• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rocks America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak

cool photos with that giant mudkip, i wish there was a giant psyduck though! many people cosplay in the LA area (cause of the many conventions and all) but i haven't noticed any pokemon cosplaying in the past two or three years, it must have died out.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I live in Houston!!! *gasps* That means Pokemon is coming to my town??? WEEEE! *celebrates* Ima hve to try and go.. Wait, does it cost anything to go there? O.o;; I need to know that..

*celebrates and dies*

~CaRtOON

Tweak

I can't wait either! San Diego is only an hour away from me. but, how can i see the videos if theres no picture?

where do you live, orange county?

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • There were huge Pokemon blow ups! it was awesome. they had a big screen t.v and these pokemon flag-type things. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO AT LEAST ONR OF THEM!!!! it is soooo fun.

The thing was I didnt make any friend WAHHHHH

Marisa

What'choo talkin' bout, Em? *I'LL* Be your friend. (Wait, you were Emma, right? Or Taylor? XD There were two girls on stage..)

Oh, and for whoever asked, entrance to the convention is 100% FREE, but things like cards or plushies will cost money if you want to buy them. ^^

Years
  • ash_misty4ever said:
    There were huge Pokemon blow ups! it was awesome. they had a big screen t.v and these pokemon flag-type things. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO TO AT LEAST ONR OF THEM!!!! it is soooo fun.

It's hard to make friends when you're there for only 4 hours and that's it! You have fun, and leave, and probably never see half those people again.

But then, a day later, you get on PokeCommunity.com and go: "Holy Cow, I saw yoo there!" And then you're friends. ^^; Whee!

So, I can be your friend too. And I also checked out your site on MSN! I'm like... a dormant Pokemon fan, so the .gifs you had were so adorable! ^.~

Years
  • koo, it looks like ya had fun, i rellay liked li and marisa's team rocket costumes, but i have a question wut games were shown cuz i heard dat they were showin previews of games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    *GASPS* MY MOM'S THINKING ABOUT TAKING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O I just need to know some things, before she decides. Okay, anyone who's been and knows the answers, and who will answer these simple questions, I will be eternally grateful to. T-T

I heard that it is free, is that right?

How long does it last? (When does it start, when does it end?)

For the one in Texas, isn't it at the Johnson Space Center? (I heard one space center, but I'm not sure. >_>)

And.. any other tips for having fun there would be appreciated. ^_^ *gets so wired up out of excitement that she blasts off to space*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Pok?mon Rocks Houston
    Saturday, November 8th
    10:00 am - 4 pm
    Space Center Houston (outside)
    I-45 South Exit, Nasa Parkway
    Cost:Free

That's all I know. ^_^;

Tweak

Yeah, I live in Orange County.

if you are going, or anyone else from south cali, and have pokemon gba maybe we can battle/trade. and have a little PC member gathering.

i'll be a freak and cosplay as haruka so really noticable (almost done with her costume, i'll post a pic of it later i have to add black part to the red shirt) :P

*two more weeks + to wait until it gets to SD!* (hopefully the wildfires will be cleared out!)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    *Mutters* Even if I move to the US, those three places are way~ too far from where I live. ;_; Unless I could get my mom to drive me to San Diego... But that's impossable at this moment. ;P Good luck people, have fun! XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Kairi said:
    Pok?mon Rocks Houston
    Saturday, November 8th
    10:00 am - 4 pm
    Space Center Houston (outside)
    I-45 South Exit, Nasa Parkway
    Cost:Free

That's all I know. ^_^;
    Thank you! T-T I've got to show this to my mom! I don't even know if she'll let me go anyways, since Houston's about 5 hours away from where I live. (And she's not liking the idea of driving 5 hours just for a Pok?mon thing, lol. ._.)

Last edited:

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • [/color]

[/SIZE][/FONT]
    Zapchu said:
    ;) i'll be in san deigo on *pokemon rocks* to take photos and collect news...also to have fun.

if anyone else is going please post. i'm going to college @ university of california at riverside (about an hour from san deigo).

Reply - I'm going to San Diego, Zapchu. If you see a girl with an Ash hat and a Pikachu peeping out of her backpack, ask her if she's pika-mew. She probably will be. Will anyone else who's going also look for me?

Tweak

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Reply - I'm going to San Diego, Zapchu. If you see a girl with an Ash hat and a Pikachu peeping out of her backpack, ask her if she's pika-mew. She probably will be. Will anyone else who's going also look for me?

i can imagine my situtation at that moment...*sees tons of pokemon fans with ash's hat and pikachu stuffies* :\

ONLY...few more days!! :P haruka/may cosplay completion? 10%

this event starts at 12:00 ends at 4pm? i beleive? someone correct me if i am wrong.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • Zapchu said:
    i can imagine my situtation at that moment...*sees tons of pokemon fans with ash's hat and pikachu stuffies* :\

ONLY...few more days!! :P haruka/may cosplay completion? 10%

this event starts at 12:00 ends at 4pm? i beleive? someone correct me if i am wrong.
    I thought of this problem as well and told it to my mom. She said that since it is the only costume I have I should wear it anyways. I thought of a solution, though. Look for my sign, which says, " I'm Ash Ketchum from the town of Pallet. I'm destined to be the world's # 1 Pokemon Trainer. I'll be glad to have a Pokemon battle with anyone who asks." Also, you were right about the time this ends but wrong about the time it starts, which is 10:00.

Last edited:

Tweak

I thought of this problem as well and told it to my mom. She said that since it is the only costume I have I should wear it anyways. I thought of a solution, though. Look for my sign, which says, " I'm Ash Ketchum from the town of Pallet. I'm destined to be the world's # 1 Pokemon Trainer. I'll be glad to have a Pokemon battle with anyone who asks." Also, you were right about the time this ends but wrong about the time it starts, which is 10:00.

10am is quite early. two more days! :confused:

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I hope the San Diego convention will be as fun as the Houston one, because if it is then y'all will have a blast! XD It's obvious that they try hard to make these kinds of events successful and fun.

Tweak

as i mentioned before in the art thread, i also made an ash adv gen cosplay. :) if anyone dares wear it, ask me tommorow at the event.

you have to be somewhere between 5'0''-5'7'' and 100lbs-135lbs i suppose. if you are a few pounds or inches off, i guess its okay. but if your too short the thing will go to your knees. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back