• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON ORAS PLAYTHROUGH

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Alright, so based on what I'm reading, I'm going to go for the second badge.
    I'm in the town where the next gym is, so it will probably take me only an hour or two.
    I actually have a few things I need to go do, so I'll be available for battle again tonight at around 6pm pacific.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I think we should set a deadline for this section of June 30th (being done with this section by the end of the 30th).

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    I think we should set a deadline for this section of June 30th (being done with this section by the end of the 30th).

Is everyone OK with this? I actually have to move this week so the later the better for me. Also, I'm available to battle anyone who's gotten the Knuckle Badge. Like I said in a previous post, I switched out Swellow for Kirlia, so my team now consists of Lombre, Combusken and Kirlia. I'm looking at a few apartments soon but I'll be online in a few hours. Hope to see you guys online as well!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So I got home much earlier than expected, so I'm available for battle probably for the rest of today. Anybody who wants to battle I am available, until then I'm going to grab the second badge and make my way towards the third badge and then will stop.before nabbing it. :)

Edit: I just tried connecting and it seems the servers are under maintenanace(?), will update when I can connect.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Just got the Knuckle Badge and just arrived to Slateport. Might train my Pokémon some more before I battle anyone.

The level cap in the first post is still not updated. It'll be easier to check the level cap on there instead of reading previous posts of this here thread. Can it be updated?

Anyway, I think I'll stick with my currently listed team for battles, though Poochyena already evolved into a Mightyena. :3

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    Yeah I've just arrived in Slateport, KO'd Brawly and my pokemon are still at level 20, the level cap for Watson is 25 right?

stzy

Years
    Just got the Knuckle Badge and just arrived to Slateport. Might train my Pokémon some more before I battle anyone.

The level cap in the first post is still not updated. It'll be easier to check the level cap on there instead of reading previous posts of this here thread. Can it be updated?

Anyway, I think I'll stick with my currently listed team for battles, though Poochyena already evolved into a Mightyena. :3

Yeah I've just arrived in Slateport, KO'd Brawly and my pokemon are still at level 20, the level cap for Watson is 25 right?

The first post is updated according to the "new level caps", starting at 15 and increasing by 5 every gym leader. However we didn't implement that until after Roxanne. In order to avoid over leveling, we decided the level cap would be 25 for Brawly, but also 25 for Watson. In hind sight everything would have worked out, because the in-game content was so little between the Stone and Knuckle badges. But, hindsight is 20/20. If it helps, what I did was beat Brawly, and moved on to Slateport city and trained there and along route 110 until my party was level 25. As soon as a Pokemon I'm using in my party reaches level 25, I put it in my PC. So now that my Pokemon are level 25, and I've fought Brawly but not Watson (and like, half way through the Knuckle and Dynamo badges), I'm ready to battle... does that make sense? Sorry if this is confusing... it's just me trying to cover my ass for making the original level caps too high. But as soon as we get to the Dynamo badge, everything should be smooth sailing :)

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Damn yeah I guess there's maintenance :( oh well, can't be helped.

Yeah, maintenance has been going all day. :/
    I've also been wanting to know, is the level cap before the third gym 25?
    I'm nervous about leveling up my pokmeon past 20 for the sake of the rules. I've already beaten the second gym, but my pokemon are still level 20, same team.

stzy

Years
    Yeah, maintenance has been going all day. :/
    I've also been wanting to know, is the level cap before the third gym 25?
    I'm nervous about leveling up my pokmeon past 20 for the sake of the rules. I've already beaten the second gym, but my pokemon are still level 20, same team.

Yes, so you're level cap right now (going by what's going on in my head, hopefully y'all are with me on this) is 25. However it will remain 25 during the next section, too. So if you were to venture into Slateport and route 110 and train until your party was level 25, there wouldn't be many consequences in terms of over-leveling come the next section. Does this make sense? :s

I'm assuming you're in the same position I was: just beat Brawly with little to no in-game content left, but needing to grind to level 25. So yeah, as I said in a post above, I just went ahead and dipped to Slateport. I know this seems sketchy, and it kinda is, but I promise by next badge everything will be cool <3 lol

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Yes, so you're level cap right now (going by what's going on in my head, hopefully y'all are with me on this) is 25. However it will remain 25 during the next section, too. So if you were to venture into Slateport and route 110 and train until your party was level 25, there wouldn't be many consequences in terms of over-leveling come the next section. Does this make sense? :s

I'm assuming you're in the same position I was: just beat Brawly with little to no in-game content left, but needing to grind to level 25. So yeah, as I said in a post above, I just went ahead and dipped to Slateport. I know this seems sketchy, and it kinda is, but I promise by next badge everything will be cool <3 lol

Sounds fine to me,I'm in Slateport as well, just messing around, taking my sweet time to talk to everybody and do some fishing on the beach. :P (Slateport has always been my favorite city in Hoenn.) So I'll probably stroll through the levels rather than grind.
    If the PSS gets moving again I'll still be available for battle all night. :)

stzy

Years
    Sounds fine to me,I'm in Slateport as well, just messing around, taking my sweet time to talk to everybody and do some fishing on the beach. :P (Slateport has always been my favorite city in Hoenn.) So I'll probably stroll through the levels rather than grind.
    If the PSS gets moving again I'll still be available for battle all night. :)

Saaaame about the battling. And yeah Slateport is real. On that note, I'm really enjoying taking my time and training different Pokemon and whatnot this time around. It's something I've never really experienced before. Good show, friends, good show XD

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Whoa! I just have to say, I just got into Mauville city... it is so huge! It's nothing like I remember it at all! It really is cool how this game still feels nostalgic but it still constantly feels new and improved. I'm really glad I hopped back into the main franchise by playing this game, it's really impressed me so far. (Better late than never!)

stzy

Years
    Just beaten brawly now heading to granite cave then slayport then mauville. And are we battling after the dynamo badge or now?

So we're battling before the Dynamo badge :) so basically you're good to do everything up until the the Dynamo badge.

stzy

Years
    Hey does anyone have discord? It's like a game-chat client thing... it's pretty cool, if you guys wanted to use that shit I'd be down.

:D

In other news Global Link is still down and the website still says nothing is wrong...

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Hey does anyone have discord? It's like a game-chat client thing... it's pretty cool, if you guys wanted to use that **** I'd be down.

:D

In other news Global Link is still down and the website still says nothing is wrong...

So I just hopped onto the game, it seems that the PSS is up and running again. I'm available for battle today until about 1pm pacific.

Back