• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Nicknames?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    I have rarely nicknamed Pokémon. When I had Gold, I nicknamed my Chikorita "flower" and my Krabby "cranchi". I have a friend who in SS has a Snorlax nicknamed "Michi" (way/road/path in Japanese) and an another one who has a Golbat nicknamed "bat".

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    I always give my pokemon some sort of nickname. Sometimes it's just something random I came up with on the spot, sometimes it's a japanese word (Like Toku for Bronzor or Gaidoku for Grimer), and sometimes it's just... Well, this conversation sums it up <<

Me: Okay, started a game in Soul Silver. Nicknamed my Cyndaquil 'Fire'.
    Friend: ... What? Originality much? Why did you name it that?
    Me: Well so when it evolves I'll change his name to Fira and when he becomes a Typhlosion I'll rename him Firaga.
    Friend: ... okay you win.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I sometimes give them a funny nickname, for example, I caught a Miltank after about 30 Ultra Balls, it pissed me off so much I nicknamed it "Whitney".

But most of the time, it's just giving them their actual name, but with good grammar. I actually go as far as asking people to re-nickname pokemon with AR for me

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't always nickname all of my pokemon but only some!
    I've named My Typhloshion in SS Eruption and my shiny Pigeot Sky :) I can't remember some of the others.

Back