• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Personally I wanted a Hoenn remake to come after HeartGold/SoulSilver. That way every region would be in the current generation?

However, after Black/White, I aswell as the obvious Hoenn remakes, and a possible Fr/Lg remake (they're not going to let Kanto dissapear, y'know?), I'd like a direct sequel to Black/White. Like G/S/C were direct sequels to R/G/B/Y.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015

However, after Black/White, I aswell as the obvious Hoenn remakes, and a possible Fr/Lg remake (they're not going to let Kanto dissapear, y'know?), I'd like a direct sequel to Black/White. Like G/S/C were direct sequels to R/G/B/Y.

It's obvious they'll have a BW sequel. Maybe called Grey Version?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • So far in the every Generation, there has been a new batch of pokemon introduced in a new game, and a remake of that game. It's been happening ever since the 3rd gen. Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was the new and FR/LG was a remake of the old. Same with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HG/SS.

So what are they gonna remake now?

Personally I think a remake of the Hoenn region in 3D design similiar to the screens seen in the 5th gen is next.

they might remake the horrible 3rd gen...

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Ruby was my 1st Pokémon game and Hoenn is one of my favorite regions. I can't wait for a 4th-gen remake :)

shot571

Ruby was also was my first game. I was so excited after starting. Seeing the jump in graphics from my friends gold and silver was amazing. Some really good features however imo I didnt think it was up to the standard of Gold and silver. So I would like to see a remake to release Hoenns full potential. Also too much surfing. Waaay too much.

Years
  • Wow. i'm surprised how many people said yes when generally speaking R/S are the least favourite versions.

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
  • Nintendo knew that hoenn remake would not be successful because many people hated the 3rd gen cuz misty went..

that's why it would not be a nice idea making remakes of hoenn...

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Sounds like a real possibility, but since Black & White are priority. R/S remakes won't be around til around 2013 :\ or something like that.

SamCooper

Veteran Trainer (2000-2010)
    Years
  • Generation III were my least favourite in the series, but... to be honest, I think I'd buy it anyway.

I'm saving up for HG/SS at the moment and I can't wait to get it. Gen.II was easily my favourite generation.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • I think a lot of people are missing the main point. While a lot of people say "You can transfer the pokémon, you can get the legendaries from certain things ect" You have to remember that it's the story behind each of the games that makes Pokémon popular.

It's alright having a Kyorge on your HG/SS and what not, but you haven't played the story to get there. Pokémon is a popular RPG, and it's the story that makes the games. Granted most of the time it's just a repeated plot with different characters and features, but many people are also being too stubborn to remember that nintendo aren't focusing on the people who played the original games (SInce most would have grown out) But the new generations of Kids who are being introduced to new pokémon.

They'll remake the games so they can not only make money, but show the new kids what the old games were about, and the different stories behind them.

Also, I would love to battle a long side and against Steven Stone again, in better graphics! That would make me happy as he is my pokémon role model haha.

GoldvsRed

Geodude is a pretty cool guy.
    Years
  • I think a lot of people are missing the main point. While a lot of people say "You can transfer the pokémon, you can get the legendaries from certain things ect" You have to remember that it's the story behind each of the games that makes Pokémon popular.

It's alright having a Kyorge on your HG/SS and what not, but you haven't played the story to get there. Pokémon is a popular RPG, and it's the story that makes the games. Granted most of the time it's just a repeated plot with different characters and features, but many people are also being too stubborn to remember that nintendo aren't focusing on the people who played the original games (SInce most would have grown out) But the new generations of Kids who are being introduced to new pokémon.

They'll remake the games so they can not only make money, but show the new kids what the old games were about, and the different stories behind them.

Also, I would love to battle a long side and against Steven Stone again, in better graphics! That would make me happy as he is my pokémon role model haha.

You just gave all of the reasons as to why we need a remake.

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • ^ I hope that's a good thing XD but there are also many more reasons why they should make a remake.

Starling008

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • In Pokemon Diamond, there were many things that hinted towards a G/S remake (which was made) some of these were

1. The Traveling Man who gives you the egg says that Pokemon eggs hatch when it is with energetic Pokemon, and mentions Professor Elm. A reference to Professor Elm of Johto, and how Pokemon eggs were introduced there.
    2. The Pal Park Pokeballs are gold and silver with a crystal in the middle.
    3. Next to the resort hotel, if you go into some guy's house, he mentions the Tin Tower, home of Ho-Oh. He also mentions Whirl Islands, home of Lugia. Finally, he mentions the dancing Clefairy, which you can see if you go to Mt. Moon on Friday.
    4. Drifloon comes only on Friday, just as the dancing Clefairy. Lapras also only comes on Friday, too.
    5. Kurt's unique Pokeballs are obtainable in the game, but only by hacking.
    6. By hacking, you can get your Pokemon to be from Johto, meaning the game is trade-able with a Johto game...
    7. Jasmine visits you, gives you Waterfall, and mentions that you should visit Johto sometime.
    8. The SecretPotion says in its description that it's from Cianwood City.
    9. At the beginning of the game, it mentions the red Gyarados from G/S/C.
    10. Firered and Leafgreen were remakes of games needing them, so that leaves 2 more games to need them!
    11. Crasher Wake and Chuck hold their arms in the same way.
    12. After Bebe gives you an Eevee, she mentions Bill having a bunch of them.
    13. There is a GS ball in the middle of every Pokemon Center.
    14. Sweet Honey is similar to headbutting a tree in G/S/C.
    15. Both games have a lighthouse that you need to do something in to make a gym leader appear.
    16. The time thing all started in G/S/C.
    17. The night guards are here again, who only fight you at night.
    18. In the place where you get Shaymin, there is a Dragon Tamer who says,"It's been years since I've left the Dragon's Den" after you battle him.

I'm NOT saying this is correct but from what i've seen, i've picked up a few things which MAY hint towards Pokemon R/S remakes in Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver;

1. Steven Stone appears in the game (Getting Hoenn starters)
    2. Steven Stone also appears in an event (Latios & Latias)
    3. Bill mentions Lanette and the Hoenn region
    4. The Hoenn region is also mentiond by various people throughout the game
    5. Kyogre & Groudon & Rayquaza are obtainable (Blue, Red & Jade Orb)
    6. Hoenn Sound (Pokemon Radio Show)
    these hints are similar to the ones in Pokemon Diamond & Pearl which we're hints for G/S remakes and Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver we're made, there might be some in Pokemon Black & White too. However, that's just my theory, what do you think? Also, if you've spotted any more please post them in the comments and I will add to the list, thanks!

(I am aware that Pokemon HG/SS has been released US/UK but this is just a speculation)

Those hints are convincing...much like the hints to Johto I too noticed while playing Diamond. It all depends on whether or not Nintendo thinks they will be a success. Gold and Silver had to be remade, because they were the only games not compatible with the new DS system. Oftentimes, people couldn't even play G/S/C on the Gameboy, because the games had lost the ability to save your progress. To sum it up, the games were so out of date, they were barely playable, and judging by how successful the original G/S were, people would still want to play them.

Judging by that, Nintendo may not consider remaking them until they are no longer playable...and the original R/S/E series is still very playable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back