• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Hacking Team

Years
    It took me so long to do the house, and since the main character is supposed to have a big house because of the story, I was even harder.
    Yeh I'm not surprised. How many stories is the house? 4? 5? 6? o_O
    Gahh, it's my last exam today. It's only biology though, and i don't even plan on doing that, so i'll probably just flunk it. :D

How's the scripting going?
    I'm trying to find some good tilesets, and i am on the verge of being able to make sprites bigger, and i am also going to learn how to insert more :D

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The house is only 3 stories, but the first floor should be about twice the size of the whole firered house combined.

School is almost over and so are the finals.

Did you make a thread for your hack yet, and how is the titlescreen editing going.

I think the I know the basics of scripting now.

Years
    The house is only 3 stories, but the first floor should be about twice the size of the whole firered house combined.

School is almost over and so are the finals.

Did you make a thread for your hack yet, and how is the titlescreen editing going.

I think the I know the basics of scripting now.
    haha.
    no i haven't made a thread yet...not until i get some decent scripting done o_O the titlescreen is almost finished, but i still need to do the pallette.
    what can you script?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I could script stuff...haha.
    I still learning though.

School is oveeeeeeerrrrrr

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I just added a town map giving script, but it is useless until the world map is fixed. The world map does not even make sense.

Years
    I just added a town map giving script, but it is useless until the world map is fixed. The world map does not even make sense.
    yeh. i'm slowly managing to get a snow tileset in.
    i mite make a patch for it when i am done so that you can use it in the hack, just make sure you get the permissions from dshayabusa :)
    so the town map giving script works then?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I don't really need a snow tileset right now because all the tilesets I have is breaking up and I'm trying to keep it together.

The script works, I tested it out. The person says the stuff without a mistake, the event takes place only once like I wanted, and you get the town map.:)

thethethethe's tutorial has all the information I may need on scripting, that is where I got most of the stuff for my script.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing more mapping (I have been setting it aside), and on Friday or maybe tomorrow, update the thread on the hack showcase.

Last edited:
    Years
    I don't really need a snow tileset right now because all the tilesets I have is breaking up and I'm trying to keep it together.

The script works, I tested it out. The person says the stuff without a mistake, the event takes place only once like I wanted, and you get the town map.:)

thethethethe's tutorial has all the information I may need on scripting, that is where I got most of the stuff for my script.

Tomorrow, I plan on doing more mapping (I have been setting it aside), and on Friday or maybe tomorrow, update the thread on the hack showcase.

yeh ok, when you've done the mapping, send it to me first, so i can fix up any errors that i find. and in general make them look good!
    oh and it's easier to post a patch in the email account rather than the whole ROM file :P

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I know patches are easier, but I did not want to mess with it before. I may consider that. I'm going to work on the rom more this week. I'm doing a huge graphical update at the moment.

Last edited:
    Years
    I know patches are easier, but I did not want to mess with it before. I may consider that. I'm going to work on the rom more this week. I'm doing a huge graphical update at the moment.
    cool, what sort of graphical changes are you making?
    pallettes, tiles, the whole thing in general?
    i haven't had much time atm, but i have the weekend coming up :)
    try the tileset patch made by cheesepeow on about post 38 of the rom hacking resources. it's really good.
    cheers, SirWillis

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I added a new tree and decided not to use the old one much. I'm going to add a lot of buildings for various places, but I don't think I will be using new Pokemon center and PokeMarts, maybe later. I mapped a huge town, in my opinion, it used to be Celadon City.

I think I got a lot accomplished today.

From July 6 till the end of summer, I will have limited or no internet access. I'm going somewhere with my family for the summer, but I will bring my laptop with me a do a lot of work on the hack. After I return, I will post a huge update with most likely the first beta, if I don't put it up earlier.

Years
    I added a new tree and decided not to use the old one much. I'm going to add a lot of buildings for various places, but I don't think I will be using new Pokemon center and PokeMarts, maybe later. I mapped a huge town, in my opinion, it used to be Celadon City.

I think I got a lot accomplished today.

From July 6 till the end of summer, I will have limited or no internet access. I'm going somewhere with my family for the summer, but I will bring my laptop with me a do a lot of work on the hack. After I return, I will post a huge update with most likely the first beta, if I don't put it up earlier.

ok, but do you think you would be able to pass it through me first?
    just to make sure that all the maps looks as good as they can and when the hack is released that it kicks some serious butt?

anyways, could you post a passworded .RAR file of the patch and PM me the password so I can fix up any errors with the city that you just made and such?

Years
    The new map is not entirely finished, I will sent you a passworded .rar one, same password as the new password for the email account. Why don't you go to the Hackshowcase thread and have a look at what I have so far.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139714
    yeh okay.
    i will start working on it when i get home, because yet again i am on the school network!
    the screenshots look nice...but i'm still not too sure about the trees =/

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    You could go to this website in school the school computers? We have limited access to what we do on computers at school unless if we log on a an administrator or something.

Years
    You could go to this website in school the school computers? We have limited access to what we do on computers at school unless if we log on a an administrator or something.
    well, at school it's not too great. but we all use a proxy which lets us go on to any site we want.
    so basically, i can do everything but download stuff at school.
    so how's the hack going?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The hack is going great. I worked on it a lot yesterday, but I don't think I will be working on it today, I took a day off. I hurt my leg yesterday and it was extremely painful, it was gone today, but I didn't feel like working on it much. Don't worry, I will be working a lot on it over the summer.

Stevey Poo

Pokemon Police, Sen.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2011
    aright, what up boyz, im here. what do you need/want me to do, ill do it :D

Years
    The hack is going great. I worked on it a lot yesterday, but I don't think I will be working on it today, I took a day off. I hurt my leg yesterday and it was extremely painful, it was gone today, but I didn't feel like working on it much. Don't worry, I will be working a lot on it over the summer.
    yeh ok.
    i am working on trying to make an underground base for...which team was it? lol. the evil one XD
    i've got a really good shape, i just need to work on the electronics part.
    once i've finished it i'll post it here and you can tell what you think of it.
    yeh? sound good?

Back