• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black 2 hack: Pokemon Moon Black 2 (September 2020 Update Released)

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    New here, but I was wondering is this hack similar to Drayanos with the ability to catch all the Pokémon? I wanted to go through this game with this challenge For my first play through, but I wasn't sure if it was possible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    How does the Fairy Type works in this game? I have Fairy Types like Primarene and they are showing it in battle but not in damage calc. for example??

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    can someone send me a link from black 2 clean room to patch in falls all time or send me a link from updatet rom :D pls help me

Years
  • New here, but I was wondering is this hack similar to Drayanos with the ability to catch all the Pokémon? I wanted to go through this game with this challenge For my first play through, but I wasn't sure if it was possible.
    somewhat? it changes a lot more things than Drayano's usual hacks where he just ups difficulties and gives you access to more pokemon. i don't think you can catch ALL the pokemon in this one though.

can someone send me a link from black 2 clean room to patch in falls all time or send me a link from updatet rom :D pls help me
    we're not allowed to link to roms in this forum. you'll need to do research on that yourself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    ye i understand but witch room i need for patch it cant find the right room just help me or write me a pm

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    Um can someone help me i have an older version and im not very sure on how to patch it and the read me doesnt help a lot

Years
  • Um can someone help me i have an older version and im not very sure on how to patch it and the read me doesnt help a lot

XDelta should be pretty straightforward to use for patching. just make sure you have the correct version of the rom (stated in the readme), then select Apply Patch on XDelta. select your patch file in the Patch section and game file in the Source File section. for Output File just put it somewhere you know you'll find it like desktop. then hit Patch button below.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2020
    I'm having trouble trying to randomize this hack through the Universal Randomizer - I patch this over a standard Pokemon Black 2 ROM, load it into the universal randomizer, then when I start the game it freezes after I try to choose my starter. Any help on how to do this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm having trouble trying to randomize this hack through the Universal Randomizer - I patch this over a standard Pokemon Black 2 ROM, load it into the universal randomizer, then when I start the game it freezes after I try to choose my starter. Any help on how to do this?

I THINK if what I know is true there is a separate instructions of how to randomise DS hacks like this, but I also imagine that with the changes that the game makes it may not be advisable to do so. IF it is the same as Drayano's hacks, you randomise a base Black ROM then copy a certain file over to your Moon Black 2 ROM but it's... Not a process done with THIS particular hack but Drayano hacks so I don't think it's worth doing as it may break everything.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2023
    Any chance someone can prerandomize this rom for me? Sacredallmighty was able to randomize this rom hack

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2021
    POKEMON MOON BLACK 2

Q8fN31q.png

~ HACK INFORMATION ~
    Rom Hack of Pokemon Black 2

~ STORY ~
    After becoming the League Champion and defeating the final Hurrah Island challenge Prof. Kukui allowed
    Sun/Moon and others to travel to the Unova Region for a year and test what they learned in Alola. Your rival Gladion followed and together you chose new starters for the journey across Unova. Rumors say, Team Skull has also been spotted in Unova. Sun/Moon was also granted permission to enter the Regional Tournament at the PWT representing the Alola region if they defeat the Unova Champion!

~ Features ~
    - New Pokemon
    - Unova Forms and Alola Forms
    - New Rivals
    - New Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion
    - New Items
    - New Moves
    - New Events
    - Mega Evolution (Outside of battle)
    - Harder Difficulty
    - Fairy Type and the new type chart
    - Brand New Pokemon World Tournament - With Trainers From Every Region

~ New Title Screen ~
    wo44ltN.png

~ New Interfaces ~
    wevZXQF.png

~ Player Selection ~
    You will play as either Sun Or Moon
    Sun is given access to a Gogoat Pokeride and Moon is given access to a Talonflame Pokeride
    Ju0x9qu.jpg

Show2.png

Show3.png

Show_1.png

~ Mega Evolution ~
    Mega Stones can be found throughout and the region and given to you through new events that have been added to the game.

SS2.png

SS5.png

Pokemon That can Mega Evolve:
    Charizard
    Venusaur
    Blastoise
    Sceptile
    Blaziken
    Pidgeot
    Aerodactyl
    Houndoom
    Lucario
    Garchomp
    Sharpedo
    Camperupt
    Sabaleye
    Ampharos
    Banette
    Gardevoir
    Gallade
    Metagross

~ New Gym Leaders ~
    Spoiler:

~ New Elite Four ~
    Spoiler:

~ New Pokemon ~
    sss3.png

sss6.png

sss7.png

~ Unova Forms Preview ~
    Spoiler:

~ Fairy Type Preview ~
    UciyC08.png
    E3qYHsB.png
    cIhWFDQ.png

~ Post Game (SPOILERS) ~
    Spoiler:

CREDITS AND SPECIAL THANKS
    Nintendo Game Freak for the Game
    Aster: For being my partner in making this hack!
    DeadSkullzJr: Huge thanks for fixing Fairy Type and making other various fixes including restoring r4 compatibility
    KazoWar Tools : Super Thanks!
    Gungyeon : For Tips and Some help!
    LolitaRey: For Unova Skitty and Delcatty concept!
    Drayano for the level-curve and some events!
    Zender1752 for those quality overworlds!
    Bagboy: Massive thanks for the Lunala model!
    Pokemon Showdown For SOME Spirtes!
    WolfPP : For the Gen 8 Sprites starters.

Current Bugs:
    - All Pokemon cries are not changed yet
    - FAIRY TYPE ONLY APPEARS IN BATTLE(Shows up as Normal Type outside of battle)
    - Fairy Type glitches up icons in the pc sometimes(Does not affect gameplay)

(WIP)Documentation: https://pokemon-moon-black-2.fandom.com/wiki/Pokemon_Moon_Black_2_Wiki

~ Beta 4 Changelog ~
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Moon Black 2 Completed - Beta 4 (29/09/2020):

For best gameplay we recommend:
    - DraStic (Authentic Version)
    - DeSmuMe
    - MelonDS
    - Nintendo DS/DS Lite with flash cartridge (Wood R4/YSMenu kernel preferred)

Twilight Menu is not compatible at the moment since there are various bugs only occurring with Twilight Menu.

Patch Link (Check readme for patching instructions):
    https://mega.nz/folder/NUYQiYYI#rLZn3mijAk-fx18xCAb1pw

DO NOT enter the Hall of Fame with a Fairy Type Pokemon.

Join the Discord: https://discord.gg/jAP9YaJ

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT "MOONBLACK2 TEAM"

Bro, help me please...
    Can you talk to the author!
    I really appreciate ROM hacking Moon Black 2 of the author and team. So cool, generation 8 included. But, it would be nice if more boxes of pokemon were added. So we can catch more pokemon.

Thank you so much 🙏🏿

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2022
    I have never played the moon/sun versions. Is the story too important/convoluted to just try out this hack? I am looking for a comprehensive hack for Black 2 as that is my favourite game and I can comfortably play it on mobile as well which is not possible with the newer generations.

Does this only include Alola Pokemon or can we catch/evolve all Pokemon up to Gen 7?

Also a side question. Does Kecleon have Protean in this?

Last edited:
    Back