• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon in need of evolutions.

Years
    Why not give Spearow/Fearow a new evolution? I remember one of the writers in the old G/S walkthrough from Versus books recommended the idea, and I think it would make sense. At the very least, let it learn Sky Attack this time around, since it's pretty bad that it never learns it on its own (without breeding, of course).

Really though, the plainly obvious ones come to mind as Pokemon that absolutley need an evolution. Luvdisc is pathetic in virtually ever aspect; Qwilfish is the same way. Delibird could use an evolution that actually learns an attack, on its own, that doesn't actually heal the opponent. Pinsir just needs one. Scyther got an evolution a long time ago, so it's about time Pinsir get's one too. Farfetch'd is another long overdue one as well that I'm not sure if anyone mentioned yet. His stats are very weak, his moveset is bad, and could just overall use a good upgrade to get people to actually use it.

There are quite a few Pokemon that, like the ones mentioned above, could use an evolution just based off of their bad stats and bad movesets. Considering how long it's taken for some, especially Pinsir and Farfetch'd, they are really overdue for an evolution in the next set of games.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Pinsir, Miltank and Girafarig could do worse than acquiring an evolution, I have to admit. An evolution would make them be recognised for once, providing their stats go up enough and their movesets are adjusted enough for them to be used in competitive play.

Other than that, I don't really care. So long as Farfetch'd stays the way it is, I am perfectly content with the Pokémon universe and the possible fifth generation that may be on its way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I think Eevee needs a natural evolution, at a set level.

The split Gyarados evolution could be higher in Sp attack instead of attack.

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
    Farfetch'd Farfetch'd Farfetch'd!

Seriously, this thing needs to evolve, it's just not fair how much he sucks on the battlefield right now. His stats for a fully evolved are dire, and that's not fair considering his coolness.

Sweet Speed

Smile...
    Years
    I agree with you, Farfetch'd need an evolution. A cool one at that, I think Farfetch's is cool and cute I want It's evolution to be an all out powerhouse.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I think Kagaskan (did I spell that right) should have a baby evolution, because I wondered if the baby in the pouch will be battling? There is Skarmory that would be interesting to have an evolution... Luvdisc should defenitely have an evolution.

DaZeD

BuTTHeAd!!!
    Years
    Clampearl - regular evolution
    Farfetch'd
    Kangaskhan
    Mr.Mime
    Jynx
    Ditto
    Aerodactyl
    Smeargle
    Minun
    Pluse
    Castform
    Torkoal
    Relicanth
    Chatot.

I wanna see all of these pokemon evolve! :D

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    I think Kagaskan (did I spell that right) should have a baby evolution, because I wondered if the baby in the pouch will be battling? There is Skarmory that would be interesting to have an evolution... Luvdisc should defenitely have an evolution.

Yeah, you aren't the only one with that Kangaskhan idea. Skarmory needs an evo, but not too big of a stat boost. Luvdisc I have already explained, really needs one. I agree with you on all three.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Absol, Tropius or Banette, would be interesting to see what they would come up with (Pre evo's are BORING.)

Cosmic Tyrant

Ruler of the Cosmos
    Years
    I love the idea of a Pinsir evolution. However, Pinser alreadys a monsterous base attack. (125) And a decent defence to boot. If it Does get an Evo, it'll most likely down it's attack slightly, while ganing points in another, and most likely a second type. (Kinda hoping Dark, but Fighting would be acceptable)

Other Pogeymans I'd like to see have Evo/Prevos.

Miltank/Tarous Prevo: Cow. Bull. It explains itself >.>

Skarmory Prevo: If Mantine can has one, so can Skarmory

Caravine Evo/Prvo: Eh, It could use at least one of the two.

Raticate Evo: Seriously...It needs one XD

Fearow Evo: Imagine the possibilities Fearow could have if it had an evolution.

Houndoom Evo: Becaue I DEMAND IT! Think it'd be a great addition.

Aaand...That's all I can think of.

Years
    Okay, I'll try to only add things that haven't been mentioned already.

-Arbok could use a third evolution. Maybe a Adnocana(anaconda?)
    -Sandslash. This Pokemon needs a boost.
    -Cloyster. Just fairly weak, needs an evolution and a better moveset. Or give Shellder a branching evolution.
    -Weezing. Maybe 'Infecting'?
    -Mr and Mrs Mime would be a good addition.
    -Jynx was unlucky not to get one with Magmortar and Electivre
    -Ledian. Yes it's a bug, but it's so bad.
    -I think Sudowoodo needs an evolution. It just doesn't appear complete to me yet.
    -What about Shuckle?
    -Sableye?
    -Mawile could use an evolution.
    -Volbeat and Illumise could use something.
    -Spinda needs something.
    -What could Castform evolve into?
    -Does Kecleon need one?
    -And maybe Chimecho.

There's my list. What do you think?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Along with my other post i think Eevee needs a normal evolution that it gets by leveling up to a certain level like level 24 or something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I don't know about that...the idea seems pretty pointless.
    how so?

One could assume that Eevee will obtain every type evolution? Right? so what will they make a new item just so it can evolve into a normal type? No i don't think they will why do that when Eevee is already a normal type? It would be more logical to give it an evolution at a specific level.

they would use a stone or rock for the evolution like the others correct?

there is no stone to evolve eevee into a normal type and even if they made one what would be the point of an item evolving one single pokemon? they would then need a new pokemon to evolve using that stone correct?

of course this is all an asuumption... though i think it is a very logical one at that.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    how so?

One could assume that Eevee will obtain every type evolution? Right? so what will they make a new item just so it can evolve into a normal type? No i don't think they will why do that when Eevee is already a normal type? It would be more logical to give it an evolution at a specific level.

they would use a stone or rock for the evolution like the others correct?

there is no stone to evolve eevee into a normal type and even if they made one what would be the point of an item evolving one single pokemon? they would then need a new pokemon to evolve using that stone correct?

of course this is all an asuumption... though i think it is a very logical one at that.

You took my post the wrong way, very wrong, sir. I meant that Evee evolving into a normal type at all is just pointless, I don't care how Evee evolves into another Normal type, I still think it doesn't serve much purpose, it'd be like Buneary evolving into Lopunny, Evee would just look different, with a small stat boost and a few more moves thrown in its movepool. I guess it could be done though, if GF is going to give it an evolution of every type.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    You took my post the wrong way, very wrong, sir. I meant that Evee evolving into a normal type at all is just pointless, I don't care how Evee evolves into another Normal type, I still think it doesn't serve much purpose, it'd be like Buneary evolving into Lopunny, Evee would just look different, with a small stat boost and a few more moves thrown in its movepool. I guess it could be done though, if GF is going to give it an evolution of every type.
    Yah eevee shouldn't have a evolution of a normal type since he is a normal type. They should make a steel type.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Except, they already have jolteon with spikes though, but maybe bigger spikes.

Back