• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Paper Mario Redux

After which chapter should I add my own?

• Chapter 2: Mystery of the Dry Dry Ruins (TootanKoopa)

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Chapter 3: The "Invincible" Tubba Blubba

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Chapter 4: Trials in the Toy Box (Shy Guys)

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Chapter 5: Hot Hot Times on Lavalava Island (Lava Pirhanna)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 6: Dark Days in Flower Fields (Huff n Puff)

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Chapter 7: A Star Spirit on Ice (Crystal King)

Votes: 33 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverlordIcy

Overlord
Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    it is so both Mario and Luigi's type attacks will be super effective. I mean really he is the first boss of the game he has to be easy

So did you guys edit the types chart, because normally Grass attacks would be only Normal effective on Grass/Ground, unless Nintendo didn't add the type combo for grass and ground, seeing as that type combo didn't exist back then. Another idea, he could be Maybe a Rock/Fire type, or Steel/Fire Seeing as Mario and Luigi are both Fighting Types to start with, and BOTH of their "Elemental"(Fire for Mario, and Grass for Luigi) are both Not Very Effective, but their "Fighting" Moves are both Super Effective. It would also make a little bit more sense, or at least to me it does.

On another note: If you don't heal after killing the second koopa trainer(First one you HAVE to fight) Then you WILL DIE from the third Goomba you have to fight near the Police Officer(Toad in the New version you showed) Which i believe is kinda weird since you don't get mushrooms to start off with. Maybe lowering the Level of the Goomba or something to make it where you don't have to heal, or start off with maybe 3 or 5 Mushrooms.

Also, i went into the Pokemon Menu, and i can see that Mario was Charmander, and etc. You guys did plan to change those, right? or something?

I have also noticed that Bowser is extremely weak... My Lv 15 Bowser loses to a Level 10 Goomba all the time. Yes, i did use codes to catch Bowser, and to make wild Pokemon Level 10, to get more EXP Per kill. But when Goomba is Lv 10, he learns Skull Bash and is able to 2-3HKO Bowser at Level 15.

Last edited:

kyle?

Blaze
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2011
    sprites

If you need a spriter still i'm a good spriter mario maybe hard but i'll giv it a shot

OverlordIcy

Overlord
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2011
    I'm also gonna give you some "ideas" What do you think of custom Mario/Luigi Overword sprites so they actually look 2D? So they look like they were from "Paper" Mario

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I'm also gonna give you some "ideas" What do you think of custom Mario/Luigi Overword sprites so they actually look 2D? So they look like they were from "Paper" Mario
    what do you mean by that?

Years
  • I'd like to see the 7 koopalings, bowser jr. or Boshi in this hack.

P.S. If you gimme a pm with your e-mail address I'll edit the rom with some better mario sprites

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    >_< Why can only very few people read or look at the screenies in the first post?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I'd like to see the 7 koopalings, bowser jr. or Boshi in this hack.

P.S. If you gimme a pm with your e-mail address I'll edit the rom with some better mario sprites

Stop pretending to be a noob. Everyone knows that
    should read the first post before they post.

>_< Why can only very few people read or look at the screenies in the first post?

I agree. Some people nowadays are noobs...

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Update Notice

Wow, I haven't been on much lately, mainly because I've been focusing on school more than hacking (Final Exams and such). Well the school year is over now and I'll finally be able to get more done on this hack. I'm planning on having the Pre-Beta released this month and Beta 1 by the end of the summer. Which is good news, 12 Weeks or so should provide me with a good amount of time to get a great deal done :D.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    are you supposed to win against bowser i know thats the end but are you supposed to crush him

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    Is the woodhammer (witch is a item) also going to be able to use in battle like the game if you are maby you do the same with the jump shoes and like when you get the new jump shoes you can break though the things on the floor.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Hey, Red! It's .hackyosh! I like how far it's gotten!
    Good luck with it! :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Lol this seems funny, but you should rename some moves.

Example:
    Rapid spin to Shell toss
    Flamethrower/Ember to Fire ball

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Re:

Let's see... for updates...
    - Not much work has been done lately, but I'm working on changing the intro and such (and the overall beginning of the game).
    -I'll start actual hacking (ex: Scripting, Mapping, Etc) by this Friday, I've been to busy brain storming for the Pro-Prologue.

REPLIES

Is the woodhammer (witch is a item) also going to be able to use in battle like the game if you are maby you do the same with the jump shoes and like when you get the new jump shoes you can break though the things on the floor.

It would be really hard to implement using certain items during battle, unless you wanted to use them as HMs. Which would limit you to 2 non HM moves.

Hey, Red! It's .hackyosh! I like how far it's gotten!
    Good luck with it! :)

Hi .hackyosh! Err, Shiny Green Latias :P. Thanks for the support bar you made :), do you want me to change your name in the credits?

Lol this seems funny, but you should rename some moves.

Example:
    Rapid spin to Shell toss
    Flamethrower/Ember to Fire ball

I will end up changing the names, but really it doesn't have much effect unless the animations were changed (which I'll experiment with later on).

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • It's your call, red. :D
    If you want to change the name or put both in, it's your call.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2018
    Hay redyoshi I just thought of something if you can't think of what sould the hammer be hm or item then make two versions of the game one with hammer (and other things) as hm and one as items.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • It's your call, red. :D
    If you want to change the name or put both in, it's your call.

Right then ;)

Hay redyoshi I just thought of something if you can't think of what sould the hammer be hm or item then make two versions of the game one with hammer (and other things) as hm and one as items.

That wouldn't make a big difference, what I'm trying to do is not limit the amount of moves you can use

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back