• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Issues don't inherently mean bugs, in this context I'm referring to flawed and poorly implemented ideas that do little to nothing for the game other than turning it into a less enjoyable experience. :)

Edit: I'm sorry, I don't ever post so I'm not sure how to respond to your post!

No need to apologize. I was just unsure which ideas you felt were poorly implemented. I understand the lack of cries is unpopular, but that opens the door to double the rom space by removing them. Riolu is open to suggestions, if you have some.

how download this?

Click on "Online Patcher" to patch the rom using an unmodified EM rom.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wanted to show off a new surprise feature of the next update 1.8.4

Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)
    [/url][/IMG]

Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)
    [/url][/IMG]

I'm legit enjoying messing around with this. I think you guys will, too!

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I'm curious what are all the pokemon affected by Light ball? Does Pachirisu work with it?

Also a minor thing about cleffa family, in the Pokedex it says they have Huge Power instead of Shooting Star. Also Clefable can't use softboiled in the overworld but he learns it through tutor.

Thank you for this great hack 🙏

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm curious what are all the pokemon affected by Light ball? Does Pachirisu work with it?

Also a minor thing about cleffa family, in the Pokedex it says they have Huge Power instead of Shooting Star. Also Clefable can't use softboiled in the overworld but he learns it through tutor.

Thank you for this great hack 🙏

The entire Pichu family, although it's 1 stage boost for Raichu instead of 2. It also works on Minun and Plusle as well as a few others (can't remember if it does for Pachirisu.) You can test it using the "Show damage done" in settings then going into battle with it equipped.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just wanted to show off a new surprise feature of the next update 1.8.4

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

I'm legit enjoying messing around with this. I think you guys will, too!

Since this picture does literally no justice to the feature Riolu made, let me explain.

Using the first six slots of box 1 in your PC, the game will use the Pokemon in those slots as their own Pokemon, so you can battle them. It uses their IV's/EV's, ability, current moveset, nickname, held item and nature in the battle.

Now you can battle 6 Lv.100 Audinos with only tackle or a legendary team with full EV's and competitive movesets. Look for that on the next update!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    How can I use DexNav?
    I'm trying to find a reuniclus with it's hidden ability but I don't know how to recognize one, the DexNav says 0 encounters always , the search level max 1 and the bonus 0

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
    Since this picture does literally no justice to the feature Riolu made, let me explain.

Using the first six slots of box 1 in your PC, the game will use the Pokemon in those slots as their own Pokemon, so you can battle them. It uses their IV's/EV's, ability, current moveset, nickname, held item and nature in the battle.

Now you can battle 6 Lv.100 Audinos with only tackle or a legendary team with full EV's and competitive movesets. Look for that on the next update!

I though tha the pictu referred t oppoments being able to use custom Pokeballs!

Years
    • Seen today
    How can I use DexNav?
    I'm trying to find a reuniclus with it's hidden ability but I don't know how to recognize one, the DexNav says 0 encounters always , the search level max 1 and the bonus 0

The DexNav funcionality has been broken on this romHack for ages. There was a serious bug related to that that has never been fixed/adressed. So the search level for different Pokemon in the DexNav always resets to 0
    To be honest though, i hope it will eventually be fixed... instead to continuosly add more features when (some) old features are still broken or does't work as intended

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, it's possible to edit EV's?

To edit EV's:
    - If level 90+: Change as often as you'd like on the stat screen by pressing "A" and using the left/right arrows to add/subtract.
    - If removing: Use EV Berries located in Lavaridge town.
    - If adding: Power items are great. They give 20 EV's for each KO and ignore other gained EV's.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I know the entire point of this hack is open world..but hear me out.. Emerald Crest has an option to Toggle On & Off between Open World option. Can you do that here? Please your hack is awesome but I am an NPC who wants to play it in story mode.
    Thank you

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know the entire point of this hack is open world..but hear me out.. Emerald Crest has an option to Toggle On & Off between Open World option. Can you do that here? Please your hack is awesome but I am an NPC who wants to play it in story mode.
    Thank you

To keep this truly open world, Rilou has decided to rid the story mode. Generally all people who play this game have experienced the story mode in vanilla or another hack already. His focus is finishing the locations for the legends, Sevii Islands/Kanto and changes to Gen 4+ Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Is every gym leader a double battle after badge number 5?
    I played up to the first Elite 4 member out of curiosity and it seems that the game switches gears towards double battles after the beginning.
    Playing on Hard mode without enabling the Double Battles feature btw.
    Imposter Ditto also seemed to break double battles when you switch to it on later turns. It kept copying its own Imposter ability leading to an endless loop you had to soft reset from.

Anyway this is still one of the better romhacks in my opinion, great job.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is every gym leader a double battle after badge number 5?
    I played up to the first Elite 4 member out of curiosity and it seems that the game switches gears towards double battles after the beginning.
    Playing on Hard mode without enabling the Double Battles feature btw.
    Imposter Ditto also seemed to break double battles when you switch to it on later turns. It kept copying its own Imposter ability leading to an endless loop you had to soft reset from.

Anyway this is still one of the better romhacks in my opinion, great job.

Regarding your first question about doubles, you're correct. Leaders 1-4 rematch are single battles, while 5-8 and E4 are all forced doubles.

There seem to be some issues with double battles and some of the new custom abilities. If you play on single as much as possible, you won't encounter many bugs.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hola buenas tardes un par de preguntas como le hago para que mis pokemon tengan los todos los ivs al 31 puesto que las proteínas me dicen que no tienen ningún efecto y están en 0 o menos de 31.
    Y como le puedo hacer para cambiar la naturaleza a mi pokemon para que sea favorable?!

Years
    Hola buenas tardes un par de preguntas como le hago para que mis pokemon tengan los todos los ivs al 31 puesto que las proteínas me dicen que no tienen ningún efecto y están en 0 o menos de 31.
    Y como le puedo hacer para cambiar la naturaleza a mi pokemon para que sea favorable?!

Machine translation from Spanish:

Hello, good afternoon, a couple of questions, how do I do so that my pokemon have all the ivs at 31 since the proteins tell me that they have no effect and are at 0 or less than 31.
    And how can I change the nature of my pokemon so that it is favorable?!

The FAQ from the first post will provide the answers. Regarding natures:

Can I change my Pokémon Abilities/Natures?
    Yes, to change the ability of your Pokémon for the other normal Ability you need an Ability Capsule that can be bought in Oldale Town in the house behind the Pokémon Center, and for a Hidden ability you need an Ability Patch, you can get it in Pacifidlog Town in exchange for 1 Yellow Shard

Regarding IVs, there is a Perfect IV mode; in that mode all mons will have 31 IVs. Other than that I have no idea how to modify the IVs (I admit I have played this hack very briefly a year ago but still eyeing on it), but it is possible iirc. You can check the Discord as well; the Discord link is at the first page.

Finally, I deliberately responded in English rather than Spanish, so I hope you will understand my responses.

Back