• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon, Lucario And The Mystery Of Mew. Made Me Cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • *SPOILER ALERT* I Was Like So Sad. Lucario.....Dies. That is Just Really Upseting. It Took Me 2 Weeks To Recover From Saddness! And I'm Not Joking! Have You Watched It? How Did You Feel? :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • Look at the bright side.; Lucario is now chowing on chocolate with Sir Aaron!

Spoiler:

Don't they look happy? Sure, it was a pretty sad scene, but Lucario is in a better place now. Plus, he has heavenly chocolate.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I thought it was more sad when Ash was turned to stone toward the end of the first movie then anything. Also if you want to use spoliers I suggest using the Spoiler code either type it out or press the abc button next the the Youtube Button in full editor.
    Spoiler:
    All begins die at one point in time so it is inevitable.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Oh yeah that was a really sad ending but hey he is with Sir Aaron now. I wonder how he got that chocolate.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The first time I saw Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, I was sad that Lucario died in the end. I would've been sadder if Ash died instead (and, of course, he'll be brought back to life in some way).

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This is a cute thread. I didn't care when Ash was turned to stone (perhaps because I never watched it in the cinema, it was spoiled to me, it was just so obvious the main character wouldn't die, or I just didn't care), but I did genuinely feel sad when Lucario (implicitly) died.

Years
  • Thanks Jorah, If Ash "Died" (Which Would Never Happen Cause He's Main Charecter) I Would Be Like....Oh Dear (Sarcastically) When Lucario Died It Felt Like My Heart Was Plumited Into a Pit Of Spikes. (At Least He Can Have His Chocolate) :(

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    It was beautiful, but I was crushed by his death... at the same time, though, it was a noble death, just like Aaron's... and now they're together. <3

I was also pretty sad when Lucario had that flashback of the war (thanks to the Time Flowers) and collapsed in the flowers, then Satoshi/Ash came and apologized.

That was pretty much when I thought, "wow. Satoshi really matured!"

I used to be a twerp-basher before then, I'll admit. ^^;

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ohmygod, now I wanna go watch the DVD.. D:

I loved Aaron and Lucario, and it was so sad that they both ended up dying. ; ;

Sure, they ended up happy, and together at the end of it and what not, but still.. I just found that entire movie to be pretty dark. How Lucario spent the entire film thinking that he was betrayed, and leading people to believe that Aaron was doing wrong. When really, all Aaron was doing was just trying to protect his friend. efff..

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I know I was sad, but I don't know if tears came to my eyes. I actually think my eyes did tear up...

I agree with Drew, now I too wish to watch the movie.

And on the first movie, didn't Ash technically die but then they just made the body go gray as if it was turned to stone because it was a kids movie? That's exactly how it seems to me, especially how in the story the woman told the person in the story died but was brought back to life by the tears of the pokemon, and that's exactly what happened to Ash.

Besides the fact that he turned gray, I don't remember anything at all to suggest he was turned to stone, which wouldn't make sense to me.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ^ The idea in the Japanese version was that he was hit by both of the colliding attacks, and it did supposedly kill him. That's why the Pokemon tears, which were said to have revived the dead in that legend, were the only things that were able to bring him back to life. Turning to stone was the effect the two attacks had on his body, and what not.. and yeah. This is totally off-topic, by the way. >_>

As far as the Lucario movie goes, I think those were the closest things to actual death scenes that Pokemon has ever had. In the way of seeing the characters actually fading, and such. I was almost surprised that it happened, to be honest. Having not just one, but two characters die off in one movie. xD;

I remember the fan response to this movie was really good, though.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    This film and movie 1 had really sad endings I agree, though I think movie 1 had more of an affect on me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back