• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ranger Discussion

Socratic

Howdy
Years
  • The Pokemon Ranger series tells a story of Rangers attempting to protect the natural balance of the environment in each of their regions. Against villainous musicians, cruel hearted teachers, and a group of old folks, the regions Fiore, Almia, and Oblivia all need to be saved by the power of friendship!
    Or something.

Have any of you guys played the Pokemon Ranger Spin-off titles? If so, what did you think? If no, why not? Feel free to discuss :p

Years
  • When I used to play Pokemon Ranger I really enjoyed it, the concept was really cool, and the games were generally well done. I think I only played the first two on DS but they were pretty fun.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I'd Pokémon Ranger for quite a bit, I remember befriending certain Pokémon I'd liked and wouldn't want to use/release them cause I'd liked watching it follow me lol.

Also, I remember the only thing that kept me going for the games was collecting all the partner Pokémon (the pokémon that always stay with you). Pachirisu & Misdreavus were my favorites <3

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I've never played any of them, they're on my list sometime after the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games. I really don't know much about any of them, but they seem to be relatively interesting and I'm excited to check out the regions in which they take place.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Shadows of Almia is one of my favorite games, honestly, not just in the Ranger series. I really loved the story behind it and I've played it a few times; I might restart it soon. I hope they add another Ranger series, as it's been skipped a few generations :( I didn't really like Guardian Signs as much, so maybe they don't think a new one'll make that much money, but I have no idea.

Socratic

Howdy
    Years
  • I hope as well for a new Ranger game, just to keep the series alive.
    One of the things I like about the Pokemon Ranger series is how there is so much continuity and connection with the prior games in the franchise; Prof. Hastings is always around, Murph is always around... Maybe they are just little thingd, but I really enjoy seeing the same characters around in multiple different games.
    The same applies to Mystery Dungeon, too, I suppose.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Shadow of Almia is actually my second favourite of all the spin-off games. I remember sinking so many hours into that game and the storyline was just so engaging. It would be great to have a 3DS Ranger game but with it being so long since the last release, I'm starting to wonder if there will ever be a 4th?

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • I have only been able to play one of the Ranger games, Guardian Signs, but it's my favourite Pokemon game of them all.
    The battle system is improved from the previous Rangers, I hear.

Overworld encounters with Pokemon is much better than tall grass.
    Recruiting Pokemon to help you clear real-world elemental obstacles is the best.
    The story is engaging, as are the missions and locations and puzzles, which is simply something I don't find in the other Pokemon series.

The only weak points are the side missions in the past, which are frustrating, and the fact that your screen WILL get circular scratches on it over time.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I remember playing Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and the other (Guardian Signs I think?). I really loved Shadows of Almia, the story was absolutely amazing and I loved seeing Pokémon following me :3 Plus, the ranger concept is actually pretty cool ^^ To bad I can't play them right now ... They're in spanish \0/ And I can't change the language :/ ( When I was little I used to play in Spanish, since it's similiar to my language [Portuguese], but now I prefer English, and there're are words in Spanish which I don't understand at all)

Back