• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in need of evolutions.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Simple question, but if you think hard enough, there can be alot of things to conversate over. Which pokemon in your opinion, and in any generation, is in desperate need of an evolution or pre-evolution? I'd have to say Pinsir, he seems very neglected and forgotten. He wasn't lucky like Tangela, who got an evo in the 4th gen after awaiting many years. Pinsir has a cool movepool and is a unique fighting type, I think Pinsir would see a rise in competitve use if he was given an evolution of some sort to boost up his movepool with more variety and also boost up his overall stats. All opinions are appreciated, thanks. :)

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Pinsir would indeed be my first choice for an evolution. Another Fighting Bug would be nice competition against Heracross. I would also like to see an evo for Lapras, perhaps with more stronger type coverage. They need to do something with Stantler too, maybe an evo and pre-evo. It just feels so ignored.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Pinsir would indeed be my first choice for an evolution. Another Fighting Bug would be nice competition against Heracross. I would also like to see an evo for Lapras, perhaps with more stronger type coverage. They need to do something with Stantler too, maybe an evo and pre-evo. It just feels so ignored.

I couldn't agree more if what you are saying is Pinsir needs to get his type changed from Fighting type to Bug + Fighting type. He always was a bug in my mind, and I think he is physically speaking, its strange to see him as a mono Fighting type. It'd be nice to see another Bug/Fighting type pokemon other than Heracross, indeed. Stantler definitely needs an evo or pre-evo, no doubt. Lapras I'm not sure....

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Pinsir has the chance to be a second Heracross, if they give it a good enough evolution. It would also actually MAKE it a Fighting type, hopefully, which would be MAJOR bonus for it; seeing it has a lot of Fighting moves in its movepool. If the other bug-type of Generation I can have an evolution, (Scyther - Scizor) then surely Pinsir can have one.

Though it has a lot of evolutions, and I've said it a lot, already, I REALLY think a Normal-type Eeveelution should have been done when Eevee was brought into the game/show. you know; as a natural evolution of it, as opposed to all its "manipulated" evolutions. Not to mention, they'd be able to make GREAT use of Adaptability; one of Eevee's abilities.

Noctowl needs an evolution, I personally feel; a Flying/Psychic type to challenge Xatu. Proctowl! XD *was actually suggested to Wichu, back when I was on PokeComm for only a short while*

Wouldn't Ditto getting an evolution be the strangest of occurences...? o_o

I wonder what an evolution of Dunsparce would look like...

Qwilfish definitely needs to get an evolution...

Wonder what a branch-evolution of Shroomish would look like? I like Breloom and all, but I can't help but think about what Shroomish would look like as a normal plant, or something.

Not necessarily one I want, but Raichirisu is definitely going to make an appearance, in some future Generation. (evolution of Pachirisu)

That's about all I can think of, though.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    I thought more of a Steel/Bug Pinsir, called Pinzizor.
    Sure, it makes him ultra-weak, but that's just what I was thinking.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    In need of a evolution or pre-evolution? Um I would have to say maybe jynx needs one... um and lapras.

That's all i got at the moment.

Last edited:

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I couldn't agree more if what you are saying is Pinsir needs to get his type changed from Fighting type to Bug + Fighting type. He always was a bug in my mind, and I think he is physically speaking, its strange to see him as a mono Fighting type. It'd be nice to see another Bug/Fighting type pokemon other than Heracross, indeed. Stantler definitely needs an evo or pre-evo, no doubt. Lapras I'm not sure....

...Pinsir is a bug type. Not fighting. Not bug fighting.....He should be changed to bug/fighting one day...
    Citation needed?
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pinsir
    Citation given.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I have to agree that Jynx could use an evolution, though I'm kind of afraid of what it might look like XD; A Lapras evolution would be pretty snazzy as well, as would an evolution for Lunatone and Solrock. Buuut, for some reason, it doesn't seem like... any of those will be getting any :|

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    lapras, tauros, and pinsir.
    Three great pokemon that need evolutions.
    tauros is pretty fast, and pinsir has inhuman strength, lapras just deserves one.
    but all of them have a big flaw in them, tauros has low spD and pinsir has low D.
    i never thought jynx should get an evolution, it just seems strong enough as it is.
    besides, just think about what it will look like.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Personally I believe that Tauros and Miltank should have a common prevolution. I remember a thread very similar to this not to long ago, and this prevolution was brought to my attention. I don't know how much it could assist Miltank, however; Tauros is in desperate need of some new attributes. Plus, this prevolution simply makes too much sense not to be included in the Pokémon franchise. Why wouldn't a cow Pokémon and a bull Pokémon share a common link; a calf Pokémon. Personally, I am very suprised Gamefreak has not yet included this possibly cutie in their past couple of generations.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Eevee, Donphan, Ariados, Houndoom, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Lucario, and maybe also Banette.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    No Girafarig? I personally love the pokemon and would like to see it evolve. You don't see a lot of normal/psychic types as it is.

Dunsparce totally deserves an evolution chain as well.

And when did Pinsir become a mono fighting type? ._.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Lapras: Pre-evo (idk)
    Pinsir: Evo (idk)
    Heracross: Evo (Heracrush)
    Tauros and Miltank: Pre-evo (Calfy... idk)
    Kangaskhan: Pre-evo (Kangaskid)
    Delibird: Evo (Delibub/Delibaby)
    Mime Jr.: Female evo (Mrs. Mime FTW)
    Farfetch'd: Pre-evo (Farfledge'd)

I've probably forgotten a bunch... LOL

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Delibird needs an evolution, really. So do Qwilifish, Luvdisc, Jynx, Lanturn, Pinsir...and Glalie. An Ice/Dark Glalie evolution. And Banette as a Ghost/Dark.

Back