• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Hi loving the game, I am a completionist dex-runner and this game caters to me so well so great job on it!!
    I have a weird bug, sometimes using the dexnav pokemon will not register as seen even though I've encountered/even catched them. Examples include weepinbell in route 117, hitmonlee and hitmonchan in route 112, and sandslash and gabite in route 111. The dexnav shows them as "?" even though they're registered in my dex! Really weird bug, since it hasn't happened until I updated the rom recently with the newest patch, so maybe something went wrong there, but anyway i LOVE this hack so much, thank you so much for making it! <3

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi loving the game, I am a completionist dex-runner and this game caters to me so well so great job on it!!
    I have a weird bug, sometimes using the dexnav pokemon will not register as seen even though I've encountered/even catched them. Examples include weepinbell in route 117, hitmonlee and hitmonchan in route 112, and sandslash and gabite in route 111. The dexnav shows them as "?" even though they're registered in my dex! Really weird bug, since it hasn't happened until I updated the rom recently with the newest patch, so maybe something went wrong there, but anyway i LOVE this hack so much, thank you so much for making it! <3

the dexnav only registers the first stages since thats what the encounter table uses, try making your first mon hold an everstone if you want to complete the dexnav

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2021
    The documentation explains that the PokeDex tells you how to evolve certain Pokemon, but for Magmar it says "Trade while holding Magmerizer". How do I actually evolve Magmar and Electabuzz please?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    The documentation explains that the PokeDex tells you how to evolve certain Pokemon, but for Magmar it says "Trade while holding Magmerizer". How do I actually evolve Magmar and Electabuzz please?

Try reading the notepads before asking anything. There's a tradeback guy in Slateform City to perform trade evolutions, located where the nickname rater was.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2021
    Thanks. The first result on Google for Pokemon Rowe goes to a different website, and that download doesn't have any notepad files in the rar.

Also, when I caught Magby he was holding a Magmarizer, but I've caught about 20 Elekids and found no Electricizer. Where do I get one?

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Thanks. The first result on Google for Pokemon Rowe goes to a different website, and that download doesn't have any notepad files in the rar.

Also, when I caught Magby he was holding a Magmarizer, but I've caught about 20 Elekids and found no Electricizer. Where do I get one?

oh it doesn't have the informative files?? That's weird
    Anyway, I think that the magmarizer/electricizer are in their rare items spots (aka 5% to hold) but iirc they are available at the lilycove store after you get 6 badges

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The Cut Trees only use the first five encounters on the encounter table, similar to a Rock Smash and/or Surf encounter, and only the daytime encounters at that. This makes the other Pokemon in Littleroot Town and Sootopolis City's encounter table unobtainable. Either the Cut Trees need to be altered, or the encounter tables for the previously mentioned cities need to be modified in order to account for this. Great job with the changes to Lilycove City's encounters, by the way. Wasn't expecting that when 1.2.0 arrived.

Edit: Also, can you increase the encounter rate of the Rock Smash Pokemon, Having to spend hours just to get a Shuckle, Binacle, and Rolycoly is NOT fun.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2021
    I have a idea what if the Pokémon walk with you in the overworld also your rom hack is amazing keep it up

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • So I'm having some dexnav issues. I'm trying to get a certain pokemon on Route 112 and I know it's a hidden mon. I'm trying to use the dexnav to get it and everytime I get the shaking grass, and get on the tile, it stops shaking what's going on?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    I have some bugs to report!~
    Anchor shot has a mistake in text - "Strangles the foe with a chain. The foe can't flinch" this is (imo) incorrect because it's supposed to be "the foe can't flee". I believe the in-battle effects are correct though!
    Another bug is that I cannot get Ponyta (galarian) to evolve without the game crashing. Dunno why, each time mGBA decides to explode when she wants to evolve!
    And finally, Cramorant seems to be sometimes missing from the dexNav even though I've caught her multiple times, when exiting and re-entering an area where she can be caught sometimes it will still appear as an "?" (when encountered and opened again, shows Cramorant where the "?" was).
    Hopefully this was helpful !~ loving this hack by far my favorite one and I've played too many..

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    Hey! Loving the game. How do I fly? I have flying types in my party and I did beat the necessary gym. How do I fly?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2022
    Hi! first of all, tell you that it is one of the best hacks that I have played for emerald 😁

I am currently playing on Myboy! Because I always like this emulator, I have read that it has problems, two bugs i find like, when you capture a shiny, in his summary, the pokemon sprite appears as normal and in certain moments and places (I don't know, its rare 😆), when you use the dexnav, freeze the game.

But however I can play it without problems, i beat the hall of fame in normal mode and now im playing in random mode with 6 medals.

So, after having tried some new pokemons, which I have never tried (Grimmsnarl for example) I have tree questions for your next versions:

In the future, could you do from gen1-8 have a chance to catch them all in both modes (random and normal)?
    Could you modify the Battle Frontier pokemons to make it more varied and fun with any from gen4-8?
    Maybe it's me that I've missed something and i should try Pizza Boy for better gameplay 😅?

Anyway, I admire your effort and work, I think this hack is wonderful, thanks for give us 😍

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    My Delibird with the ability Vital Spirit picks up items, as if it had the ability Pickup. My Volt Absorb Pachirisu does the same. Delibird's pseudo-Pickup overrides the item it holds, loosing the original item in the process.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2021
    hey also when i fly to route 120 i end up in the water but im walking on it instead of surfing also cant get out without fly or teleport so if you fly there with the flying taxis and you dont have fly/teleport then you get softlocked just thought i should report this

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    hey also when i fly to route 120 i end up in the water but im walking on it instead of surfing also cant get out without fly or teleport so if you fly there with the flying taxis and you dont have fly/teleport then you get softlocked just thought i should report this

I flew there but didn't end up on water. Maybe it's your rom? What version is it? Did you patch it yourself or download it as a rom?

Years
    • Seen today
    My Delibird with the ability Vital Spirit picks up items, as if it had the ability Pickup. My Volt Absorb Pachirisu does the same. Delibird's pseudo-Pickup overrides the item it holds, loosing the original item in the process.

i will take a look at that and try to fix it for the next update

hey my only question is where do i find the glalitite? its the only one i really need

The documentations that come with the download has all that kind of information

It seems you are using a past version of this game, this issue was addressed some time ago

Hi! first of all, tell you that it is one of the best hacks that I have played for emerald 😁

I am currently playing on Myboy! Because I always like this emulator, I have read that it has problems, two bugs i find like, when you capture a shiny, in his summary, the pokemon sprite appears as normal and in certain moments and places (I don't know, its rare 😆), when you use the dexnav, freeze the game.

But however I can play it without problems, i beat the hall of fame in normal mode and now im playing in random mode with 6 medals.

So, after having tried some new pokemons, which I have never tried (Grimmsnarl for example) I have tree questions for your next versions:

In the future, could you do from gen1-8 have a chance to catch them all in both modes (random and normal)?
    Could you modify the Battle Frontier pokemons to make it more varied and fun with any from gen4-8?
    Maybe it's me that I've missed something and i should try Pizza Boy for better gameplay 😅?

Anyway, I admire your effort and work, I think this hack is wonderful, thanks for give us 😍

The Dexnav Issue is related to MyBoy! thats why it isnt supported, the battle frontier update may come at some point but right now its not a priority there are a lot of things that i would like to balance first, you can already catch them all(but legendaries at the moment) on normal mode, on randomized mode that will never be possible because every save file has a different encounter table and its nearly impossible to make it possible to catch everything on every possible save

Last edited:
    Back