• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orange Adventures

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
  • Pokemon: Orange Adventures

Introduction:
    Hi, I'm ROBO-BOY, and this is a Hack by ROBO-BOY Inc. As of the beginning of this hack, I am the only member of ROBO-BOY Inc. I will be needing help with this hack, as some tools do not run on my laptop.

Storyline:
    You are a young boy/girl from Valencia Island. The local Professor, Professor Ivy, calls you and her niece (currently still a boy) to her lab. She is researching the bonds between trainers and their Pokemon, and she decides to give you and her niece a Pokemon to raise for her research, holding a HM SURF to get around the Islands.
    Battle through the 4 Gyms of the Orange Islands, KOGA's son Ian, and three famous faces from the Hoenn Region. But your adventure will not be at all boring.Team Triad, a powerful team of three sorts of members, are after the Legendary Bird Trio: Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres

Features:
    Journey through the Orange Islands.
    Battle 5 Gym Leaders.
    Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Eevee (Optional/Tangelo) Starters.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Tools Used:
    So Far:
    Advance Map
    YAPE
    A-Trainer
    SMCA
    Item Editor Advance
    Nameless Sprite Editor (Rockmanmegaman's Green Sprite, modified)
    Pokemon Move Editor

Help Needed:
    Spriter
    Scripter
    Tile Editor (I want a more Tropical look for the game)
    If you wish to join the team, message me or ask on this thread.

Downloads:
    Attachment

Attachments

• Pokemon Orange Version.ips
      173.3 KB · Views: 256
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Thread approved because it meets requirements, but try to show some more screenshots of new areas. The ones currently provided don't show all that much new content, so be sure to show some new areas/scripts as soon as you can.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Are you referring to the Orange Islands from the anime, or are these islands a brand new area unrelated to the existing pokemon universe? Sorry, it's hard to tell. Also, how far are you into development? You should show off some more areas if you've mapped them.

The tournaments sounds like they could be interesting... I don't think I've played a hack with tournaments before.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Are you referring to the Orange Islands from the anime, or are these islands a brand new area unrelated to the existing pokemon universe? Sorry, it's hard to tell. Also, how far are you into development? You should show off some more areas if you've mapped them.

The tournaments sounds like they could be interesting... I don't think I've played a hack with tournaments before.

Tangelo Island is a Orange Island from the anime, so I presume he's going anime.

You should really have changed the text before showing us new starters, it looks like you've just gone to A-Starter and fiddled a bit. not that there's anything wrong with that.

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
    Years
  • Interesting, I like Orange Islands hacks but none is actually finished(while Liquid Crystal and Ash Gray are almost). In my view you should also include Team Magma as they try to take over in some way. Good luck with your hack :)

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • Thanks guys. I'm not really that good at hacking yet, and as I said, my laptop does not run a few of the Tools I got off Pokecommunity. I'm looking for a scripter, but I'm also going through tutorials. I am also going to get sprites for the New evolutions soon.

I have mapped as far as Mandarin Island North, which is the home of the first tournament. You'll have to win the tournament to get the first medal, which allows you to SURF (I\is the Soul Badge) outside of battle. (Up until that point, your Uncle Jerry had been sailing you from Island to Island.)

It is indeed based off of the Anime Region of the Orange Islands.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Pokemon Orange Adventures

There shouldn't really be wild grass in a town. Other than that, this looks like it could use some work. The mapping (from the single outside screenshot you've shown us) looks boring and empty. Cliffs don't naturally run in a straight line. Is there any reason you've picked random starters from each generation?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • Pokemon Orange Adventures

There shouldn't really be wild grass in a town. Other than that, this looks like it could use some work. The mapping (from the single outside screenshot you've shown us) looks boring and empty. Cliffs don't naturally run in a straight line. Is there any reason you've picked random starters from each generation?
    I went with Treecko, Cyndaquil and Squirtle to show that Pokemon from all 3 GBA Generations could be found in the game.
    And as for the grass, it is in some of the smaller islands because you don't get to train much until after the first Tournament, where you can start to SURF. It was put near the Pokemon Center on Tangelo because the grass there is filled with baby Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I like this hack idea, hope you finish it, I've wanted an Orange Island back because the only one I know of is Naranja but that's full of glitches and bugs.

Years
  • This looks great. I had the almost exact same idea for an orange islands hack from starters to bad guys. I am also new to hacking and haven't gotten very far. I'm not very good yet but would love to help if I could.

Last edited:

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
    Years
  • The mapping needs a little work as chrunch said-- There's no need to
    put a wild grass in a town. Better take a scripting tutorial even though you're recruiting one. What I saw in your screenies obviously shows that only change thing there is the starters and the maps and that's it. I like Orange Islands and putting a twist on it is a good idea! Hope you make it better & Good luck!

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • I've been busy with school lately, about to finish Year 9 (I'm young :D) but I've been doing as much as I can. I've almost finished mapping Mandarin Island North and I've read through some pretty techy script tutorials. I can't say I'm good at the whole thing, but I'll get better.
    As for the grass, I've already stated the facts. You'll be thanking me when you face Cissy and the first Tournament, because until then, you can't Surf.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • I've been busy with school lately, about to finish Year 9 (I'm young :D) but I've been doing as much as I can. I've almost finished mapping Mandarin Island North and I've read through some pretty techy script tutorials. I can't say I'm good at the whole thing, but I'll get better.
    As for the grass, I've already stated the facts. You'll be thanking me when you face Cissy and the first Tournament, because until then, you can't Surf.

Great, will physical/special split implemented and all day & night?

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
  • #isnotdeadyet

Update/Remake of my hack!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I would like to say this is my mission in life, but hacking is only a small part of my time. Year 10 isn't easy guys >.<
    Beta 1, I guess, is up. Feel free to try the game.
    If there's anything you want implemented (like Physical/Special Split) that I don't know how to do, then you should ask to do it yourself :D
    -ROBO0-BOY

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2022
    Escuse me but I have an ask.
    This hack is a rom that you go to the Orange Island like Ash (in the original story), or a simply hack that you go in Orange Island? (I'm sorry for my English but i'm Italian)

Back