• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    +Pokéma looks great so far! Let me know if you get it accepted as quickly as possible, this sounds awesome!!!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • :D
    I'm so happy that attention is being payed to my little RP *cough+AnimaRipoffcough* :D

I subbed it. Now it's just a matter of waiting... and waiting... and I'mma go fill in my own SU so as not to be hypocritical. :D

*happyhappyjoyjoy*

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I love +Anima, which is why I don't love +Pokema. I would be more interested, should it be the original. Another, thing, it is just a Pokemorph with a better formed ideal on how people get morphed.

Hansa

I got Fusion Legend! Do you?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2011
    I wouldn't say so! Pokemorph is really just an idea where humans get attributes and powers from Pokémon... which is a really vague idea, that I've never liked at all

+Pokéma get a body part or two from the Pokémon. This gives more creativity to the powers, and limitations (thank god)...
    i.e. You can't use "Ice Fang" even if you get a Croconaw's claws and tail...

But hey, I guess you have your rights, and the right to have an opinion... But it's pretty meaningless to post that you don't like it, without constructive criticism at all or suggestion to fix the so-called 'problem'

Years
  • I'm on the fence about it. I'll sign up with a character I have in my mine...who will most likely end up being a 'bad' +Pokema user

baseballa34657

Roleplaying Assasin
    Years
  • Story: Every 4 years the pokemon world championship is held and all four regions compete against one another. You are one person chosen too be on one of the four teams. (Kanto,Johto,Hoenn,Sinnoh) And the entire event is disturbed when Rayquaza comes in and shoop-do-woops the place and then you are chosen by a man named Ceasar to be one of the (preferably 4)people (one of each region)to stop the thing that is disturbing the legendaries. (you get to chose what's disturbing them Mrs./Mr. Roleplay Master)

Somebody please be a roleplay master for this. I just can't do it.
    Pokemon Roleplay Discussion

P.S. i'll get more in depth if you message me about ithttps://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=5940658

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2012
    That seems like a fairly interesting RP Baseballa. I would love to see more of the plot (small warning, I can either be very critical of things or very easy to please. You gotta get me in the right mood, try right after a big meal :P). I am not sure about the 4 person limit. Is it essential to the plot? Would it be possible to get an extra person on there if someone leaves?

I am a bit tired so I can't really come up wih any good questions at the moment. See you all later...possibly a lot later.

Last edited:

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • I love Social Studies. Thus, I base my RP ideas on American history. Check this one out, and criticize. It's not complete yet.

Spoiler:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • I love Social Studies. Thus, I base my RP ideas on American history. Check this one out, and criticize. It's not complete yet.

Spoiler:

First off, I think it would be wrong to suggest that Native American cultures can all be melded into one - they were very different, after all. There are thousands of different tribes and languages! It might be better to focus on a certain region - say, West Coast, or Prairies - and build up the culture around that. I'm sure your history course has described how closely Native American cultures were connected to their environment and lifestyle. Teepees on the prairies, log cabins on the coast.

Second, be careful not to make your roleplay too anvilicious. It's easy to portray the 'white man' as a selfish, heartless barbarian, as though this would make up for how the settlers treated the Native Americans. But I think you would have a far more interesting - and realistic - roleplay if you made both sides somewhat sympathetic.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Yes, Rabbit, I know Native American cultures cannot unify. I paid attention in social studies. I know that there were different geography, religions, languages, etc. There was that Solaras Tribe I mentioned. That will be the tribe I'll focud on. I also said they lived on the East Coast of Reytopia.

Thank you for your criticism.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I have a plot idea, but, unfortunately, there are some things that need to be worked out.
    Plus, there's the fact that I'm rarely active enough to actually host a RP.

The year is 3023. Humans have completely conquered Earth. There is no distinction between 'wild' and 'captured' Pokémon; it's all the same. Even the Legendaries have gotten caught and have bent to the will of their human captors. For most, it's not that different from before; what they'd agreed to. But to some, namely the Legendaries, they regret the decision to go along with the Pokémon-Trainer relationship, and they want out.

More than that. They're out for revenge. The humans disregarded their stature, and forced them to do their bidding as only they could. Such torture shouldn't go unpunished, so they formulate a plan. A gruesome plan. A plan the contents of which entails killing their human captors, and liberating every Pokémon of the human menace. After all, the humans have been abusing the privilege of training them.

Only one Legendary, Celebi, chose not to accept their plan. A time-traveler, Celebi has seen the horrible future that'll come to pass if the others have their way. But, at the same time, she knows that things must change, or a rebellion that'll kill everybody is inevitable.

Celebi, in desperation, uses her powers to summon many trainers, from many different times, to her and explains the situation. Unfortunately, most of the trainers refuse to help, leaving only a handful to do so.

These trainers must go into a world filled with scientists who assure the populous that nothing the Legendaries are capable of is outside of the realm of what they could deal with, and convince them the very opposite.

Other than that, I think it would be fun to do, though. The futuristic setting would be interesting, plus the fact that you could have people from the past. I think it would be interesting to see how a medieval trainer, for instance, reacts in a futuristic world.

The main problem with my plot, though, is intertwined with the very core of the plot: it's about an idea, and changing that idea. To kill an idea is impossible, so it would be hard to truly end (other than the thread dying).

Though, if anyone would actually want to host it, I wouldn't mind, though I doubt anyone would want to do such an odd plot.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Okay, so my RP "Focus Shift" died earlier this year and so i set about rewriting it, and editing it.

The underlying plot is that there exist humans called "Shifters" who use their Pokemon (called Catalysts) to shift between the realm we exist in now and another realm, the Aether Realm. But something is stirring, something that has nineteen year old Ichiro Raigami scared and as such, he sends out a 'call' to other Shifters; trying to band together a group of Shifters and Catalysts to both figure out and defeat what is stirring.

Here are some of the terms used (they might help a bit):
    Spoiler:

what do you think?

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Okay, so my RP "Focus Shift" died earlier this year and so i set about rewriting it, and editing it.

The underlying plot is that there exist humans called "Shifters" who use their Pokemon (called Catalysts) to shift between the realm we exist in now and another realm, the Aether Realm. But something is stirring, something that has nineteen year old Ichiro Raigami scared and as such, he sends out a 'call' to other Shifters; trying to band together a group of Shifters and Catalysts to both figure out and defeat what is stirring.

Here are some of the terms used (they might help a bit):
    Spoiler:

what do you think?

Mm, I'd have to know something about the plot to cast judgement on this one. What you have is basically just a detailed description of a fantastical premise: two worlds, teenagers and their companions that move between them having adventures. It reminds me of Digimon and something else that's very much like Digimon. I'd like to know whether there Catalysts have any meaning in their lives aside from helping teenagers have adventures, but that's a minor thing. The premise looks sound.

As for the thing that's 'stirring', well, that doesn't tell me much about the plot. On the one hand it could mean a complex quest with a lot of discoveries and twists; on the other hand it could mean just a big boss battle with a lot of training before hand.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Yea, i have a minimal plot at the moment due to re-editting. but thank you for your input.
    Also the Catalysts are the "second half" of a Shifters soul, so at the moment their only real purpose is to aid the shifters.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Hey everyone!

I've been thinking about making about making an RP that is somehow realted to "Mystery Dungeon". Sadly, I don't have enough creative juice to create a good plot for it. So far it's just this:

The hunt is on for treasure! Exploration teams from all guilds are in search of glory and riches, but they have no idea what may be in store for them in some dungeons they decide to explore. Now, unrecognized teams will become famous, and the famous teams virtually invisible. Which guild will become the richest and most famous guild in the land?

Hope someone else can continue this! :D

If someone did make one, I'll be sure to sign up for it.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I'm terrible at the advanced style of Pokemon roleplaying this site requires. Could someone teach me how to do advanced style RPGs?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Hi everyone! Speaking of pokémon RP, there's this great one:

www.pokemonatlas.forumperso.com

(You can see the banner in my signature.) It is still a bit under construction, but it's nearly done! You can still play, and it involves ALL the regions, from Kanto to Sinnoh!
    (Later on, there will be islands and new places to discover!)

Try it! ;)

Years
  • So uh, what's the general status of the roleplay part of this site? Active or not? Looks like there was some sort of kafuffle late July...

Back