• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello everyone, today I would like to bring you an update for this game, the most notable feature should be the new
    start menu that should be easier to understand than the other updates used, Trade compatibility with vanilla games,
    along with a new mode and a lot of little changes that should make the game better than before
    The palette swaps are still being worked on and will come in a future update along with the new starter chosing menu

Changelog 1.6.2
    -Added a new mode, Random Party Mode, this mode randomizes your whole Party to a different species depending to your
    badge count and the Pokemon level and also Randomizes every enemy Pokemon
    -Added a new Start Menu with a lot of features and easier to understand than the start menu on other updates
    -Remade the Hoenn Map to look better and list some locations like Meteor Cave, Shoal Cave and other places like in future games
    -Made all the Pokemon have different colors based in their personality like in Pokemon Stadium, these colors are
    only noticeable in battle and have no impact in the gameplay
    -Added a new evolution method for Meltan, you will need a party full of meltans and level it up to level 53 for this to work
    -Now evolving a spewpa should give you a random colored Vivillon
    -Now the game won't randomize Audino on any mode, this will make every save have the same spots where you could find audino, it does not matter if you
    have Randomized mode or Random Party mode to make it easier to level up your Pokemon
    -Added daily rematches to some trainers to make it easier to train and get money
    -Fixed some field effects palette being wrong(arrows, exclamation bubbles, etc)
    -Remade the Slowbroite and Shell bell script to account for the changes made to the Shoal Cave
    -Added trade compatibility with Vanilla games, this way you can transfer your pokemon up to Gen 8 but they won't be legit but that is another matter, trading
    master balls from another game won't work since they will work as normal pokeballs, but you can trade some unobtainable legendaries to ROWE like Suicune, Raikou and Entei, trades are disabled for Full Randomized Mode and No Evolution Mode.
    -Now normal trainers will have random evs based on your badge count, this is disabled on easy mode.
    -Fixed Scyther and Gligar families not learning Roost
    -Removed the Master Ball from the lotery corner
    -Fixed the Summary Screen not taking into account the hidden nature when coloring the stats
    -Fixed rare candies going over the level caps
    -Fixed some typos
    -Fixed the move tutor freezing your game if you don't have enough money
    -Fixed other bugs, added some improvements and changes over the last version

Here is the download link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/pzon1hu5cjej0zo/Pokemon_ROWE.zip/file

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    Can you change the ability moody to gen V - VII (with accuracy and evasion boosts) ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    The game still locks up in rematches where Winona sends out a pokemon that loses 50% of its max HP to Stealth Rock.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The game still locks up in rematches where Winona sends out a pokemon that loses 50% of its max HP to Stealth Rock.

Is that the only time the freeze occurs? What emulator are you using?

If you want a quicker response, you can join the discord noted on the first post of this thread.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good night everyone, I would like to bring you a little update with some things that i forgot to enable the past update
    this includes a Spiky Eared Pichu mystery gift and some little fixes

Changelog 1.6.2.1
    -Modified how the Random Party Mode gets your Pokemon moves so you will get more damaging moves because you could get 4 useless moves
    making it really difficult at the start of the game
    -Added a new Mystery gift: Spiky Eared Pichu, you can get it in Mauville Pokemon center, it comes with exiolite and works with it like a normal Pichu
    -Fixed some typos and added some misc changes like dragon darts "working" again
    -Added Red Location to the documentation for those who actually read things

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    Hi riolu,

there seems to be a problem with the pokemon abilities. I caught a ratata with the normal ability Run Away but however when i evolved to raticate the ability become the hidden ability Hustle. I dont think it is supposed to change from a normal ability to a hidden ability on its own right?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There a problem on the battle scene when throwing a pokeball... I can't use the R button to throw pokeball.. is it a bug?..also after I caught zigzagon (GEN 8) it's form in pokedex didn't change at all..

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    There a problem on the battle scene when throwing a pokeball... I can't use the R button to throw pokeball.. is it a bug?..also after I caught zigzagon (GEN 8) it's form in pokedex didn't change at all..

Same here too

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    Also how to use DEXNAV?

Press start and go to the icon that looks like the magnifying glass and it will show the list of pokemon that you can find in that route. Navigate to the pokemon you want to catch and press R to register the pokemon so when you press R it will auto nav that pokemob

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    Also when i use the DexNav, it start to get laggy after using for some time. Sometimes, the screen just crashed and stuck there. Not sure is it the emulator problem, i using myboy by the way

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    Is that the only time the freeze occurs? What emulator are you using?

If you want a quicker response, you can join the discord noted on the first post of this thread.

Haven't seen it on any other trainer so far, but I have seen this happen on two different pokémon: Vivillon and Butterfree. The controls lock up as soon as either of these are sent out, lose 50% health to Stealth Rock, and then use their held berries to heal themselves. Music keeps playing but pressing buttons does nothing, and no amount of waiting restores control back to me.
    Oh yeah, I'm using mGBA.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    HI

There is a documentation with GYM and BOSS TEAM?

There doesn't appear to be any documentation regarding the gym leaders teams. But keep in mind it changes depending on how many badges you have. So their team and levels will vary with each additional badge

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Also when i use the DexNav, it start to get laggy after using for some time. Sometimes, the screen just crashed and stuck there. Not sure is it the emulator problem, i using myboy by the way

I also deal with lag on my hardware. However if you're dealing with crashes that's a different story. Did you patch the game yourself or download it prepatched?

Also, MyBoy is compatible so it wouldn't be the cause.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Game done, I'll say ROWE is now one of the best romhacks I've played along with Inclement Emerald, Radical Red and Unbound, the only thing that I miss in ROWE is more Pokémon balance changes (rebalanced stats, new abilities, movesets, etc, like in Drayano, Luuma or Buffel Saft romhacks) , which speaking of, I found it pretty "weird" that almost all of the (little) balance changes are only for a few Pokémon of first gens or so and that's it, 5, 6, 7 or 8 gen pokes are almost all (if not all) like in Vanilla versions.

That's my only "complaint" about the game, everything else is just fantastic.

Last edited:

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Game done, I'll say ROWE is now one of the best romhacks I've played along with Inclement Emerald, Radical Red and Unbound, the only thing that I miss in ROWE is more Pokémon balance changes (rebalanced stats, new abilities, movesets, etc, like in Drayano, Luuma or Buffel Saft romhacks) , which speaking of, I found it pretty "weird" that almost all of the (little) balance changes are only for a few Pokémon of first gens or so and that's it, 5, 6, 7 or 8 gen pokes are almost all (if not all) like in Vanilla versions.

That's my only "complaint" about the game, everything else is just fantastic.

For me it's OK to have little changes on pokes, what I like most is QoL changes and tons of new mechanics and new events. What I'm missing in this hack are the teams magma and aqua boss fights (at least I didn't find any yet). About mechanics, I miss the z moves, and dynamax, don't know if it's possible to implement.

The updates are just getting better, thanks Riolu.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    For me it's OK to have little changes on pokes, what I like most is QoL changes and tons of new mechanics and new events. What I'm missing in this hack are the teams magma and aqua boss fights (at least I didn't find any yet). About mechanics, I miss the z moves, and dynamax, don't know if it's possible to implement.

The updates are just getting better, thanks Riolu.

There is no story, therefore no Magma/Aqua battles. Mega evolution is present, but Z moves and dynamax isn't implemented and I'm unsure if Riolu has plans to bring them back.

Back