• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    At least we can look forward to January 14th for the next announcement.

And be glad they're trying something new, even if it is just a spinoff.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    A bit late to this, but I was pretty disappointed that the next game announced wasn't the R/S remakes. Ah well. A crossover/spin-off game does sound interesting.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    At least we can look forward to January 14th for the next announcement.

And be glad they're trying something new, even if it is just a spinoff.

Im pretty sure this crossover game is what Coro Coro was planning to announce, so they'll probably just give new details of it in their next issue. I hope Im wrong but it seems pretty obvious that this is what Coro Coro had in store for us. I don't see them announcing two games so close to each other. But like I said, I do hope Im wrong.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    Well, if the game was due out in Spring, that's a little bit early for to release R/S remakes for the 10th anniversary. If they wanna get it around like they did with HG/SS, we would be waiting until September-November.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Well, if the game was due out in Spring, that's a little bit early for to release R/S remakes for the 10th anniversary. If they wanna get it around like they did with HG/SS, we would be waiting until September-November.

But september is most probably reserved for B/W third version.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
    Why are people acting like Grey or 3rd gen remakes re not being the game shown in Jan? Was it confirmed THIS was the game? Maybe I missed it. If were just assuming that this is the Jan 14th game then that is not good to just assume even if it is. Idk maybe I'm to optimistic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Why are people acting like Grey or 3rd gen remakes are not being the game shown in Jan? Was it confirmed THIS was the game? Maybe I missed it. If were just assuming that this is the Jan 14th game then that is not good to just assume even if it is. Idk maybe I'm to optimistic.
    I agree with you, They said that there will be a surprise announcement related to Pokemon in Jump festa, then they announced that they will reveal a new Pokemon game in January.

Plus the 3rd game and R/S remakes are going to be out in 2012.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Sure wanted RS remakes to be announced but, in all honesty, this looks like something I'd at least be interested to try out(if it makes it outside of Japan, see it as unlikely).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I agree with you, They said that there will be a surprise announcement related to Pokemon in Jump festa, then they announced that they will reveal a new Pokemon game in January.

Plus the 3rd game and R/S remakes are going to be out in 2012.
    Don't get your hopes up. I'd bet my house CoroCoro will talk about this game in January, not a main series game. This is the one coming out in spring, it wouldn't make sense to get everyone excited over a new main game that isn't out for 9 months and drag attention away from the one coming out next, which is definately what would happen. Mark my words, they'll definately announce Grey later, around May/June in the run up to the 15th movie.
    R/S remakes may have to wait until september 2013.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Don't get your hopes up. I'd bet my house CoroCoro will talk about this game in January, not a main series game. This is the one coming out in spring, it wouldn't make sense to get everyone excited over a new main game that isn't out for 9 months and drag attention away from the one coming out next, which is definately what would happen. Mark my words, they'll definately announce Grey later, around May/June in the run up to the 15th movie.

This.

Unfortunately, it really does look like we wont get R/S remakes until 2013. Its a given that Gray will be coming out this year because of the Kyurem movie. I wish Gray would wait though, because the 10th anniversary is a perfect time to release the remakes, but it looks like we wont get them until 2013 in Japan, which means we may not get it in English countries until 2014.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's due release for spring 2012 and unless they have another up their sleeve then this is it but I still stick with another game being released later 2012.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    The third B/W version will probably be the one to come out this year. It makes sense, usually a movie is released around July and the game follows it in September. Since the Kyurem movie is being released in July, it makes sense for the third B/W game to follow it in September.

Im not that interested in a third B/W version as much as I am with the remakes, but Ill still be happy either way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Then why would they say that there's a new Pokemon announcement in January?, they already revealed a new spin off in Jump festa.
    I think if it's about the new spin-off they would say there's going to be more information about this game in January Corocoro.
    Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Then why would they say that there's a new Pokemon announcement in January?, they already revealed a new spin off in Jump festa.
    I think if it's about the new spin-off they would say there's going to be more information about this game in January Corocoro.
    Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Im guessing there must have been some miscommunication between The Pokemon Company & Coro Coro, because I really don't see Coro Coro announcing a brand new game right after the crossover was announced. I hope Im wrong and they do announce another game, but it just seems very unlikely.

Also, just a random question, why would they put Meloetta, Genesect and Keldeo in B/W if they didn't plan to have events released for them? If Gray is coming out in September like most of us are predicting, I doubt they would get through events for all three of them in time and I doubt they put them in for no reason. What Im trying to say is, maybe they really aren't going to make a third B/W version? If they were going to make a third version why wouldn't they have saved those three mystery pokemon for Gray? Instead, they put them in B/W, hidden (along with their special events to unlock moves for them etc).. more than likely for future events on B/W. Not sure if everyone understands what Im saying since Im finding it hard to put in words, but yeah. I do hope they make a third B/W version but it just seems random to have those three mystery pokemon and events for them hidden in the game and not saving them for the third version.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    They wouldn't announce a spring 2012 game then announce another game a month after, that would mean giving out twice as much screenshots, info etc.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Also, just a random question, why would they put Meloetta, Genesect and Keldeo in B/W if they didn't plan to have events released for them? If Gray is coming out in September like most of us are predicting, I doubt they would get through events for all three of them in time and I doubt they put them in for no reason. What Im trying to say is, maybe they really aren't going to make a third B/W version? If they were going to make a third version why wouldn't they have saved those three mystery pokemon for Gray? Instead, they put them in B/W, hidden (along with their special events to unlock moves for them etc).. more than likely for future events on B/W. Not sure if everyone understands what Im saying since Im finding it hard to put in words, but yeah. I do hope they make a third B/W version but it just seems random to have those three mystery pokemon and events for them hidden in the game and not saving them for the third version.

Maybe they just wanted to make people able to use those pokemon in B/W battles even if they won't make through with events for them.

There are also other things connected to third game left in B/W for no reason, for example God Stone(gray colored) which will be probably used to awake Kyurem. There are also two unused ice moves for Kyurem called Ice Burn and Freeze Shock which are counterparts to Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt. The word "fusion" can mean that probably Reshiram and Zekrom will be combined into one new form of Kyurem as mentioned in B/W.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Nintendo / The Pokémon Company want promotional Pokémon they can use as leverage to get people to go to movie showings or buy random things.

There's at least one movie to be released before the next Pokémon game, which we can easily assume one of the three (Most likely Keledo) will be given out for people who buy tickets to the showing. Apart from movies, there's still plenty of other means to distribute these Pokémon - along with other irregularities like Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram's shiny colours, which were designed and implemented but locked out of normal encounters before release for an ulterior reason.

Lest we forget, the Shiny Pichu and Movie Arceus given away to viewers of Movie 12 was for all Gen IV games up to that point: Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Movie 13 Celebi and the Legendary Beasts could be given to all Gen IV games. No reason that 2013 or even 2014's movies can't throw a bone to the people still on B/W.

Nintendo has a lot of ammunition in the form of content locked out of the game carts that we've paid for - and despite what they've said about selling DLC for games in the past, they're more than happy to take the path that doesn't make they seem like the bad guy as much.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back