• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Red in full color?

Would you play through Red in full color? (GBC Graphics)

• Yes, definately!

Votes: 73 68.9%
  • Not sure...it depends.

Votes: 17 16.0%
  • No, it was better on the GB.

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters

Joltz

Pokemon Galactite
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2010
    I wouldn't play a remake of Red with crappy graphics. Like everyone was saying, there are 3rd gen games and now Pokemon Platinum is out who needs Pokemon Red/Blue. And also Heart Gold and Soul Silver are going to be realised soon too so what is the point of it.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I wouldn't play a remake of Red with crappy graphics. Like everyone was saying, there are 3rd gen games and now Pokemon Platinum is out who needs Pokemon Red/Blue. And also Heart Gold and Soul Silver are going to be realised soon too so what is the point of it.
    You may at least try and see it.

Years
  • I wouldn't play a remake of Red with crappy graphics. Like everyone was saying, there are 3rd gen games and now Pokemon Platinum is out who needs Pokemon Red/Blue. And also Heart Gold and Soul Silver are going to be realised soon too so what is the point of it.
    I think you're missing the point - people play the games for the replay value and nostalgia, but can't look past the old-style graphics. I'm playing Yellow now, and I'm not worried at all. Although I still wonder why the backsprites are a lower resolution than the normal sprites. =/

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years

Yeah, I agree. FR's out with much better graphics than the GBC Games, what's the point of it?

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    First gen is and always will be my favorite, and because of that, I don't think I'll ever play it will improved graphics. It's just so nostalgic with the cities changing color when you walk through them. I remember when I first got my Red version (I was four :x) I was battling the Rocket guy at the end of the Nugget Bridge (yeah, remember him?), and somehow I lost. The thing is, is when I ended up in Cerulean, I apparently thought that the dude had made me part of Team Rocket because of the color change. So I spent the next few days trying to steal that one guy's Jynx (who wants a Poliwhirl, anyways) until I figured out that I still had to beat the Rocket guy. xD

..of course, this comes from the kid who couldn't figure out how to leave the house at first. I had to have my dad figure it out D;

So, no, I don't think I'd ever play it in full color, although FireRed is a perfectly awesome game in its own right.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • It's a possible hack idea I was looking into, but I'm still not sure about it. Possibly....

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2009
    Yeah I would play it in full color. I remember the feeling of awesome when I first played Tetris in color. I freaked out.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Most Likely I'll try it, and if I like it. I'll Keep playing

ZINK3.0

Hacker Beginner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Sure I'd try it, but Yellow pretty much was like that, at least in battle. Each town had it's own "color" though.

Nah, Most of the pokemon had their unique colors.
    Except for the back sprites... They failed big time. Yellow and red gastly? NOOOOOOOO.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    Umm, I'm pretty sure Pokemon Stadium 2 was able to play the games in full color.

The color was significantly better, at least.

Years
  • You guys know that if you played Red or Blue on Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2 it would be in full color. Also if Pokémon Yellow was played on a GBC or GBA it would be in full color.

Last edited:

bat003

Pokemon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2019
    No, it was better on the GB.

No, it was better on the GB.

I you fix the old latter people in a few years will say it sux and its just another stupid game that old people like.
    But really it stared a hole new look at Pokemon and made a path for new games and helped minds grow and by pasted the cards and skiped the big screen and no one should have put it in gba but they did so now i say we the players have a say in what should be and what should happen to the the game we play and remember what had to be for to be and lets never let this out cry take us over we should fight for our games and history of them.

The Hawk

Swinub fan. Because they rock!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    Sounds awesome, if it was released as a hack or official game, I'd play it.

Back