• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Nicknames that you fell in love with

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    When wonder trading, GTS or just trading with friends, what pokemon nicknames really stuck out to you that you absolutely adored? Even to the point of nicknaming your own pokemon that? For me, a fair amount of the time the foreign language names of pokemon I really like (Scoppel for Bunnelby comes to mind for example, or Carabaffe for Wartortle) but the one name that REALLY stuck in my mind (and was the whole reason for this thread!) was a little Squirtle I got in Wonder Trade named Taps. I have no idea what it is about that name that makes me love it so, but I'm absolutely naming my own that! How about you?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Bob the Ditto. Got it once from WT, and ever since then, I've been nicknaming every Ditto I get from the Safari as Bob. Sometimes, Bob the Blob. xD
    Dittos are hot in the GTS still. x3

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    The first pokemon game where I cared about the multiplayer was pokemon x (I played gens 3,4 and 5 on emulators and I didn't have many friends with gameboys in the ages of gen 1 and 2 D: ), and most of the nicknamed pokemon I got in wonder trade had asian symbols I can't read as nicknames :P. Still, I'm very fond of Rocky, the onix you could get in an in-game trade in gen 2 for a bellsprout.

BTW, I don't usually nickname pokemons, but I couldn't resist to nickname the 2 shinny Clawitzers that are displayed on my signature ^^.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    There was this one time I got a Finneon offa Wonder Trade named Tumblr. There was also another time I think I got a Magikarp named **** My Life or something like that.

I'm a bit surprised I haven't encountered more pokes from WT/GTS with nicknames.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From Wonder Trade, I got a Charmander named Salamander, and even though it's not very original, I still thought it to be sort of cute. There are plenty of other nicknamed Pokémon I wound up receiving, but this is the only one that I actually liked.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I got a delibird named Santa Clause, I decided to keep it as the name was cool.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • The first time I faced aaaa - I think it's german, someone correct me pls if that's wrong - with a charizard, I just had to stop a second and put my DS down and take a breath. Charizard's German (?) name is "Draconfeu". i named the next charizard I bred Draconfeu. That's so cool. Cooler than Charizard imo.

DRACONFEU

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The first time I faced aaaa - I think it's german, someone correct me pls if that's wrong - with a charizard, I just had to stop a second and put my DS down and take a breath. Charizard's German (?) name is "Draconfeu". i named the next charizard I bred Draconfeu. That's so cool. Cooler than Charizard imo.

DRACONFEU
    That's actually the French name. Glurak is Charizard's German name.

But yeah, some Pokemon have cool names in other languages. Why have an Excadrill when you can have a Doryuuzu? Or an Aggron when there's Bossgodora?

Tamara❤

Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • Didn't recieve it in a trade or anything but rather my best friend has a goodra named Majin-Goo. Now if you're an DBZ fan like me then that nickname is just incredibly humourous. My own goodra is a female so I gave it the more appropriate and lady like name Saphira :)

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • French Charizard, that was it. Draconfeu the french charizard, Glurak is cool too, but it's not Draconfeu. Bossgodora is also the vastly more b.a. name for an Aggron.

On 'your mom' the Arbok, I got something similar in a wonder traded Snorlax named "Your Mom". It had a Sassy nature, Thick Fat, and knew Yawn, Rest, Snore, and Heavy Slam. It was holding a burn heal.

I did keep 'your mom' too, because really though - female snorlax is useful to have. :I

IceyGamer

Nothing but Ice in my veins
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    I feel the need to keep their name default to their pokemon so I don't nickname. But there are some really cool nicknames I have seen.

Aoba

yelp
    Years
    • Age 30
    • /vp/
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    I once got a Miltank from Wonder Trade named Milky Tits. I did get a good laugh from it and then sent it onwards to someone else. Hopefully they found it amusing as well :b

Back