• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    Does it seem like more and more RPs are dying recently? Less and less people are posting? Let's hear your thoughts on whether or not its true or your opinion on why its happening.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Does it seem like more and more RPs are dying recently? Less and less people are posting? Let's here your thoughts on whether or not its true or your opinion on why its happening.

Maybe.

It's not that I won't RP...

It's just...

I can't seem to find an RP I like.

Sorry...

I'm pretty picky when it comes to RP's...

>_>

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    There will always be an increase of people during the summer, without school in the way.

Like myself, I am a student, and I don't have all the time in the world unfortunately. :S

Menasay

Mature Roleplayer
    Years
    I have three questions...

1. (And please don't refer me to another thread, I already read the rules and PG guidelines.) Where do we post our RP's we have made-up at?

2. What kind of details do you need for the roleplays so that they become accepted. (I have loads of ideas.)

3. Where do I post my profile?

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    1. (And please don't refer me to another thread, I already read the rules and PG guidelines.) Where do we post our RP's we have made-up at?

Depends on if it's a Pokemon related roleplay or not. If it is then you go to 'Pokemon Roleplay', click 'New Thread' and you submit it.
    If not than you do the same but in 'Other Roleplay'.

2. What kind of details do you need for the roleplays so that they become accepted. (I have loads of ideas.)

Try to take a look at the roleplays that have already been accepted. Basically you need to have a good plot outline with lots of detail, a nice lay-out for the topic (So that it is not all meshed together), a sign-up sheet for others to fill out and just the more you cover the better.

I'm not sure what you mean with profile so I'll leave this open.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    This section operates a bit differently than most dedicated RP sites out there, so I think this is my que...

Yeah, refer to the previous answer on this one. RPs are subsectioned by genre (pokémon on one side, everything else on the other). The main section is for discussion threads like this one.

What I require of an RP, in general terms, is a starting point for the RP, enough detail on the setting and backstory for people to understand what's going on, and detail on what the RPers will find themselves doing. Plus of course the obligatory sign-up sheet. Clean formating (meaning no color tags or unnecessary font shifts, proper spacing etc.), good grammar and spelling, and originality will all help. Contrary to what some will say, there is also no set 'right' length; it all depends on how much space you need to say what needs to be said.

As has been said, take a look at some of the recently approved RPs if you want a general idea of the level around and also try to make something that hasn't already been made many times over. Right now, starter lineups are all over the place so having a different approach would be refereshing.

Unlike some sites, you aren't restricted to a single character (though of course no-one is forcing you to play more than one) and we don't have a set place for storing profiles. Profiles are submitted individually for each RP you want to join, using the sign-up sheet provided in that RP.

Hope that helped.

And yeah, the RP sections do have their characteristic downtimes. There is always a big drop in activity in school start-up season, and then when school is over and people run out of useful things to do with their time we get a massive flood of RP activity.

Similarly, it tends to wobble back and forth between pokémon roleplay and other roleplay. Right now, it's heavily slanted towards PRP (more so than usual), at times we didn't have any pokémon RP activity whatsoever.

Eh, these things usually even themselves out with time, it's usually best to just expect a slower pace for a while. Not much you can do about it.

Last edited:

Eletj

Once Eletj, Always Eletj
    Years
    Does it seem like more and more RPs are dying recently? Less and less people are posting? Let's hear your thoughts on whether or not its true or your opinion on why its happening.

Nope, it's always been like this. Every so often you'll get a gem that'll last ages, but these are a rarity.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Pop Quiz: What would people think about a pokemon zombie RP? One with both human and pokemon zombies? Please post your thoughts!

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years

I think they just get a bit bored because it seems like the roleplay itself is slowing down in plot production. It happened to me, but then I just found another roleplay i enjoyed, and made a sign up even though the roleplay sign ups were closed. After that I was totally pumped to roleplay and post again.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Actually, I want to know, what do people like to see in a roleplay?

Ive just made a really bad RP so im going to make a new one, so what would everyone like to see in a roleplay that would make them:

a) Post in it and follow it along

and b) want to and enjoy playing it?

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I created an Rp called Deep Sea Heroes which i doubt will be approved because, i made the thread without making the Rp. First, but bascially i want to know how long to wait before, i try it again.

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I was just wondering if anyone would want to join a Role Play based on an academy, where we are all put into a school. You would each be placed into a "house" and each house is focused upon one or more types. For example, the forest house would be grass, poison, and bug types. They'd compete in various ways, but after a while there'd be a twist I don't want to give away, but it will force us to leave the academy and begin a journey. Just wanted to see what others thought before I typed this whole thing up.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I was just wondering if anyone would want to join a Role Play based on an academy, where we are all put into a school. You would each be placed into a "house" and each house is focused upon one or more types. For example, the forest house would be grass, poison, and bug types. They'd compete in various ways, but after a while there'd be a twist I don't want to give away, but it will force us to leave the academy and begin a journey. Just wanted to see what others thought before I typed this whole thing up.

Sounds Awesome! I'd join that maybe as a dragon hopeful

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

I would definately sign up to RP, sounds like a good idea.

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    That would be pretty cool Searn. Oh, and is anyone going to tell me about wether I should do that RP?

Well, I've never been much of a zombie liker, and I think that (forgot who it was) whoever wrote the zombie fanfic did a good job of it, and I'm not sure how it would play out as a Role Play, but I wouldn't join it purely on the reason I don't like zombies, so I'm not exactly the person to ask. It may, however, play out well with people who like them, so I'm not sure..

Back