• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Mystic Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    I vote for the left.
    Only improves the palettes of the tree, giving a more vivid green.

See you~

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    Agreed. The left one is better than the right one, OR the edited one. One question tho. When releasing, could you put the file as an .ips file or a .gba file? Looks really fun, but I can't play the .aps files.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I like the newest one you posted, Panda. It just feels nicer and a change from any of Kyledove's trees is something new. :D

Interesting stuff you've got going on, buddy, I'll keep silently following it.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I strongly prefer the tiles in the left one, Panda. :)

The graphics are clearly really well done to this point and I actually kind of like just the normal houses being in there. Also, something yet to be commented on.. I think the story sounds pretty brilliant. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the palette of the routes/cities on the world map though; it just kind of seems off. Maybe a tad too dark?

This does look really good though and I expect a lot out of you. Hopefully this will pull through and be a diamond from the rough. :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022

Update

Sweet-1.png
    ResearchLab.png
    NameOak.png

Professor Ketchum's town's lab has a face-lift. I have inserted new town tiles to Helio town as well as revamped how the insides of the lab look. Also I have made it so instead of choosing a rivals name at the start (you don't have a rival like GREEN in this game.) you choose Ketchum's first name.

Also I am thinking of putting a small second region in this. Possibly being Orre, Johto, or something new. Orre will already be included as it is where you will be dueling "The Six". I won't be deciding on this though until I get through the main part of the story in Lurre. Also some scripting progress is in the works, but I am opting out of showing it until I perfect it ^.^.

Until next time, Panda signing off...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dude, this looks awesome! It really does. I like it how you put a lot of work in the tiles and overworlds and other graphics, before releasing it to public. Good luck, I'll be following this thread regularly!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    When I first saw this hack, I jizzed in my pants.

This hack is amazing, the graphics have me in awe.

When the beta is released, I will put up some videos on YouTube. Good luck.

If you need a banner for your project, send me a pm.

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022

Update

3-17.png
    1-19.png
    2-16.png

THE FIRST INTRO SPRITE FOR KETCHUM IS TENTATIVE TO CHANGE. I WILL UPDATE WHAT DECISION IT'S ARTISTS MAKES NEXT TIME.

The intro is now finalized except for that info ^. Hopefully the author reconsiders or I will have to spend some time reinserting a new sprite if I can find one... Also, a video of the intro... Link

If the author declines my use of his sprite I will be deleting this video and uploading something more fitting.

Until next time, Panda signing off...

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
    Years
  • Nice Updates ~Teh Panda~! I like the male hero sprite.
    It really looks fitting at the intro. I hope for the girl sprite
    to be fitting as well. :)

The professor looks too tall. You'll find it difficult to make
    an overworld sprite of the professor.

Overall, Great Updates by ~Teh Panda~ I'll look forward
    to the next Update! See you soon! :D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Sickness-2.png

Update

Pinecrest city
    One of riches and despair...

Created for only the best of living Pinecrest was the jewel of Lurre. It is still is a great hub of culture and diversity but dirty deeds have been in the works as the city is spread into two sub factions. One known as the 'Heights' lies on the north end of the city. Its a major area of business, Pokemon innovation, and social activity, the Pokemon equivalent to New York. On the other hand there is the south. What used to be a nature reserve for Pokemon was soon ravaged and destroyed by a secret organization which now resides in the area. It is set up like a penitentiary. No one has gotten past its gate in over 10 years and from the outside it looks like you would not even want to try to get back there.

Years
  • Nice update, I like the tiles alot.
    However, perhaps you could soften the building's palette a little? It seems a little bit sharp to me, in comparison with the trees and mountain, but that's just my opinion.
    Also, should it not be "The city that never sleeps."? Though I'm not sure which is grammatically correct, so just taking a stab there ;)
    Overall, nice work :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Good work, Panda! The building looks amazing. I'll start on the banner as soon as I can. ;D

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Panda, I love you. You always seem to make all the graphics flow so seamlessly, kudos for that. I can't wait to see what awesome scripting you have implemented in Mystic. I wish you the best of luck, and you have all my support! :D

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Everything here is awesome
    This is one hack for the history books

Anyway is saw the intro vid
    I must say im quite impressed :)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022

Update

Just a quickie...

I touched up the intro and HAD to remove the Ketchum sprite. A new one will be found... Eventually.

Final touches on grey scaled intro sprites... There is one unresolvable bug, you will see in the alpha. It's small though ;).

Yeahboy.png
    YeahGirl-1.png

boy-1.png
    Girl-1.png

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • Your tiles are great and all but your mapping is not so great. Also your story is just the same as everyone elses. Try to improve your mapping skills in mountains.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back