubat for obvious reasons and Mew because it's way too overrated.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    My favorite in 1st gen is Arcanine, because he looks gallant and beauty, I always liked Arcanine since 1st gen.
    My least favorite in 1st gen is... maybe Raticate, I was never very concerned for my least favorite. (coincidentally he was strongly opposed to Arcanine)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Nidoqueen is my favorite Gen 1 pokemon Because it has boobs because of it's design and great usability. I freaking hate Magikarp though, and all the people who pretend it's god of something. That joke got boring fast.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Favorite: Pikachu because that Pokemon has always been my favorite. Mainly through it's cuteness and it's nature and Dragonair because it is my favourite Dragon type Pokemon, that I have adored its elegance ever since. It's also very strong and can be quite a difficult Pokemon to defeat in a battle.

Least favorite: Paras would be my least favorite because well, I rarely see it and I don't like it much.

Kamikl

Elite 4
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2012
    My favourite Pokemon within gen 1 has to be the zubat evolutionary line.
    I loved it as a kid, and I will never stop doing so :D Most people don't like zubats, although they are quite strong in game if you use them well.

My most hated pokemon has to be... the dragonite line. I never enjoyed using pokemon that are strong, instead I set challenges to myself and use pokemon that are not so easy and I use my brain not my A button.​

Back