• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Nicknames?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i try to nickname my pokemon but most of the time i cant think of anything XD
    anyway here is what i currently have on my ss
    female pikachu-Sophie
    female pidgeot- Saljane
    male haunter-Stephan
    and i have a leafeon and glaceon but i cant nickname them :(

Years
    I once named my Ekans I caught on my first playthrough of red Namuh.

Reason being was this; people, usually bikers and that guy from the Simpsons, have had the nickname Snake in the past. So I thought it would be funny to have a snake named Human...although my mom is afraid of snakes and wouldn't let me have another after the first one died...so when I caught Ekans, I noticed it was Snake backwards, and thus Namuh was born. :D

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i bred a shiny slugma on the first try, its name is Escargo :cer_love:

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I try to nickname my pokes, when I can think of something clever! I used to always pick the fire starter, so they always had fire themed names like Ember, Blaze, and Torch, lol. Right now, I have a Staraptor I nicknamed Shep after John Sheppard, lol. I'm wanting to EV train a team of Poochyena/Mightyena's, I want to nickname after the team from The Losers(Clay, Pooch, Jensen, Cougar, Roque, and Aisha).

Plus my Jolteon, which I named Zat. :P

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Now this is a thread for me!
    I always put effort in my pokemon's nicknames...
    They of course have to be related to the pokemon itself... so for exp. flygon's nick is Terradon. terra is latin for ground (i always tend to use latin words, don't know why but they sound awesome!) and don is itallian for master, or lord or something like that... So you get "master of the ground" (which it is ;) ).

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    My worst nickname ever, I nicknamed my Chimchar Rodo once because I thought it was rodent rather than a monkey. Then I couldn't figure out how to change it, because I was playing pokemon for the first time...

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    They of course have to be related to the pokemon itself... so for exp. flygon's nick is Terradon. terra is latin for ground (i always tend to use latin words, don't know why but they sound awesome!) and don is itallian for master, or lord or something like that... So you get "master of the ground" (which it is ;) ).

*gives you applause* finally another person who sees the beauty of usin latin routes :D
    jzellos comes from a VERY early forme of latin ^_^

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    lol too easy :P
    i wanna capture his awesomeness, but at the same time i want it to be unique lol

Hei Long? sonds fun, oo hows HeiLong'O (Sea Dragon King)

Dragqueen is the perfect kingdra name, hehe you know you want to =P

It works for kingdra because seahorse males give birth making it seem like a female, What's the definition of a male that acts like a female? dragqueen
    Also going on that route its also a dragon giving the prefix drag. Plus dragons are so overused so thats where it sells itself out like an actual dragqueen.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    I usually nickname all of my pokemon except legendaries, which are sometimes named but rarely. My favorite nickname is for my Pikachu which would be Cheddar X)

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Dragqueen is the perfect kingdra name, hehe you know you want to =P

It works for kingdra because seahorse males give birth making it seem like a female, What's the definition of a male that acts like a female? dragqueen
    Also going on that route its also a dragon giving the prefix drag. Plus dragons are so overused so thats where it sells itself out like an actual dragqueen.

nope, already went with hailong'O

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
    I nickname my Pokemon sometimes haha. Ridiculous ones too x.x

Tangrowth - HappyVine!
    Dialga - MeTaLdOg
    Ledian - OmGaBuGZ
    And many more.....

Only basic one is that I named my Latias Cherish :cer_laugh:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I like thinking of nicknames for my Pokemon. The only time I don't usually nickname is my first playthrough of a game. I always give nicknames for any challenge I do, and I try to think of good nicknames not stupid ones. I've done Rikki, Tikki, Tavi, Rudyard, and Kipling for one team :D. And right now my team in Sapphire's nicknames are Roy G., Biv, Xavier, Jekyll, and Hyde. I really like themed names :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    i bred a shiny slugma on the first try, its name is Escargo :cer_love:
    Don't know why, but I really like this one

I'm wanting to EV train a team of Poochyena/Mightyena's, I want to nickname after the team from The Losers(Clay, Pooch, Jensen, Cougar, Roque, and Aisha).
    You are my hero for this.

That's why I took Latin in high school; its such a beautiful language.

Only basic one is that I named my Latias Cherish :cer_laugh:
    I really like this one too.

I"m pretty sure I've posted here before, but my all time favorite names are Tank and Blitz. Tank is usually like a Charizard or a Nidoking or something like that, not necessarily a tank, but a really strong Pokemon. Blitz is reserved for the fast Pokemon (not birds, for some reason I don't think blitz fits well there), but like Jolteon, Luxray, Pokemon like that (although it doesn't have to be Electric)

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
    Years
    I see I'm not the only one nicknaming Pokemon! I'll tell you some of the nicknamed Pokemon I'm proud of...

Bob the Moltres
    Yuuki the Togekiss (Japanese for 'courage' BTW, and it's perfect since this guy nearly has perfect IV's 0_0)
    Dododongo the Cyndaquil
    Sakoroshi the Gliscor
    And last but not least, Jaden Yuki the Giratina :D (If the new VGC format will be triple battles, I'll get two Pokemon and name them Yusei Fudo and Yugi Muto...hopefully someone will get the joke)

I usually nickname Pokemon with Japanese names...or Latin if I'm feeling 'spicy'...or name them after some random character :P

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I nickname after traits or just randomly.

For example, I named my Notch Eared Pichu [Heart Gold] Kaminari, meaning lightning. I named my Typhlosion [Soul Silver] Sunray after it's type. I named my Torterra [Platinum] Peaches simply because I was eating a can of peaches at the time.

I also nickname hatched Pokemon so I can tell the difference between them.

Back