• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    I got a error in mgba when i just got Choice Specs for Typhlosion and gave it to him and after leaveing the building the game just crashed >:(

TheHopelessThrumbo

Ze Flooftower
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    For some bizarre reason, the last letter in my Trainer's name changed from U to T after updating to 1.9.0.1, is there any reason to that, or a way to correct it without starting a NG+ save? For reference, my emulator is RetroArch w/ mGBA as a core, and I did the patching process locally (and it went without a hitch). What's even more weird, my party retained their OT with the correct name.
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I got a error in mgba when i just got Choice Specs for Typhlosion and gave it to him and after leaveing the building the game just crashed >:(

What rom patcher did you use?

For some bizarre reason, the last letter in my Trainer's name changed from U to T after updating to 1.9.0.1, is there any reason to that, or a way to correct it without starting a NG+ save? For reference, my emulator is RetroArch w/ mGBA as a core, and I did the patching process locally (and it went without a hitch). What's even more weird, my party retained their OT with the correct name.
    Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Yes. Go to the main menu and put in the Konami code (Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A) and it will allow renaming of your character.

We have had many reports of the name change, but there doesn't seem to be any correlation between the infected save files.

Days
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Hey are the elite 4 trainers on the "normal" difficulty double battles? I love the game, but I just gave up when I got to the E4 on hard difficulty when I found out they'd all be double battles. It was bad enough when a couple gyms were made doubles, and then Wally. Double battles aren't any harder, but require completely different team composition so it's really frustrating to just have that thrown in at the end even when the player has specified that they don't want to play in double battle mode.

Anyway I'd really like to complete a run of the game, but I can't find info anywhere on if the E4 is doubled up for the normal difficulty, and I definitely don't want to play through the whole game again just to find out that I have to totally change my team

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey are the elite 4 trainers on the "normal" difficulty double battles? I love the game, but I just gave up when I got to the E4 on hard difficulty when I found out they'd all be double battles. It was bad enough when a couple gyms were made doubles, and then Wally. Double battles aren't any harder, but require completely different team composition so it's really frustrating to just have that thrown in at the end even when the player has specified that they don't want to play in double battle mode.

Anyway I'd really like to complete a run of the game, but I can't find info anywhere on if the E4 is doubled up for the normal difficulty, and I definitely don't want to play through the whole game again just to find out that I have to totally change my team

On all difficulties, they are doubles. Only way around it is to bring one Pokemon with you.

Days
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    Dang that's a shame. Seems really counterintuitive to give players the option to turn off double battle mode, and then just make all the most important battles doubles anyway. I feel like this should at least be noted upfront in the description or early in the game so people know that this is a very double-battle focused game before they decide to play it. I hope there's eventually a way to turn that off, at least for the E4. I had just found this romhack and I really wanted to recommend it to my friends but I think a lot of them will be disappointed by having to drastically change their team near the end of the game just like I was. Tons of strategies and even specific moves and pokemon just straight up don't work for doubles, especially on the hard difficulty, and no one wants to have to scrap their entire singles strategy/team upon suddenly learning it won't work for the rest of the game

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    Dang that's a shame. Seems really counterintuitive to give players the option to turn off double battle mode, and then just make all the most important battles doubles anyway. I feel like this should at least be noted upfront in the description or early in the game so people know that this is a very double-battle focused game before they decide to play it. I hope there's eventually a way to turn that off, at least for the E4. I had just found this romhack and I really wanted to recommend it to my friends but I think a lot of them will be disappointed by having to drastically change their team near the end of the game just like I was. Tons of strategies and even specific moves and pokemon just straight up don't work for doubles, especially on the hard difficulty, and no one wants to have to scrap their entire singles strategy/team upon suddenly learning it won't work for the rest of the game

yeah the game tries to be very hard for some reason even though it dosen't have to be. I don't really know why the devs make the elite 4 forced double battles it just dosen't make any sense for a difficulty spike i struggled with the elite 4 but i found a way around it

Days
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    I don't really even mind the difficulty of the E4 in hard mode being really hard, I think the problem I have is that doubles aren't harder, they're just different. So you could have a totally viable singles team of your favorite Pokémon or a strategy you're excited about, and then have to scrap the whole team once you get to Wally, because every important battles from then on is doubles.

For example, a Pokémon that's meant to come out and set something up like toxic, and then use moves like recover or protect to bide time, can work really well in singles. But in doubles? That Pokémon comes out, uses the setup move, then dies to two hits in a row. Tons of Pokémon can tank one hit and survive, but tanking two in a row from getting targeted by both enemy Pokémon narrows your options down significantly. Same thing with confusing the enemy or trying to make them flinch (serene grace). That strategy becomes nowhere near as good when there are TWO incoming attacks, so you can't stunlock anyone. Not to mention that tons of great moves like Surf, Earthquake, and Discharge become completely useless in doubles (unless you build your team very specifically around them) because they hit your allies.

It just sucks to raise a Pokémon or entire team throughout the game, and then suddenly have to put it in the PC box forever and start over because suddenly you're on Doubles Only mode for the rest of the game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2024
    I don't really even mind the difficulty of the E4 in hard mode being really hard, I think the problem I have is that doubles aren't harder, they're just different. So you could have a totally viable singles team of your favorite Pokémon or a strategy you're excited about, and then have to scrap the whole team once you get to Wally, because every important battles from then on is doubles.

For example, a Pokémon that's meant to come out and set something up like toxic, and then use moves like recover or protect to bide time, can work really well in singles. But in doubles? That Pokémon comes out, uses the setup move, then dies to two hits in a row. Tons of Pokémon can tank one hit and survive, but tanking two in a row from getting targeted by both enemy Pokémon narrows your options down significantly. Same thing with confusing the enemy or trying to make them flinch (serene grace). That strategy becomes nowhere near as good when there are TWO incoming attacks, so you can't stunlock anyone. Not to mention that tons of great moves like Surf, Earthquake, and Discharge become completely useless in doubles (unless you build your team very specifically around them) because they hit your allies.

It just sucks to raise a Pokémon or entire team throughout the game, and then suddenly have to put it in the PC box forever and start over because suddenly you're on Doubles Only mode for the rest of the game.

yeah i had to remade my team just for the rest of those important battles at least red's fight isn't in doubles battle

Years
    • Him
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I've been loving this fan game and since pokemon Rowe's last update I've almost everything and I have a couple of questions about it because I really can use the help, first where can i find the memories for sylvally?, and how do i go to viridian city?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've been loving this fan game and since pokemon Rowe's last update I've almost everything and I have a couple of questions about it because I really can use the help, first where can i find the memories for sylvally?, and how do i go to viridian city?

I believe the memories can be bought in Rustboro City, at Devon Corp. first floor. You may need a certain amount of badges to access them. Viridian City, along with all of Kanto currently is inaccessible. Maybe within the next year or so it'll be complete.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2023
    Is the move expanding force missing in verson 1.9.0.1 ? Can't find it for any Physic pokemons from the blue nurse…

Back