• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2022
    Is there any Gameshark/ActionReplay codes working for this game? I tried some of the codes not working here,

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    I found a bug that crashes the game when you enter the Slateport harbor.

Emulator - VBA
    Gym Badges - 0
    Starter Chosen - "Suprise me"
    OS - Windows 10

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bro. Along with Inclement Emerald, this completes the Emerald Experience.
    You're making every future Emerald hack to be kinda redundant it's so good.

On that note, is it trade compatible with Inclement?
    Thanks, I try to make it better after each update.
    about your question: no, this game is not compatible with any other hack

The link is broken i can't download it

the link works, no idea why you can´t access to it.

Is there any Gameshark/ActionReplay codes working for this game? I tried some of the codes not working here,

There are no working cheat codes for this game, if you try to use them you may get your save corrupted or deleted so I advise you to stop trying to cheat.

I found a bug that crashes the game when you enter the Slateport harbor.

Emulator - VBA
    Gym Badges - 0
    Starter Chosen - "Suprise me"
    OS - Windows 10
    I'm sorry, but VBA is not supported for this game try playing in mGBA to see if the problem persist.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    How do you access Red? I just beat the E4 and Steven. I enjoyed the hack by the way.

Also, I encountered a weird bug where Mega Gyarados acts like a Water/Flying, even though it's supposed to be Water/Dark. It walled Ground-type moves and resisted Fighting-type moves.

I made a video of my playthrough of this hack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    How do you access Red? I just beat the E4 and Steven. I enjoyed the hack by the way.

Also, I encountered a weird bug where Mega Gyarados acts like a Water/Flying, even though it's supposed to be Water/Dark. It walled Ground-type moves and resisted Fighting-type moves.

I made a video of my playthrough of this hack.

Megas currently don't change types. Speed also doesn't update the turn it mega evolves. It's being worked on by Riolu.

Regarding Red, it's apparently a secret. No one has found the location of him, but he said he is indeed in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    The game always softlocks on me whenever I use Stealth Rock in Winona's rematches, whenever she sends out a pokemon that loses 50% of its health to Stealth Rock upon switch-in and uses its held berry, the game softlocks after the pokemon regains health from the berry.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    personally i find it funny how she is like; "Oh you dont have enough money" and then proceeds to break the fabric of reality

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I downloaded the latest prepatched version about a week ago.

This is me performing the glitch and then doing the tm with enough money.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonROM.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

We won't be able to help you if you use a pre-patched ROM. If you need help, please use the patch provided and start a new save file. Many issues occurring on this game are because people are using prepatched ROMs.

This is because the pre-patched ROM can come from many different base Emerald ROM sources and many don't use the correct base. We have a md5 hash checker on our Discord if you need reference.

With that said, it may be an issue in the official ROM. But please check after using the patch that we provided and then starting a new game.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Great Rom tbh I loved the concept and the mons are very nicely accesible
    Hard Mode is impossible though
    Got to Wallace and cant beat him whatsoever got really lucky with Drake but cant get past Wallace sucks thats the end of my journey

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Thx for the great rom, open world is a nice concept.
    Can we have access to the other mythicals/legendaries that are not listed in the docs, via wonder trading? Or are they not in the game at all?
    And there isn't any way for switches to work? I use myboy, and radical red, unbound and the last fire red are roms that I use switches, one with the other, I just have to be careful with items.
    Thanks again

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Thx for the great rom, open world is a nice concept.
    Can we have access to the other mythicals/legendaries that are not listed in the docs, via wonder trading? Or are they not in the game at all?
    And there isn't any way for switches to work? I use myboy, and radical red, unbound and the last fire red are roms that I use switches, one with the other, I just have to be careful with items.
    Thanks again

Most non-Emerald Legends/Mythicals aren't available yet. When they are, they will be blacklisted so you can't obtain them in a trade.

By switches, are you referring to Nintendo Switch? Many emulators aren't supported and will crash often. Android's recommend emulator is MyBoy and PC is mGBA.

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Most non-Emerald Legends/Mythicals aren't available yet. When they are, they will be blacklisted so you can't obtain them in a trade.

By switches, are you referring to Nintendo Switch? Many emulators aren't supported and will crash often. Android's recommend emulator is MyBoy and PC is mGBA.

No I wrote it wrong, I was referring to trades, with others roms

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    One other thing, the natures mints don't actually change the mons natures? I gave adamant mint to cubone and it didn't change

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    One other thing, the natures mints don't actually change the mons natures? I gave adamant mint to cubone and it didn't change
    There is a bug in the summary screen where it does not change the color if you have a hidden nature and displays the normal nature colors instead, this will be fixed in the next update but it is only a graphical error and it does change the pokemon stats using the hidden nature in this update

No I wrote it wrong, I was referring to trades, with others roms
    The hacks you listed are all made using the same engine (Custom Fire Red Upgrade that uses binary hacking) and do little to no change to the pokemon structure between games and that's why they can trade between games, this game instead uses the emerald decompilation(a completely different way of modifying the game) and has a custom engine that changes the pokemon structure making trading between other games impossible

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Thanks riolu for the explanations, great work on the hack.

Back